• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

energy drinks

jehoverall

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I usually drink a 16 oz energy drink before my 3 day a week workouts. Aside from rotting the sh*t out of my teeth, is there any downside to doing this? I read in a bb'ing rag that drinking high glycemic index carbs during a workout can blunt GH response. Is this true?

It is.

It also won't matter a bit.

I drink a good amount of them. Sure they are all sugar free, but I am not hurting in the strength department.

My biggest issue with most energy drinks is the expense. Most of them are simply caffeine with a few b vitamins and some nonsense ingredients. You'd come out cheaper just having a cup of coffee or taking a caffeine pill. Even 5 hour energy, which I use every once in a while, is just caffeine and a massive dose of b-12.

the expense really pisses me off. the most i paid for an energy drink last year was 1.99. but now the going rate is like 2.60. i feel like the money is well spent though cause i love the taste and i never drink them except at the gym (gives me something to look forward to). i guess i associate the taste with working out and it helps me get 'in the zone' haha

Back