• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Building a homemade Prowler sled

IML Gear Cream!
It's holding up for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it falls apart at any moment.

No manufacturing experience for me --- I just slapped it together.

Just call it version 1:)

i m new to the site and want to see the prowler pics

Hi, not an engineer but I would think the wood would be better against concrete; what ever comes off due to friction would wash away in the rain. Plastic on the bottom might/would melt off, stink or be toxic and might take longer to wash away. I'm thinking of trying both anyway.
I have kindorf (the stuff you attach light fixtures to) lying around, I'll use that for something to push/handles.

Hi, not an engineer but I would think the wood would be better against concrete; what ever comes off due to friction would wash away in the rain. Plastic on the bottom might/would melt off, stink or be toxic and might take longer to wash away. I'm thinking of trying both anyway.
I have kindorf (the stuff you attach light fixtures to) lying around, I'll use that for something to push/handles.

I built one using cutting board material, it doesn't appear to scrape off excessively.

easy, cheap prowler

hey guys, i saw all of your ideas and went out and bought everything and built my prowler in about an hour and a half with my dad. total costs were a little over 40$ and works great! ill be posting a video on youtube so everyone can take a look:ohyeah:

the video is on my youtube channel, njstrongman32... check it out! i think it will really help anyone trying to make a very versatile and cheap prowler:jerkit:

Homemade Prowler

I've been wanting one of these bad boys for a while. I might have gone with the asking price ($350 or so) but the added $175 for shipping did me in. Decided to try to build my own. I am real lucky because I have a buddy that is a design engineer and also has access to some really good welders. I never could find any real good specs on the original prowler so we just guessed and also added a couple of extras just to be different. Of course I could paint it myself for cheap but will probably have it powder coated just because. I've got about $100 of materials and PC will be around $150, still way less than $525 or so for the original. I believe the original Prowler weighs in at around 75 lbs and our weighs just over 100 lbs. I wanted it to be beefy but that is stout. Half the fun was doing it ourselves but it does take longer and has some extra hassle involved. Anyway I am about to get my son who is going into his senior year of football introduced to the "Homemade" Prowler Flu :whip: ... lol!!!
I will try to include some pics and maybe some more after it gets painted.

IML Gear Cream!
I've been wanting one of these bad boys for a while. I might have gone with the asking price ($350 or so) but the added $175 for shipping did me in. Decided to try to build my own. I am real lucky because I have a buddy that is a design engineer and also has access to some really good welders. I never could find any real good specs on the original prowler so we just guessed and also added a couple of extras just to be different. Of course I could paint it myself for cheap but will probably have it powder coated just because. I've got about $100 of materials and PC will be around $150, still way less than $525 or so for the original. I believe the original Prowler weighs in at around 75 lbs and our weighs just over 100 lbs. I wanted it to be beefy but that is stout. Half the fun was doing it ourselves but it does take longer and has some extra hassle involved. Anyway I am about to get my son who is going into his senior year of football introduced to the "Homemade" Prowler Flu :whip: ... lol!!!
I will try to include some pics and maybe some more after it gets painted.

Looks awesome. Now have fun puking after you use it:thumb:

Looks awesome. Now have fun puking after you use it:thumb:

Not me Bro, it's for my son and a few of his brave/crazy friends on the team. We've also got a 410 lb tire he can flip between sets of Prowler pushes. That should give em something to do this summer along with the normal weight training, speed/agility conditioning and 7 on 7 ... :lifter:

Now he just needs some of these:
chaindrag_d1.JPG

Gosh dang that sucker is huge!! Looks like you better have it where you want it because it ain't going far. I could hear my wife telling me to get it out of the driveway and put up ... lol

Here are some pics of the finished homemade Prowler. It cost extra but I am really happy with the way the powder coating turned out.

prowler construction suggestions

I'm new to the site and only found your prowler threads while searching for my own way to own a prowler. May I suggest that you visit a local metal shop where they might have some galvanized steel scraps. If you go with your sled runner dimensions, they might cut a piece of scrap to size and place drill holes where you need them. Not too expensive an investment when you consider having to constantly replacing cutting boards and Trex decking that will shred. Some flat head bolts may be a possibility as well. I started pushing a prowler at age 57 as cardio-prehab. Lost 75#s so far and am one of very few women in my gym that will go near a prowler. A love/hate relationship fer sure!

Thermulus... I tried to PM you but it wont let me due to to low of posts. Im going to build a prowler and yours is one of the best I've seen. Do you happen to have any plans/ blueprints you used that you could give me or the dimesions? any suggestions or changes you wish you had made?

Thanks

made my prowler the other day....love it!! $80 in material and 3 hours labour and shes all done. Weight is a little on the light side at around 50lbs but that shouldnt be an issue once it gets weighted

This forum convinced me to make my own. I had all the wood, just had to go out and buy all the piping. Probably gonna put some cutting board on the bottom to help protect it, so far so good though

Excellent exercise. This will wear you out! Burn Calories and increase your strenght!

My Home Made Sled

Here is my version of the power sled... My boy (High School Football) said I need to give it a name and sell them, so it is called "THE BOSS" in fact I'm having decals made for it now.
Anyway I decided to redesign the ones I've seen, (it's the Mechanical Engineer in me, cant leave thing alone, always room for improvement).
I have added a third upright so MORE weight can be added and distributed to front skid, also added handles to lift into pickup.
The thing is awesome, everyone that pushes it gets their A** kicked by it and comes back for more.

Here are a few pics of it.

prowler ftw!

Here is my version of the power sled... My boy (High School Football) said I need to give it a name and sell them, so it is called "THE BOSS" in fact I'm having decals made for it now.
Anyway I decided to redesign the ones I've seen, (it's the Mechanical Engineer in me, cant leave thing alone, always room for improvement).
I have added a third upright so MORE weight can be added and distributed to front skid, also added handles to lift into pickup.
The thing is awesome, everyone that pushes it gets their A** kicked by it and comes back for more.

Here are a few pics of it.

Hey, I'm new to the forum, but am looking to have a local steel welder/fabricator make a prowler for me. Are you willing to show any schematics/shop drawings with dimensions, steel gauging, etc., that I could provide to him so he could build it?

Thanks a lot...your design is badass.

Back