• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

LAZY, FAT and DEAD!

mr.universe

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Lazy, Fat and DEAD!

So most of you that read this are probably fairly fit and healthy but some of you read the title of this thread and it struck a nerve. Even the fit people reading this struggle with motivation from time to time and let themselves go every now and then, I know I???ve done it. I???ve been working out since I was about thirteen years old and today I???m thirty eight. Now you really young guys, full of piss and vinegar are probably saying ???I???ll never stop working out!??? and more power to you little brother. I???m writing this to motivate you my friends for a lifetime of health and fitness so that your bodybuilding career isn???t just a flash in the pan. It???s ok to be really motivated now and work out twice a day 5-6 days a week, eating right and NEVER cheating, putting your nose up in the air when your buddy uses regular mayo on his ham and cheese. However like most normal people things are going to happen and you???re going to get distracted or stressed out and your limitless motivation will fizzle out once in a while.

So in the twenty six years I???ve been training ranging between 160 and 215 pounds on average, depending on how I was training and what I was on. When I turned thirty or so I started to develop blood pressure issues and found keeping my body fat under control more and more difficult. Of course my doctor put me on meds for the BP and told me to work out??? Ok. I figured I needed to train more so I did but then I just got heavier and my BP issues were magnified. For years I was taking meds and thought I was doing everything I was supposed to and nothing changed. Well in the past few years my life has changed dramatically and going to the gym hasn???t really been an option. I haven???t had the room for my home gym equipment so I sold it. Since 2007 the only training equipment I???ve had is two pairs of dumbbells (25lb, 40lb) and a pull-up bar. I figured I would lose all my muscle mass and get fat beyond all recognition without an elliptical machine, trusty treadmill or stationary bike and the usual super heavy training sessions.

What happened over the past few years is absolutely amazing, I???m totally off of BP meds and in the best shape of my life with more energy than ever. The workouts aren???t anything special and I haven???t been using gear or any miracle product. There are two things that helped me more than anything I???ve ever tried. Consistency and volume, the combination is essential in maintaining a level of strength, endurance and/or mass. There is an essential amount of work that must be done. For me it???s the magic number 300, if I do 300 movements a day 4-5 days per week I can maintain a weight of about 175lbs with a fairly low percentage of body fat. That???s eating about 2500 fairly clean calories a day. I can do any variety of exercises which for me are typically Push-Ups, Pull-Ups, Combo Crunch-Tuck Hip Raise and a plethora of dumbbell raises, curls and squats. I keep a trim waist and a decent amount of mass, when I want to build a little or when I'm feeling ambitious I'll do 300 of each exercise for a total of about 1500 movements which takes about an hour, my regular workout takes about 20 minutes.

So what's the point to all this? The point is that no matter what happens in life and lots of things are going to happen, we should always be doing some kind of workout with some kind of consistency. All training is good and just because you're not pounding weights in a gym it doesn't mean you're not doing something worth your time. For me my body weight plays a huge part in controlling my blood pressure so maintaining a lighter more athletic physique is key, I'll probably do a couple more mass building gym routines in my life with gear most likely. My regular workouts won't involve the gym though and that's just what works best for me at my age of almost 40, level of training experience and genetic predispositions. The most important thing to remember is that training of any kind with intensity and volume has anabolic, cardiovascular and caloric burning benefits. Even if you do a little something, a little something is better than nothing. A University Alberta study published in Lancet Oncology may prove that lean muscle mass may be key in battling cancer and exercise of any kind helps stimulate testosterone production and we all know testosterone drives men and makes us ambitious. If you want to enjoy all the natural happy drugs the human brain can produce exercise! When we work out life is good...

This is just me on my soap box with some words of encouragement to anyone who can use them and at times we can all use them. I have been around these boards for a long time and can relate to all of my BROTHERS IN IRON, the ones on top and the ones who have fallen and are trying to get back up. Keep on training, keep on living and stay strong... These are tough times for all of us, money is tight, jobs are scarce and the man is all over us for ridiculous nonsense. Thanks again for having me on the board as a sponsor I appreciate your support!

Remember... If you're LAZY you will get FAT and then one day you will be DEAD.

Remember... If you're LAZY you will get FAT and then one day you will be DEAD.

But never forget that if you are ACTIVE you will get RIPPED and then one day you too will die.

Never forget to smell the flowers and enjoy life as you are doing this.

Best of luck to you all ;)

Back