• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lactose free Skim Milk, or Soy Milk?

Lactose Free Milk is NOT Sugar-Free

They just changed the lactOse into lactAse. It was developed for lactose intolerant people.

Soy milk is ok in small amounts. Too much soy can cause problems (raises estrogen levels and other stuff)

A cup of soy milk per day would be alright

...and....soy milk is not w/o sugar either! You can get unflavoured/unsweetened soy milk...but it tastes even more disgusting than regular soy milk, lol.

oooops thanks w8,

forgot to mention that you should get the unsweetened soy milk which has 0.1g carbs per 100ml

and it tastes like water mixed with chalk

"Lactose-Free" milk is very decieving. The enzyme lactase is added which pre-digests the sugar lactose and breaks it down into the simple sugars glucose and galactose so it contains the same amount of sugars....

Well, my problem is I never drink milk, always upsets my stomach for the rest of the day, I thought it was lactose, so I got lactose free, same thing, recently I thought I'd try soy, and after a week, I started getting the gurgly stomache again.. so... I guess I'm going to end up giving it up again all together..

There's actually no need for you to consume milk anyway....why do you want to drink it?

well, I always thought that cereal was a pretty healthy way to go for breakfast, usually would have total, or grapenuts or something. Just a change from oatmeal.

If you don't drink milk should you take calcium supplements I suppose??

Most (read damn near all) breakfast cereals are poor choices for carbs! Taking a cal/mag supp would be okay.

W8lifter,

What do you think of TOTAL cereal, I used to buy it for the vitamins, now I take DV packets anyway, but I still like it, and I thought it was kinda healthy? I'll probably be cutting it out anyway because of the milk thing, but I'm just curious if you think it's a bad choice as well? it has 23 carbs per serving, 5 from sugar.?

IML Gear Cream!
I think all breakfast cereals suck. The only one that is remotely good is Fibre One...and that is only because of the zero sugar and the high fibre...however, it is made w/ aspartame and still a processed carb...so it sucks too.

I hear Boo Berry offers beneficial mood swings.

Cereal stuff

I also think that this cereal stuff is all crap...they are only used to make you want more for the taste and sugar...oatmeal is the one and only real breakfast, and if you can't eat it with water make an omelette: 12 egg whites, one and a half cup of oatmeal plus rasins cinnamon and stevia(natural sweetner) - have it all blended and cook...it is awesome!!!

what is wrong? dear friend, lactose = sugar, doesn't matter if it is free from lactose or fat, it will always be sugar....anyway, you can use after workouts if you want

Lactase is an enzyme, it's not a sugar. Lactose is a disaccharide sugar, which we all know. It varies, but Lactose-free milk usually still has a high sugar content. Same goes for Soy Milk.

I don't drink a lot of milk because I'm lactose intolerant, and diabetes runs in my family. I'm not diabetic, yet, but I do have a 50/50 chance of developing the problem. I try to stay away from simple sugars most of the time (except for post-workout and a few other occasions). So this also means I don't really eat cereal.

I make sure to take a Calcium supplement. I take about 1.5g to 2.0g a day. It's there to compensate for my lack of high-calcium whole foods in my diet (ie: Milk), and to ensure good lifting sessions (since Calcium is vital to muscle contraction). I should probably also take Magnesium & Potassium supplements (or eat whole foods that are high in them), but I haven't yet :)

So it's a good idea to use Skim milk in my protein shake PWO? I usually use water to cut out the 12g sugar.

No its not a good idea!! Especially if your cutting. If you are maintaining then It won't hurt every now & then for flavor---but I wouldn't.

Back