• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The Fallen Shall Rise Again!!!

IML Gear Cream!
I was doing one this October, but found out my asthma medication would get me disqualified, I was told others might view it as an advantage :hmmm::crazy:

I said advantage??? The only advantage is I can BREATHE!!!:geewhiz: :wits:

Yeah, no fair breathing Arch. :laugh:

Good looking routine, Arch. :thumb:

O'Fallon Mo?

That's a yes. If you need any further info, you can always ask the people at the Chesterfield IHOP. They've been known to weep at the sight of Archie after a comp. :laugh:

That's a yes. If you need any further info, you can always ask the people at the Chesterfield IHOP. They've been known to weep at the sight of Archie after a comp. :laugh:

:grin::yes::run::roflmao: You know it Pylon!!!

Todays workout (Legs/Abs)
Going with a Push/Legs/Pull/Legs/Push/Legs/Pull/Legs etc.

Squats (Just above Parallel, partials of sorts???)
405x20
r/p
405x4
r/p
405x1

Leg Extensions
230x5

Immediatly to:

Flex Leg Press
470x7

Toe Presses
290x9

Hypers
40x7

Hi-Incline Situps
BWx7

DONE

Walked on treadmill
10 Minutes
4.5 Incline
4.0 Speed

Critiques and questions are welcome!!!

:eek:

You're getting up into Tom Platz territory. :clapping:

:daydream: I wish!!!

Again, those where only like a 12" range of motion, I am seriously considering seeing how many Full range reps I can get!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback though my Friend, MUCH appreciated!!!

wow...partials or not...WOW!

Thanks Burner!!!

Ok guys, I need some help here...

I want to go with a certain idea here, I want to go with 3 main movements with an auxilliary movement, so only 4 exercises per workout, however here is my dilemma,

I want to do certain movements in this routine,
Ex:

workout 1
Horizontal Push-Upperbody
Horizontal Pull-Upperbody
Squats
Aux(Delts)

workout 2
Vertical Push-Upperbody
Vertical Pull-Upperbody
Leg Press
Aux(Biceps)

workout 3
repeat workout 1
Aux(Triceps)

Is this a sound concept???
Should I mix them up instead of keeping them the same,
ex:
Vertical Pull-Upperbody
Legs
Aux

Am I making sense???

Thinking of something like this:

Workout 1 (Horizontal Upperbody Movements)
Incline Press (BB)
Seated Rows
Squats
Delts

Workout 2 (Vertical Upperbody Movements)
Dips
Rack Deads
Leg Press
Biceps

Workout 3 (combine Horizontal and Vertical)
Incline Press (DB)
Pullups
Squats
Triceps

rinse and repeat....

Does this routine make sense???

No one wants to help me???:p

Heya archi lookin good buddy! I dig the workouts!

As for some help...Ive always been a fan of opposing mvoements if I have to. My workouts are a 2 month cycle and I vary my planes and movements A because I feel it works better for me b/c I can put maximu effort into all my workouts and I'm not fatigued from secondary work and B my shoulder can't handle to much work on one plane. I could never do dips then pulldowns then high rows then deadlifts. Mys houlder would get beat up from all angles instead of back and forth like I do now.

Not sure if it helos just throwing out what i would do for my case! Everyone is different...not sure the science between which is beter but I know what i would do.

Thanks for the input Bolt, this concept is new to me, so I'm throwing it out there!!!

Pretty much sounds like you got the idea. I wouldn't consider a rack deadlift a vertical pull (It's still a lower body movement really), but I don't think it works badly there. You are still getting a lot of stimulation on everything on your upper back. The idea is balance, so I think what you have is fine.

Have you considered using unilateral movements for the low body, like a lunge, instead of one of the other lower body movements?

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks for the input Bolt, this concept is new to me, so I'm throwing it out there!!!
heh...you said 'bolt'...reminds me of the movie, Bolt.
Now I'm gonna see DB post...I'll think: Zoom, zoom...
:roflmao::run:

Pretty much sounds like you got the idea. I wouldn't consider a rack deadlift a vertical pull (It's still a lower body movement really), but I don't think it works badly there. You are still getting a lot of stimulation on everything on your upper back. The idea is balance, so I think what you have is fine.

Have you considered using unilateral movements for the low body, like a lunge, instead of one of the other lower body movements?
I appreciate your input CP, I guess I never really looked at the RD as a lower body movement, I guess cause it fries my upper back/traps area, so I assumed it was an upper body movement, but if its ok, then I'll keep her!!!
Never really tried Lunges, are they a Total leg movement, or more of a quad or ham movement??? Interesting though, I just might have to try that!!!

heh...you said 'bolt'...reminds me of the movie, Bolt.
Now I'm gonna see DB post...I'll think: Zoom, zoom...
:roflmao::run:
Still havn't seen this, I know, whats wrong with me, I have an 8 yr old daughter who has seen it 20 times, LoL!!!

Two thumbs up. That is a good looking routine.
Thanks JD, gonna start that next month, finishing out this month on my current Push/Legs/Pull/Legs etc!!!

I guess I never really looked at the RD as a lower body movement, I guess cause it fries my upper back/traps area, so I assumed it was an upper body movement,

I also think of a rack DL as more upper body, since I feel the lifting from the floor hits the lower body. But if you eliminate the lower part of the lift, it seems to be more of an upper body lift. :mooh: OK, now I'm confused. :confused:

Still havn't seen this, I know, whats wrong with me, I have an 8 yr old daughter who has seen it 20 times, LoL!!!
Its actually one of my favorite animated/CGI movies.

Is this a sound concept???
Should I mix them up instead of keeping them the same,
ex:
Vertical Pull-Upperbody
Legs
Aux

Am I making sense???

Yes.
No.
Yes.

:lol:

My preference would be not to mix, ie, keep horizontal push/pull together and vertical push/pull together.

Lunges hit everything pretty hard. However, it does depend on the type of lunge and the stride length. A longer stride tends to make the movement more hip-dominant. Walking lunges and reverse lunges also tend to be more hip-dominant, while the forward lunge moves along the continuum toward quad-dominance. Like I say though, any variation is great.

I also think of a rack DL as more upper body, since I feel the lifting from the floor hits the lower body. But if you eliminate the lower part of the lift, it seems to be more of an upper body lift. :mooh: OK, now I'm confused. :confused:
LoL!!! Glad I'm not alone!!! :geewhiz:

Its actually one of my favorite animated/CGI movies.
;) Will have to check it out!!!

Yes.
No.
Yes.

:lol:

My preference would be not to mix, ie, keep horizontal push/pull together and vertical push/pull together.
Completely understand, and am gonna use them the right way!!! Makes more sense that way too!!! :ohyeah:

Lunges hit everything pretty hard. However, it does depend on the type of lunge and the stride length. A longer stride tends to make the movement more hip-dominant. Walking lunges and reverse lunges also tend to be more hip-dominant, while the forward lunge moves along the continuum toward quad-dominance. Like I say though, any variation is great.
Got it, thanks again CP, much appreciated!!!

I feel like spewing some words of wisdom. You can analyze all you want...

But imo.... it is far more the lifter doing the split, rather then the split the lifter chooses to do. Does that make sense? In otherwords, working hard is way more important then the actual workout chosen.

And Arch buddy, you do it 112% :)

Right now I dont feel like thinking to give you a hand.....been working on routines all day, kinda spent. I will look tomorrow.

Back