• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Am i excersising properly

begginer123

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ive just started working out ive checked out loads of videos and books etc on how to use dumbbells properly but im not sure if i am doing it properly because it feels like the muscles in my forearms are doing most of the work, im not swinging, my elbows remain steady and slightly resting on my sides and i do straight dumbbells curls up to the chest but again it still feels like my forearms are doing a lot of the work i do still feel my biceps working but again forearms seem to be doing the majority and none of the videos or books talk about or help, what do i need to do????

Don't worry about curls so much. It could just be a case that your forearms are weaker than your biceps so tire more easily. If you are curling the weight properly your biceps have to contract in order for the weight to move, theres no two ways around that.

Do you follow a complete exercise program right now?

I would read the stickies at the top of this Training forum for some great beginners info about exercising with weights.

i did initially think that it was because my forearms were just weaker but nothing showed me information that it was that so i just assumed i was doing it wrong and thanks ill check them out

There is nothing wrong with your forearms doing all the work. If you think that it is such a problem and need to focus on them more there are isolation moves that you can do. (i.e-hammer curls) Isolation moves aren't the greatest way to workout, but some people prefer it. You are better off doing more movements that involve a lot of body parts such as Deadlifts, Squats and Benchpress. You will be working more than just one bodypart and will see better gains from them. Just a thought....

Back