• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lower Back Pain Question

Stewart14

Weapon of Choice
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
OK, naturally the best answer is going to be, "get it checked out by a doctor"...I get that, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice and or experiences with back pain that seems to be really bad when I am in a sitting position, yet feels like nothing is wrong when I am standing.

IF I am sitting in an upright position, like in a chair or on a couch, it can get pretty bad, it's nothing sharp, it just feels like intense tightness and discomfort and it almost feels like it locks up when I go to stand up. Yet, once I am standing, it almost all goes away. Heck, I am able to squat without pain, yet it hurts to sit down.

anyone have any ideas about what this could be? a little history is that this all started after I was a little overzealous working out one week in which I did high rep squatting 3 days in the week, and topped it off with a grueling high rep set of heavy trap bar deadlifts. This has been going on ever since then. I felt no pops, no sudden sharp pains or anything like that.

obviously no one could diagnose this over the internet, however I can tell you that is exactly how it was when I herniated my S1/L5 disc, I did not even realize there was a problem, I continued to lift heavy including squats, but when I was sitting I had this pain and discomfort, if I stood and walked around, no pain, only while sitting.

obviously no one could diagnose this over the internet, however I can tell you that is exactly how it was when I herniated my S1/L5 disc, I did not even realize there was a problem, I continued to lift heavy including squats, but when I was sitting I had this pain and discomfort, if I stood and walked around, no pain, only while sitting.

Lovely, sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. Did you go through PT or did you have surgery to correct this, and what is your long term prognosis, ie, have you been able to do things like squats and/or deads again?

Lovely, sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. Did you go through PT or did you have surgery to correct this, and what is your long term prognosis, ie, have you been able to do things like squats and/or deads again?

unfortunately I continued training heavy until I had to go see a doctor who had me get an MRI, which revealed the herniation. I did not have surgery, instead a few epidural shots which helped the pain tremendously. I then went through 3 months of therapy using a DRX9000.

Back