• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sarah Palin trashed by members of John McCain's campaign team in Vanity Fair

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Sarah Palin trashed by members of John McCain's campaign team in Vanity Fair

Alaska's lipstick-wearing pit-bull is a "Little Shop of Horrors."

That's how one longtime friend and campaign trail companion of John McCain, the vanquished 2008 GOP presidential nominee, described veep nominee Sarah Palin.

In an expansive story in the August edition of Vanity Fair, a slew of senior members of McCain's campaign team told reporter Todd S. Purdum that they suffer a kind of survivor's guilt following the 2008 presidential election.

"They can't quite believe that for two frantic months last fall, caught in a Bermuda Triangle of a campaign, they worked their tails off to try to elect as vice president of the United States someone who, by mid-October, they believed for certain was nowhere near ready for the job, and might never be," Vanity Fair reports.

During the campaign, there were reports of anonymous McCain aides describing Palin, the governor of Alaska, as a "diva" and a "whack job."

The Vanity Fair article recounts how strained Palin's relationship was with the McCain advisers. She maintained "only the barest level of civil discourse" with Tucker Eskew, the operative assigned to be her chief minder, the magazine reports.

She believed Steve Schmidt, McCain's top strategist, had lied to her about conducting polling in Alaska - that was a "belief she conveyed to anyone who would listen," the magazine reported.

As previously reported, Palin was so intent on delivering her own concession speech on Election Night that she wouldn't accept advisers telling her that McCain had decided he would be the only one to speak. She took the issue up with McCain himself, discussing it on the walk from his hotel suite to the farewell rally.

Palin did not speak on Election Night. Only McCain addressed the crowd and the nation.

One McCain aide, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said he "always wanted to tell myself the best-case story about her."

"I think, as I've evaluated it, I think some of my worst fears???the after-election events have confirmed that her more negative aspects my have been there???."

As his voice trailed off, he said, "I saw her as a raw talent. Raw, but a talent. I hoped she could become better."

Palin refused to comment for Vanity Fair.

source

This view was shared by many of her peers.

The liberals would love to see her run again.

Yeah, phuq those republicans pigs for trying to convince us all differently.
And they tried to get her elected anyways, it didn't work, so now they're growing a conscience.

What were the stats on that again ? 60% of republicans would like to see her run again, but 100% of democrats would like to see her run again.

After I saw the Couric interview with Palin, I was very disturbed.

I watched the interview on Youtube about 4 times, because I was so dismayed at her ignorance on several question.

The Couris interview was a train crash. Inside my head, I knew this could be very defining.

And then breaking campaign rules by attacking Obama's "patriotism" before getting it approved by Schmidt. Wanting to give a speech in the concession speech, which is never done by the VP. The $700 Nieman-Marcus handbag for her seven year old daughter. Dropping her "-ing" enings in words like workin', walkin', talkin' to some appeal to working class whites in semi-rural and rural areas.

An embarrassing disaster for the GOP in my opinion, even though....Palin gets decent polling numbers from people that identify as Republicans.

Those that still identify and support the GOP is a small number today.

I agree, Min0, that if Palin stays on in the GOP as a high profile potential contender, or actual contender 3.5 years from now, it will hurt the GOP a lot.

Lot of Independent voters in the Center. You've got to win their support.

I think IRBaboon, agrees with the sentiment that she would not have been good for you & I, but for the powers that be, perfect!

The only answers ^^ and ^^^ are an emoticon.

Well, it's worth the bump.

:mooh:

to this day, with this president, this argument still blows my mind

stop speaking such words against our teflon coated supreme leader of hope, joy, and rainbows.

Lot of Independent voters in the Center. You've got to win their support.

In three years, people are going to be so tired of Obama, Mickey Mouse could beat him in an election.

He's a terrible leader.

Romney is going to win in a landslide in 2012.

I think its also a huge reflection of McCain's judgment for selecting her as his running mate.

Yes, if only he had the good judgment to pick someone like Biden. :lol:

joe-biden.jpg

He's an embarassment, and Obama knows it. What does that say about Obama's judgment?

Yes, if only he had the good judgment to pick someone like Biden. :lol:

He's an embarassment, and Obama knows it. What does that say about Obama's judgment?

but see, I really don't give a shit, I am not married to a political party as you are.

IML Gear Cream!
but see, I really don't give a shit, I am not married to a political party as you are.

I'm married to a political philosophy, not a party... and I hate the Democratic Party's.

I'm married to a political philosophy, not a party... and I hate the Democratic Party's.

okay, you supported Bush, how did he carry out this conservative philosophy that you so believe in?

okay, you supported Bush, how did he carry out this conservative philosophy that you so believe in?

He wasn't a fiscal conservative. I supported Bush's foreign policy & think he was the right man for the job after 9/11. The bailout bullshit, and spending I never supported.

In three years, people are going to be so tired of Obama, Mickey Mouse could beat him in an election.

He's a terrible leader.

Romney is going to win in a landslide in 2012.

We need someone like Romney, but I'm afraid it can't be Romney. I don't think a mormon could win a parties nomination let alone the general. It's sad that this is an issue, but im afraid it is.

We need someone like Romney, but I'm afraid it can't be Romney. I don't think a mormon could win a parties nomination let alone the general. It's sad that this is an issue, but im afraid it is.

I really don't see it being an issue. Obama is going to decimate the economy, and people are going to look for someone who can run a business, and Romney is proven. I think he'll get a lot of support behind him next time.

Regan lost his first Presidential primary!

I really don't see it being an issue. Obama is going to decimate the economy, and people are going to look for someone who can run a business, and Romney is proven. I think he'll get a lot of support behind him next time.

Regan lost his first Presidential primary!

I don't deny the guys abilities. I think the Romney is uniquely suited to head our economy as difficult as things are right now. I still think that prejudices win and loose elections.

Obama won the feel good election solely on bush fatigue. It certainly didn't have anything to do with his positions. Right now obama can do no wrong in the eyes of the masses. I think that sentiment is going to last a long time. i don't like it, but im afraid obama will get a 2nd victory on bush fatigue. no matter how bad of a job he does. i understand its a pessimistic attitude, but thats how it is as far as i can tell.

He wasn't a fiscal conservative. I supported Bush's foreign policy & think he was the right man for the job after 9/11. The bailout bullshit, and spending I never supported.

oh okay, so as long as your republican president holds some conservative policies he is okay, gotcha. :rolleyes:

oh okay, so as long as your republican president holds some conservative policies he is okay, gotcha. :rolleyes:

:confused: Where did I say that?

He was tough on defense, bad on spending. Either way, he was better than Kerry or Gore... it was an easy decision.

Would you vote for someone you agree with 75% of the time or 0% ?

:confused: Where did I say that?

He was tough on defense, bad on spending. Either way, he was better than Kerry or Gore... it was an easy decision.

Would you vote for someone you agree with 75% of the time or 0% ?

you cannot assert that Bush was better than Kerry or Gore because they were never president, thus you have no idea how they may have run the country.

bottom line is you are married to the republican party and you will support ALL republican presidents and NEVER support a democratic president, that was my original point. you will not even give Obama a chance, it would not matter what he did in office, he is a black democrat in your eyes and everything he does will be bad for the country. and if Obama does turn the economy around and/or anything else successful you will find a way to give the credit to the republicans some how and some way.

you cannot assert that Bush was better than Kerry or Gore because they were never president, thus you have no idea how they may have run the country.

bottom line is you are married to the republican party and you will support ALL republican presidents and NEVER support a democratic president, that was my original point. you will not even give Obama a chance, it would not matter what he did in office, he is a black democrat in your eyes and everything he does will be bad for the country. and if Obama does turn the economy around and/or anything else successful you will find a way to give the credit to the republicans some how and some way.

I said it was an easy decision to vote for Bush when I voted in 2000 & 2004.

I disagree with everything the Democrats believe in, so if that makes me married to the Republicans in your eyes, so be it. I do consider myself a republican, but I'm not one blindly. To the core I believe in limited gov't and strong defense, etc.

Of course I seem Obama as wrong from the get-go, because I whole-heartedly disagree with his philosphy. He beleives in BIG, sorry, FUCKING HUGE government, and I think the government is the problem. Obama has a chance to prove me wrong, and his being black has nothing to do with it.. I resent that. Democrats are the only ones who seem to care he's black.

Obama has a fillibuster proof majority. There are no excuses, no ways around it. The Democrats run EVERYTHING, and the Republicans can stop and do NOTHING. If the economy turns around the Democrats are responsible. But they are also fully responsible if the opposite happens.

And don't hypocritically paint me in a box. You are the one who called Obama a "true leader". When I asked what he had done to earn that, you said you had "faith". You seem to be in his pocket as much as you claim I'm in the Republicans.

Back