• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Phillies Vs. Yankee thread.

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
'Desperate' Phillies fan arrested for offering sex in exchange for World Series tickets

By Carrie Melago
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Tuesday, October 27th 2009, 3:23 PM
alg_mugshot_susan_finkelstein.jpg
Bensalem Police Dept
Phillies fan Susan Finkelstein was arrested for allegedly offering sex in exchange for World Series tickets.

She wanted to get World Series tickets in the worst way.
A "desperate" Philadelphia Phillies fan was arrested for offering to exchange sex for tickets to see her beloved team play the Yankees, investigators said.
Susan Finkelstein, 43, allegedly posted a pleading ad on Craigslist saying she needed two tickets to baseball's biggest game.
"DESPERATE BLONDE NEEDS WS TIX!" the ad was headlined, according to WPVI TV.
"Diehard Phillies fan -- gorgeous tall buxom blonde -- in desperate need of two World Series Tickets," she allegedly wrote.
Describing the price as "negotiable," she ended the ad flirtatiously: "I'm the creative type! Maybe we can help each other!"
Investigators stumbled on the ad, and an undercover officer set up a meeting, during which Finkelstein offered to perform sex acts for seats to the game.
"She was willing to do anything, she said," Bucks County public safety director Fred Harran told KYW Newsradio. "And she told the officers that she would engage in sexual activity with two individuals for two tickets."
Finkelstein is charged with prostitution and related offenses.

On to serious business.

Phillies-Yankees matchup: Starters | MLB.com: News

Phillies-Yankees matchup: Starters

Phillies
Cole Hamels, LHP (10-11, 4.32 ERA)
Cliff Lee, LHP (14-13, 3.22 ERA)
Pedro Martinez, RHP (5-1, 3.63 ERA)
J.A. Happ, LHP (12-4, 2.93 ERA)
Joe Blanton, RHP (12-8, 4.05 ERA)

Isn't this the reason the Phillies traded for Lee? To get them back to the World Series and into a position to win a second consecutive title?
So far, the postseason has gone swimmingly for the Phillies, due in large part to how well Lee has pitched. He's 2-0 with a 0.74 ERA in three playoff starts and has allowed only 14 hits in 24 1/3 innings.
In short, he's been dominant. And in a seven-game series, he conceivably could get three starts.
For what it's worth, Lee was 4-4 with a 5.02 ERA in nine career starts against the Yankees while with the Indians.

Hamels hasn't looked much like the pitcher who carried the Phillies through the playoffs in 2008. Through three postseason starts in '09, the lefty has a 6.75 ERA.
The combination of two left-handed starters in Lee and Hamels could pose some tough matchups for a Yankees team that includes left-handed-hitting Johnny Damon, Robinson Cano and Hideki Matsui and the many switch-hitters in the lineup.
Then there's veteran right-hander Martinez, who was stunning in a start against the Dodgers in the NLCS, tossing seven scoreless innings in a no-decision, proving that even though he hadn't pitched much recently, he's still plenty sharp.
Beyond, Lee, Hamels and Martinez, manager Charlie Manuel can turn to righty Joe Blanton (4.66 ERA in the postseason, including one start) and rookie J.A. Happ, who, like Blanton, has struggled in the postseason.
All in all, this is a group of strike throwers who won't pile up a lot of strikeouts. These guys pitch to contact and benefit when their defense is playing well behind them. That's going to be of the utmost importance against a dangerous Yankees lineup.

Phillies-Yankees matchup: Starters | MLB.com: News

Yankees
CC Sabathia, LHP (19-8, 3.37 ERA)
A.J. Burnett, RHP (13-9, 4.04 ERA)
Andy Pettitte, LHP (14-8, 4.16 ERA)
Chad Gaudin, RHP (2-0, 3.43 ERA)
Joba Chamberlain, RHP (9-6, 4.75 ERA)
What's not to like about what Sabathia has done in these playoffs? He's 3-0 with a 1.l9 ERA and pitched the Yankees to a Game 4 victory over the Angels in the American League Championship Series with a gem, allowing one run in eight innings.
You've got to wonder how many Lee-Sabathia matchups there could be in this series.
Sabathia has been a rock for the Yankees all season and certainly a nice return on a heavy financial investment (seven years, $161 million). This is what they're paying him for, the kind of starts he's had in the postseason.

Another free agent, Burnett, has pitched well in the postseason, though he's found it hard to get a victory. Burnett, who inked a five-year contract worth $82.5 million this past offseason, hasn't looked like someone making his first go in the playoffs in a career that has spanned 11 seasons.
Burnett allowed two runs over 6 1/3 innings in a no-decision in an ALCS game against the Angels that the Yankees won in extra innings. He's got a power arm, and that could be a handful for the Phillies' hitters.
No stranger to the postseason stage, Pettitte is tied with John Smoltz for the most career playoff wins with 15, and he is atop the record book for most innings pitched and starts.
The left-handed Pettitte could neutralize the running game the Phillies love with their jackrabbits, Jimmy Rollins and Shane Victorino. Not to be overlooked are Sabathia's slide step and Burnett's improved pickoff move to first base.
Chances are New York manager Joe Girardi will lean heavily on the trio of Sabathia, Burnett and Pettitte during the World Series, even if it means going with one of them on short rest, instead of turning to Gaudin or Chamberlain for a start.

:ipoke:

I'll be surprised if Pedro makes it to the 5th inning tonight. AJ Burnett is certainly no prize though. I feel a five hour slugfest coming on...

Dude, that A-Rod pic is just wrong...

The need more pitchers like Lee and Halladay in the MLB.... get out there and do there job and do it quickly and efficiently. It was nice to see the game end just after 11.... although it was over long before that :p

IML Gear Cream!
LOL @ NYY fans still chanting "Who's your daddy."

Hey retards, the last time you faced him in the playoffs, you suffered the greatest choke in sports history. So STFU. Retards.

Hey retards, the last time you faced him in the playoffs, you suffered the greatest choke in sports history. So STFU. Retards.
He actually brought it up during an interview, which was an odd interview.

In his prime, he was the most exciting player I have ever seen, period. He's the only baseball player that I ever went out of my way to watch on TV.

No doubt he's quite odd though.

It's fuuny, one year (I think it was 2002) I went to four Sox games and Pedro pitched all of them. One game was on Easter and it was cold as hell.

Makes as much sense as saying the Yankees suck when in fact they are one of the most successful franchises ever.

I moved my IPA to the secondary fermenter today and threw in one ounce of Cascade leaf hops for dry hopping. I've actually given some of my homebrew to Yankee fan friends of mine. Those homos.

IMG_4979.jpg

Pedro and AJ both pitched great games.

All 4 starters have pitched very good games, although some have pitched better than others. It is only the Yankee bullpen that has sucked so far.

All 4 starters have pitched very good games, although some have pitched better than others. It is only the Yankee bullpen that has sucked so far.
Amazing....it's Mario to the resque as usual.

I really thought Hughes and company would do the job. Who woould have thought Damarso would do a decent job.

I moved my IPA to the secondary fermenter today and threw in one ounce of Cascade leaf hops for dry hopping. I've actually given some of my homebrew to Yankee fan friends of mine. Those homos.

Can you send me some of that brew? Looks good. Love IPA's.

Who is going to be the WS MVP?

Candidates are (listed in order, IMHO):

Jeter, batting over .400, and seemingly starting rallies everytime he reaches base. A couple of more hits in a victory tonight and it could be his.

Rivera if he gets the save in tonight's game. That'll give him 3 saves plus finishing up the other victory.

Burnett, but only if he is the winning pitcher in tonight's game and pitches a great game.

Posada, batting over .300 with 5 RBIs. If he sits for most of tonight's game, he won't win it.

I would have to go with Rivera, when everyone else fails he's almost always a sure bet.
Jeter has had a good series hitting in games where everyone else didn't....but why would he bunt on 2 strikes?

Now if A-Rod hits 2 homers and a walkoff....

Talk about counting the chickens before they hatch.

Back