• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

need some advice n bulking

drip

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok so its my first bulking cycle for the past year + a half ive been taking in 1500 cal a day and lifting and doing cardio, now im skinny enough to be comfortable and i want to bulk gain muscle[so my cutting cycle will be more efficient] ive got my calories to 2250 within the last 2 months. heres my week

i eat every three hours and take in roughly 50-60g protein with every meal, take 80 g complex carbs b4 a workout and am slowly working my way to 3500 cal then i will eliminate the cheat day. until cutting time

sun-chest,cardio
mon-legs
tues-back
wed-shoulders,traps
thurs-biceps,triceps,forearms,cardio
abs twice a week
fri-off
sat-off,cheat day [poptarts =] ] of course the ones with not trans fats

so for all the experienced bulkers how does this look?
show as much constructive critism as you want it will just help :D

ok like say today woke up 9 took 8carbs 240cal 48g whey shake and at 12:10 had a full carton of cottage cheese 84 g protein 42carbs and 420 cal. at 3pm ill have another whey shake 0f 50g protein 220cal 3carbs at 6pm preworkout meal
at least 80 complex carbs, 50gprotein shake that i took at 3pm again then 7:30 ill have another 50g shake 10 min lifiting take a animal pak. and take my gallon of water [whatevers left] that has 10g glutamine in it drink while lifting. about 9:30 do 20 min cardio i do inervals. come home take whey shake a 50g one + a 24g srving one + about 60g simple carbs an hour later il take a meal contain atleast 20-30 g protein

ok like say today woke up 9 took 8carbs 240cal 48g whey shake and at 12:10 had a full carton of cottage cheese 84 g protein 42carbs and 420 cal. at 3pm ill have another whey shake 0f 50g protein 220cal 3carbs at 6pm preworkout meal
at least 80 complex carbs, 50gprotein shake that i took at 3pm again then 7:30 ill have another 50g shake 10 min lifiting take a animal pak. and take my gallon of water [whatevers left] that has 10g glutamine in it drink while lifting. about 9:30 do 20 min cardio i do inervals. come home take whey shake a 50g one + a 24g srving one + about 60g simple carbs an hour later il take a meal contain atleast 20-30 g protein

Really??? 360+ grams of protein which come from shakes mainly?

Serioulsy drip, I'm not busting your balls here. Please read up on the basics using the stickies in this section!

Really??? 360+ grams of protein which come from shakes mainly?

Serioulsy drip, I'm not busting your balls here. Please read up on the basics using the stickies in this section!
its mainly because im afraid im going to get fat again and you really cant find any protein rich food in my house besides turkey which im out of and milk. and its 272 from shakes

Last edited:
I was in the same boat-until I realized how much I was reading too many magazines. Look, youre not getting any serious advice from the shitzines. Dump them. Listen and read the stickies. Built can give solid advice. Read her stickies and where to start (it's in her sig).

Post your training too. not what you do, but what exercises and how many sets to reps.

I was in the same boat-until I realized how much I was reading too many magazines. Look, youre not getting any serious advice from the shitzines. Dump them. Listen and read the stickies. Built can give solid advice. Read her stickies and where to start (it's in her sig).

Post your training too. not what you do, but what exercises and how many sets to reps.
ok so
sun- bench 5x5 or 5reps of 5 sets
incline 3x8
hammer machine 3x12
dumbell press 3x12
incline db flyes 3x12
cable crossovers 3x12 <- i do two variations one mose
muscular type movmnt and one where my arms are more up

mon-squat 5x5
leg press 3x8
leg extns. 3x10
romanian deadlifts 3x8
leg curls 3x10
standing calf raises 3x20
seated calf raises 3x20

tuesday- deadlifts 5x5
bent over rows or power rows 5x5
lat. pull downs 3x8
seated cable rows 3x8
t-bar-5x8

wed- bbell overhead press 5x5
upright rows 3x8
db lat raises 3x10
bent over db lat raises 3x12
barbell shrugs 5x5
machine shrugs 5x8 to 5x5 depends if i can pull those
last 3 reps

thur-[my fav] close grip bench 5x5
lying tricep ext 3x8
tricep pushdowns 3x10
barbell curls5x5
eazy curlbarl 5x5
seated incline db curls3x8
preacher curls 3x10
barbell wrist curls5x5
db wrist

abs twice a week - weighted crunches 3x12-15
scizzor kicks 3x20
hanging leg raises to failure then add
weight and pull out 2-3 more reps
reverse crunches with weight
cardio 2-3 times a week ussually 2 times i walk a min. then run 4 walk for 1 min run 10 walk for 2 run 3 walk for 1 run 4. them 10 min walk and sprint 1min walk 1 min for 10 min.

ok so
sun- bench 5x5 or 5reps of 5 sets
incline 3x8
hammer machine 3x12
dumbell press 3x12
incline db flyes 3x12
cable crossovers 3x12 <- i do two variations one mose
muscular type movmnt and one where my arms are more up

mon-squat 5x5
leg press 3x8
leg extns. 3x10
romanian deadlifts 3x8
leg curls 3x10
standing calf raises 3x20
seated calf raises 3x20

tuesday- deadlifts 5x5
bent over rows or power rows 5x5
lat. pull downs 3x8
seated cable rows 3x8
t-bar-5x8

wed- bbell overhead press 5x5
upright rows 3x8
db lat raises 3x10
bent over db lat raises 3x12
barbell shrugs 5x5
machine shrugs 5x8 to 5x5 depends if i can pull those
last 3 reps

thur-[my fav] close grip bench 5x5
lying tricep ext 3x8
tricep pushdowns 3x10
barbell curls5x5
eazy curlbarl 5x5
seated incline db curls3x8
preacher curls 3x10
barbell wrist curls5x5
db wrist

abs twice a week - weighted crunches 3x12-15
scizzor kicks 3x20
hanging leg raises to failure then add
weight and pull out 2-3 more reps
reverse crunches with weight
cardio 2-3 times a week ussually 2 times i walk a min. then run 4 walk for 1 min run 10 walk for 2 run 3 walk for 1 run 4. them 10 min walk and sprint 1min walk 1 min for 10 min.

You have a shit ton of volume there. Specifically on chest day. Also, way to much iso work for my liking. You should look into a push, pull, leg split or full body IMO.

take a look at Baby got Back routine. It's quite possibly the best routine I've ever used. It emulates some of what youre doing now.

Your diet sucks honestly. Start tracking in fitday.com. Come back and give me grams of carbs, protien and fats.

take a look at Baby got Back routine. It's quite possibly the best routine I've ever used. It emulates some of what youre doing now.

Your diet sucks honestly. Start tracking in fitday.com. Come back and give me grams of carbs, protien and fats.
protein is 2xmy body weight

carbs i dont really have a standard just take in complex carbs throughout the day and simplecarbs with my shake after lifting but its always about 150g

fats-i havnt ever tracked them. i know i should be lol

IML Gear Cream!
You have a shit ton of volume there. Specifically on chest day. Also, way to much iso work for my liking. You should look into a push, pull, leg split or full body IMO.
what do you mean by push. pull leg split

protein is 2xmy body weight

carbs i dont really have a standard just take in complex carbs throughout the day and simplecarbs with my shake after lifting but its always about 150g

fats-i havnt ever tracked them. i know i should be lol

More than 1 gram of protein per lb of LBM is overkill. Save some money on your whey consumption.

Get a fitday account and use it. It will become your best friend.

what do you mean by push. pull leg split

Take a look in the training section. There are many variations but basically start training movements not body parts.

Gaz and Built have some great training protocols in the training section. Check it out!

Most I ever went on a bulk was 1.2g x bodyweight. I gained a shitload of weight that way-my fats were at almost 200g a day.

well maybe im, anticipating too much but i wanna get bigger faster, i dont think im big. and 1.5 g a day didnt do mch for me. and is what role does fat play in building muscle because i might be deficient in that.

if you're thinking it (about fats), you probably are...as for what role it plays-google it. you'll find a wealth of information. This is a place of learning. I didnt ask every simple question without trying to figure it out on my own first. I didnt want to look like a dick or newb.

actually drip-there might be a small problem with your math. Try again. If you dont like the way it comes out, I can formulate a plan for you. What's your bodyfat level? And are you doing fitday as prescribed?

actually drip-there might be a small problem with your math. Try again. If you dont like the way it comes out, I can formulate a plan for you. What's your bodyfat level? And are you doing fitday as prescribed?
yes i just started the fitday today, just adding my protein shake right now actually =]. for bodyfat the weight machine told me it was 13% but im not so sure about that, even though my trainer agreed to?

IML Gear Cream!
wait-you have a trainer? How can you be asking for advice if your trainer (whom you're paying money for, I assume) isnt giving you what you want. I'd fire his ass and get what you need here. I'd also go down to 10% bodyfat and then start bulking. But that's my own two cents.

I'm thinking of a ud2 if you're up for it.
the trainer is a once a month things at golds, lol but yea thts wasup i wana cut down more, but i started thinking, man i look weak.

whats a ud2 and if it works hell yea im up for it! haha

google it and find a FAQ on it. I can help you set it up. I'd defintely recommend buying the book, since it is pretty detailed and the author does like to take credit for his work. Lyle McDonald is a smart bastid.

if you're thinking it (about fats), you probably are...as for what role it plays-google it. you'll find a wealth of information. This is a place of learning. I didnt ask every simple question without trying to figure it out on my own first. I didnt want to look like a dick or newb.

Just comes naturally then does it? You sir left yourself wide open for that.

To the OP: fire the trainer. Spend the money on food. Also make up your mind on cutting on bulking and stick to it for a little while :)

yea, im going to get the ud2 thing most deff, and for danzik yea im gonna cut more like up to the single digits; like juggernaut said i need to then im going to bulk.

drip, I'd be mor than happy to help you setup the diet. I've done it and have helped several others. PM me for assistance after reading the book. It's a good book well worth the money and the time.

drip, I'd be mor than happy to help you setup the diet. I've done it and have helped several others. PM me for assistance after reading the book. It's a good book well worth the money and the time.
yep, will do although im only on page 22 right now

Back