• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fasted AM Training

Jag

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone training first thing in the morning on an empty stomach?
I do and absolutely love it!!

What's your ritual?

I don't like it very much. I think it's always a good idea to replenish as soon as you wake up, since your body will be low on things like glycogen.

That said, I do like to lift in the AM. I try to do something like 1 meal, then my preworkout stuff, then hit the gym.

Not a big fan. I like some food in me before I train. I've done it a few times and became hypoglycemic, which is not very fun at all.

LISS cardio is a different story altogether, saturdays I do a cup of strong coffee, then head to the gym for conditioning/depletion/fun stuff + LISS cardio before my no holds barred carb up.

You definitely have to be a morning person but there's a lot of pluses. No traffic on the roads or at the gym is the best thing. Once i leave the house i'm back in 2 hours at the absolute most. Training at night i'm back in 3 hours or more.

I've always been an early riser so a strong coffee, 60mg of Geranamine, a spoonful each of Beta-Alanine and Citrulline Malate and I'm ready to go. The BA and CM i alternate every few months with Creatine Monohydrate and BCAAs.

Of course i drink a lot of water as well. It's amazing how much stronger i feel and how much i pump up from the water. I really notice the difference when i don't drink.

30 minutes into the workout i start sipping on a Whey/BCAA/Gatorade shake. This also helps dramatically.

There's not many that do it so i'm just wondering what other am trainers do.

I don't like it much, I need to fuel up before I start exercising. I have tried it. I have been successful at performing some cardio before eating in the morning, but not any weights...

I prefer to workout about an hour after I eat. I seem to feel better at the gym, and have more stamina.

I would never want to do this. If I knew I was going to have to train early, I would set my alarm and get up early enough to get in a meal beforehand. At the very least I would chug a mixture of gatorade and caffeine.

One thing I have advised a friend to do who is in this situation is to eat a large, very starchy meal before he goes to bed. This gives him a good boost of energy in the morning. Not everyone can get away with doing that, but he's a skinny hardgainer, so it works for him.

personally i like to train an hour or so after a meal but im a skinny and need to gain as much weight as possible so eating is everything. My football coach a couple of years ago had us waking up and hitting the gym at 5:30 am before school 4 days a week, too early to get a breakfast in. They preached how your testosterone level is higher in the mornings ableing you to possible lift more/get stonger faster. Is this true?

Back