• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

If....

T_man

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
genetics has a big role to play in BB, then surely routines should also be shaped around somatotype.

Say ectos have to work harder to gain the same amount of muscle as a meso, then shouldn't he do more sets or reps or exercises, just in the same way if he was to exercise off fat (which im not suggesting, but just use this as an example) he would have to exercise less than an endo.

Thoughts?

genetics has a big role to play in BB, then surely routines should also be shaped around somatotype.

Say ectos have to work harder to gain the same amount of muscle as a meso, then shouldn't he do more sets or reps or exercises, just in the same way if he was to exercise off fat (which im not suggesting, but just use this as an example) he would have to exercise less than an endo.

Thoughts?

An ectomorph should do a lower volume of work/volume. They just need to create a stimulus and then get out of the gym and eat. If they do more volume, they will be wasting time expending energy (which they are already good at - which is why they are endomorphs).

patrick

An ectomorph should do a lower volume of work/volume. They just need to create a stimulus and then get out of the gym and eat. If they do more volume, they will be wasting time expending energy (which they are already good at - which is why they are ectomorphs). :)

patrick

so is it more a case of calories surplus?? Is that what makes them ecto??
If this is the case, then are somatotype difference in gaining muscle just to do with calories (base metabolic rate)

Can an ecto compete with a meso in terms of bulking up?

so is it more a case of calories surplus?? Is that what makes them ecto??
If this is the case, then are somatotype difference in gaining muscle just to do with calories (base metabolic rate)

Can an ecto compete with a meso in terms of bulking up?

Genetic make up probably makes them ectomorphic.

I am sure hypertrophy between the various somatotypes has to do with a combination of training and nutrition. It is never just one thing.

I don't know what you mean by "compete" with a meso. The individuals will gain whatever they can using proper nutrition and training.

I think you are over thinking this stuff.

patrick

what i meant was, can an ecto become mr olympia basically. do mesos have a really clear advantage over an ecto given the food & training is in check?

i'm just contemplating p-funk, i'm not using this information to plan anything. I just want a better insight into somatotypes :). The thing that interests me is that my brother does no excercise whatsoever, undereats, but still has sizeable muscle, broad shoulders etc whereas until I started BB I had narrow shoulders, was immensely skinny and have a much harder time putting on weight. So I was just researching into somatotypes and found an article about how ectos have to train differently, and more.

what i meant was, can an ecto become mr olympia basically. do mesos have a really clear advantage over an ecto given the food & training is in check?

Is this with or without drugs? Meso's do have an advantage, but you're talking about the upper end of the genetic pool with regards to muscle development.

People who are Mr. Olympia (aside from drugs) are very gifted. Just like people who win gold medals.

I don't know that every Mr. Olympia was a mesomorph - but I do know that they all had incredible genetics to get to where they are.

As far as your brother - some guys just have a better structure than others. I know lots of guys that were genetically "big" without ever lifting or trying to be. It is just the individuality of us all.

If you are genetically skinny and have a hard time putting on weight - train less, eat more.

patrick

Thats the thing patrick, ever since I started eating more & training smartly, I've grown so much compared to all my friends who have also been training. I've put on 56lb in the past 2 years (90% muscle). I wouldn't call that difficulty gaining weight so I think I'm a mixture.

And those "great genetics" isn't that being a full on meso (rather than a mix)

Is this with or without drugs? Meso's do have an advantage, but you're talking about the upper end of the genetic pool with regards to muscle development.

Whats the difference in effect of drugs in ectos/mesos?

Thats the thing patrick, ever since I started eating more & training smartly, I've grown so much compared to all my friends who have also been training. I've put on 56lb in the past 2 years (90% muscle). I wouldn't call that difficulty gaining weight so I think I'm a mixture.

And those "great genetics" isn't that being a full on meso (rather than a mix)

maybe you aren't a mesomorph after all? who the hell knows? I think that those things are just an over simplified way of trying to explain something that is a lot more complicated - which is why i generally don't even think about it. You may have tendencies of both characteristics. Most people are a combination, I'm sure, and aren't just one specific category.

As far as "great genetics" it is beyond the term meso (again, simple term explaining complicated things). Aside from being able to put on muscle easily (like a mesomorph), the top bodybuilders have great symmetry and look aesthetically pleasing. But that is enough BBing talk out of me - I am not a big fan of the sport.

patrick

IML Gear Cream!
I'm definately not a meso. Probably more of an ect mixed with a meso. Well I have narrow(ish) shoulders but have a very wide chest, it's weird. I also have long legs and really really big glutes, with a sclerosis of the back it's size is really emphasised lol. My muscles however are all symetrical and in good proportions to each other and grow in an aesthetically pleasing way, well apart from my triceps lol.

Back