• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Good cut workout??

jbish8

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just wondering if this looks good for a cut. I have a tendancy to overdo it, so I tried to cut down the volume. I also took alot of aspects from Built's BGB. Let me know, and thanks.

MONDAY:
Rack pulls: 5x5/275lb/180 sec. rest
Benchpress: 5x5/210lb/180 sec. rest
Bent over row: 4x8/145lb/90 sec. rest
DB press: 3x8/170/90 sec. rest
Sitting calf raise: 5x5/80lb/120 sec rest
Standing calf raise: 3x8/100lb/60 sec rest

TUESDAY:
Squat: 5x5/230lb/180 sec. rest
Standing military: 5x5/135/180 sec. rest
Leg press: 4x8/450lb/120 sec. rest
Arnold press: 3x8/90/120 sec. rest
Lying ham extension: 4x8/110/120 sec. rest
Bench dips: 4x8/105/90 sec. rest

WEDNESDAY:
3 sets of abs and 10 min HIIT and then 20 min SS after

THURSDAY:
HS Pulldowns: 5x5/220lb/180 sec. rest
HS Incline press: 5x5/260lb/180 sec. rest
Pull ups (wide): 4x8/5lb/120 sec. rest
Incline press: 3x8/170lb/120 sec. rest
Stand calf raise: 5x5/140lb/120 sec. rest
Sit calf raise: 3x8/65lb/90 sec. rest

FRIDAY:
Glute ham raise: 5x5/BW/180 sec. rest
Hanging cleans: 5x5/155lb/180 sec. rest
SLDL: 4x8/200lb/120 sec. rest
Corner press: 3x8/65lb/120 sec. rest
Quad extensions: 4x8/155lb/120 sec. rest
Standing curls: 4x8/70lb/120 sec. rest

SATURDAY:
Same as Wed.

SUNDAY:
Rest

in my opinion that is way too much - maybe if you were on gear and were bulking.

cutting is ALL about the diet. keep your proteins high, fats decently high, and carbs low. check the diet/nutrition stickies for much more information in that area.

as for the routine, when cutting keep the volume low, intensity high. try to lift as heavy as possible for 3-4 or 5 sets (that is currently what I am doing) concentrating mostly on heavy compounds.

in my opinion that is way too much - maybe if you were on gear and were bulking.

cutting is ALL about the diet. keep your proteins high, fats decently high, and carbs low. check the diet/nutrition stickies for much more information in that area.

as for the routine, when cutting keep the volume low, intensity high. try to lift as heavy as possible for 3-4 or 5 sets (that is currently what I am doing) concentrating mostly on heavy compounds.
Thanks for the response. I got the whole diet thing down. This will be my fourth cut, but it's my workout that is always the problem. The volume of this workout is about 1/2 of what I've done previously. I guess I'm not seeing what is different about it from what you recommend, other than I'm doing 6 workouts instead of 5 (2 per day are just accessory work).
I thought I was doing low reps with heavy weight and I think I'm doing mostly compound lifts. Am I missing something here?

Anyone else?

my bad. my mind wasn't really with it when I was looking at it, because yeah you have a good amount of compounds.

just seems as though you are re-doing many of the movements.

I.E. on Thursday you have pulldowns and pullups. chose one, they are basically the same. HS incline, and incline press - again chose either or and stick with it, and same for the calves.

simple, efficient lifting works great. check out P-funks K.I.S.S. training method, he keeps it really simple and to the point. I can't find the article, I am not sure if it is in his blog or not, I forget. if any can find it, could they post the link?

as for the volume, I was talking like 5x5 (which you have) 4x4, 3x5, 5x3, anything like that. 3 or 4 sets of 8 seem high, but that's just me.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of better feedback from some of the people around here.

Scarface is dead on. Keep it short and simple, do just enough heavy lifting to maintain what muscle you have right now and let your diet do the rest.

If thats HALF the volume you usually do, holy christ you need to tighten that up a bit.

Scarface is dead on. Keep it short and simple, do just enough heavy lifting to maintain what muscle you have right now and let your diet do the rest.

If thats HALF the volume you usually do, holy christ you need to tighten that up a bit.
Tightening is exactly what I'm trying to do. That's why it's 1/2 the volume this time as I realized I was doing too much previously. I guess it sounds like I still might be. Maybe I'll cut out the 3-4x8's.

It's not TOO bad, but i still think 25 sets a session is a tad too much. I don't know your recovery ability, but considering you're doing that volume 4x a week on the weights i'm not sure knowing your recovery ability will make much difference, lol.

Coming from somebody who rarely goes over 15 sets session, 25 seems huge to me. How long, roughly, are you in the gym each session?

It's not TOO bad, but i still think 25 sets a session is a tad too much. I don't know your recovery ability, but considering you're doing that volume 4x a week on the weights i'm not sure knowing your recovery ability will make much difference, lol.

Coming from somebody who rarely goes over 15 sets session, 25 seems huge to me. How long, roughly, are you in the gym each session?
60-75 minutes including warm-up. Like I said, I do have a tendancy to overdo it, but I am deloading every 5th week and my rest times are much longer than what I was doing. This workout is a variation of Built's BGB, but I just can't remember if she uses it to cut or bulk. I've been using it to bulk, and have responded very well to it, but I kinda thought it might be too much for a cut.

Yeah, maybe for a bulk when you have a shit-tonne extra calories it would be fine, especially seeing as this sorta volume is what you're used to.

Cutting really is about just maintaining that size, so you can stand to do a bit less and get out of there. I never have a choice my energy levels are usually a tad sucky on a cut :p

IML Gear Cream!
Yeah, maybe for a bulk when you have a shit-tonne extra calories it would be fine, especially seeing as this sorta volume is what you're used to.

Cutting really is about just maintaining that size, so you can stand to do a bit less and get out of there. I never have a choice my energy levels are usually a tad sucky on a cut :p
Yeah this is my first week cutting and I'm easing into it, so my energy levels may not be that hot in a couple weeks either.

Back