• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Captured U.S. Soldier in Taliban Video Identified

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Bowe Bergdahl, Captured U.S. Soldier in Taliban Video Identified - ABC News

Department of Defense officials confirmed the identity of a captured American soldier in a video posted online Saturday by the Taliban.

Private first class Bowe Bergdahl, 23, of Ketchum, Idaho, went missing from his base in eastern Afghanistan on June 30. On July 3, officials declared him "missing-captured."
Early in the video, a captor holds up the soldier's dog tag to the camera; later Bergdahl states his name and hometown on the video. Bergdahl is a member of 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska.
Bergdahl is shown in the video sitting cross-legged with a shaved head eating a meal. During the footage, the camera frequently cuts back and forth to shots of Bergdahl answering questions in short, stilted sentences.
"I am scared. Scared I won't be able to come home. It is very unnerving to be a prisoner," Bergdahl says in the video

Bergdahl, who appeared dressed in gray with the start of a beard, spoke of his family and the girlfriend he hopes to marry back home. For a moment he began to break down and cry. In following shots, he was asked, "Any message to your people?"
He replied, "To my fellow Americans who have loved ones over here, who know what it's like to miss them, you have the power to make our government bring them home."
The 28-minute video features more question and answers about Bergdahl's view on the war, which he calls extremely hard, and about Bergdahl's desire to learn more about Islam.
On July 2, the military told The Associated Press that a U.S. soldier had disappeared after walking off his base in eastern Afghanistan with three Afghan counterparts. At the time he was believed to have been taken prisoner.
Bergdahl says in the video that he was captured when he lagged behind on a patrol. His family released a statement through the Idaho National Guard, and is asking for privacy during this time: "We hope and pray for our son's safe return to his comrades and then to our family, and we appreciate all the support and expressions of sympathy shown to us by our family members, our friends and others across the nation. Thank you, and please continue to keep Bowe in your thoughts and prayers."

U.S. Military: Taliban Using Soldier for 'Propaganda'

Lt. Cmdr. Christine Sidenstricker, a U.S. military spokeswoman in Afghanistan, said the Taliban was using their captive for propaganda.
"I'm glad to see he appears unharmed, but again, this is a Taliban propaganda video," Sidenstricker saud. "They are exploiting the soldier in violation of international law."
Bergdahl says in the video that the date was July 14, although it is unclear from the video alone that the date is authentic.
In the video, Bergdahl speaks about a recent helicopter crash, saying that he heard a Chinook helicopter carrying 37 NATO troops had been shot down over the Helmand Provence in Afghanistan.

The Associated Press reports that a helicopter carrying six Ukrainian civilians on a reported humanitarian mission for NATO forces was shot down in southern Afghanistan July 14.

Afghans speaking on the condition of anonymity told the AP that the soldier was held by a Taliban group led by a commander called Maulvi Sangin, who operates in the area where the American went missing.
The Afghans, who are in contact with the Taliban, said Bergdahl's captors planned to smuggle him into Pakistan, but then decided to move him into Taliban-controlled areas of the Ghanzi province.
The AP said it is impossible to independently confirm the anonymous Afghans' information.
The Associated Press Contributed to this report

Damn, poor kid. We are trying to bring you guys home, but all this is to no avail. Some of us know you guys don't belong there in that god forsaken desert, but we are not being heard. All this power lies with the people nonsense is just a farce.

It took me several years in the service to realise this, now you are getting a first hand crash coarse.

my son is 12, he recently just started saying he wants to be a soldier. i'm torn between proud and terrified.

my son is 12, he recently just started saying he wants to be a soldier. i'm torn between proud and terrified.

That's heartbreaking. Fortunately, you still have six years to try to change his mind. If, he must join the service, try to convince him to join the Airforce. There's no need for him to roll around in the mud, or just do some of the stupid shit you've to do in the Marines Corps.

Show him this video, school is a much safer option!

i wish they could go in with guns blazing, kill every person connected to taking this young man and display their heads on poles.

i wish they could go in with guns blazing, kill every person connected to taking this young man and display their heads on poles.
would be great...but gosh...we're just too civilized and nice for that...

i feel ya. and for bowe, but even if we as a people were as savage as a mother lynx protecting her young i'd doubt if we'd get em all.

You don't have to get them all...just enough to get them to stop killing us.

You don't have to get them all...just enough to get them to stop killing us.

then who's to say it wouldn't start again?? im thinking about ants in the home.

It disgusts me when I hear the liberal left crying about our needing to "understand" our enemies and "get them to like us". (Keylan, that's not directed at you.) BULLSHIT! Our current enemy is the most base form of human being. They understand one thing and that thing is power. If we prove that we are more powerful than them and aren't afraid to us that power on them they'll leave us alone. Was that way for many years. It wasn't until WE became "civilized" and refused to use our power, even to defend ourselves, that they became bold and started pulling shit like bombing our embassies, bombing our ships, kidnapping our soldiers/citizens, etc.

I don't want our enemies to like us. They're our enemies for God's sake. Letting our guard down would only give them a chance to stab us in the back.

I don't want our enemies to fear us. Fear causes people to do stupid things.

I want our enemies to RESPECT us. Respect our way of life and respect our ability and willingness to defend that way of life. The only proven way to EARN that respect is to unleash the full wrath of the U.S. military on anyone and everyone who threatens us. Once that happens these little worms will crawl back in their holes and go back to leaving us alone.

IML Gear Cream!
It disgusts me when I hear the liberal left crying about our needing to "understand" our enemies and "get them to like us". (Keylan, that's not directed at you.) BULLSHIT! Our current enemy is the most base form of human being. They understand one thing and that thing is power. If we prove that we are more powerful than them and aren't afraid to us that power on them they'll leave us alone. Was that way for many years. It wasn't until WE became "civilized" and refused to use our power, even to defend ourselves, that they became bold and started pulling shit like bombing our embassies, bombing our ships, kidnapping our soldiers/citizens, etc.

I don't want our enemies to like us. They're our enemies for God's sake. Letting our guard down would only give them a chance to stab us in the back.

I don't want our enemies to fear us. Fear causes people to do stupid things.

I want our enemies to RESPECT us. Respect our way of life and respect our ability and willingness to defend that way of life. The only proven way to EARN that respect is to unleash the full wrath of the U.S. military on anyone and everyone who threatens us. Once that happens these little worms will crawl back in their holes and go back to leaving us alone.

In reality, they will never like, fear, OR respect us. They are not capable of rational thought, and thus a shitty enemy to fight against.

This is exactly the reason I believe every United States Military Person should have to attend SERE training. These Muslim Extremists think it's some sort of accomplishment to get a frightened enlisted soldier who really doesn't want to be over there anyhow because he'd rather watch the locals blow one another up from a bar stool back in the States.

In reality, they will never like, fear, OR respect us. They are not capable of rational thought, and thus a shitty enemy to fight against.

I know what you mean to say, but the way you stated it sounds defeatist. We both know we have to do SOMETHING and the best thing against animals like this is pure, unrestrained force.

WTF DO YOU THINK HAPPENS IN WARS!! GODDAMIT THEY JOIN A MILITARY ORGANIZATION AND THINK ITS GOING TO BE JUST HARD TRAINING AND FREE CASH FOR COLLEGE!!! 'NOPE' YOUR TO DO THE BIDDING OF A BUNCH OF OLD ASS FARTS THAT AREN'T STUPID ENOUGH TO GO TO WAR THEMSELVES, BUT LOVE TO START THEM, SO SEND THE YOUNG AND BRAINLESS. ITS WHAT I WOULD DO :roflmao:

dude...ease off the caffeine...and caps lock.

Suddenly...this quote seems to work here...
"...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

Last edited:
Why are we so easy on them anyway, I really don't believe we used our full forces.
Not saying we should nuke them but this should have been Desert Storm II instead it's become another Vietnam war.

hearts-n-mids, mino...meanwhile, our troops are getting killed...its gettin' a bit rough here. American flag was at half-mast again the past few days. Somehwere in one of our down range units, someone paid the price...or multiple.

hearts-n-mids, mino....
:hmmm: Is this about music? I'm lost.

Hearts N' Minds: A Tribute to Iraq War Music

Sample lyrics from the song "24 Hours":

Ied's in the street
Look who's shop they in front of
Burn his shit to the ground
Cause he gotta know something

Population of millions
But no one knows nothing
Line em up till they talk
If they wont talk fuckem

They tune el change
When you kill enough of em
Police they own shit
And we will not fuck with em

Either that or we
Reach out and touchem
So speak out against it
Or be part of the problem

Me, I'd hold everyone liable
There is no exception
Specially when you
Lie for em

Incomin mortars and rockets
raining down on the ground
blowing up good men
landin in the town

M-T Hell switch on
light the motherfuckers up
burn the motherfuckers up
yeah that motherfuckers up

Guess what Osama
we're niggers with lasers
we're gonna fry your eyes
with some motherfuckin lasers

Just for fun were gonna fry that dog
that little girls dog
blow it up with a laser
hit that shit with the laser

Leave it running and spin it
burning down trees
blasting out eyeballs
Hajjis beggin please

Why are we so easy on them anyway, I really don't believe we used our full forces.
Not saying we should nuke them but this should have been Desert Storm II instead it's become another Vietnam war.

Because politicians run wars now, not the people who know what they are doing.... which is exactly why we lost Vietnam.

I know what you mean to say, but the way you stated it sounds defeatist. We both know we have to do SOMETHING and the best thing against animals like this is pure, unrestrained force.

I'm agreeing with you, I say blow them the fuck up.

IML Gear Cream!
Because politicians run wars now, not the people who know what they are doing.... which is exactly why we lost Vietnam.

It's everyday now that I hear about a crooked Politician in the news, sad thing is that it's rarely anything positive.

Love that Avatar of yours. :D

I'm agreeing with you, I say blow them the fuck up.
sad to say, but was talking w/ one of my chaplain's here recently. He travels all over 'ghan supporting the troops, so he sees a lot.
His take on the insurgents (NOT the Afghan people who just want to live their lives)is: they need to be killed.
They are so ingrained w/ hate that they cannot be brought back to seeing things 'clearly'.
What do I mean by "clearly" ?
Be a human being: wake up, go to work, go home to your family and friends. Try to better yourself.

Here's my take on religion:
I don't give a flying fuuuuuu....what religion you believe in, if you believe in one.
However...if your religion...calls for you to hurt/maim/kill another...you seriously need to rethink things over.
God...does not tell anybody to kill people in his name.
A lot of these people here cannot read nor write and only know what they are told by there tribal clerics.
That's what 'we' have to try and correct. (The school of thought)

I've mentioned this in previous thread: I've spoken w/ troops coming back from Iraq. The iraqi people are seeing that we aren't the big, bad evil 'infidels' we were made out to be. They are seeing that alot of the bombings/killings that are happening to them are not from the US or coalition forces, but from insurgents. They are tired of it and are coming to the troops and turning in insurgents. They want their kids to be able to play in the streets.

We are basically fuqqed here. We cant leave. They are gonna drag us around here like in 'Nam. If we do leave, we will be back again. This is a world wide problem, but it is mostly the US footing the bill. That's BS.
I have French and Romanian here. Nice people. They don't have a lot of faith in the 'ghannis taking control of their country either.

...off soap box:run:

But you're spreading democracy.... fuckin retarded.

My heart goes out to this young man but, I'm just glad that after a year and 1/2, the conversation is back on these two trumped up wars, and not on the distractions these guys create to throw us off track.

My heart goes out to this young man but, I'm just glad that after a year and 1/2, the conversation is back on these two trumped up wars, and not on the distractions these guys create to throw us off track.

what the hell are you talking about?

Back