• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Want to start incorporating cardio back into my program

mike456

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Since I started lifting 2 months ago I have not been doing any cardio. I am eating a lot, taking creatine, and therefore I have been putting on muscle and fat. I want to begin doing cardio again. I am in very bad shape cardiovascularly.

I would like to know what type of cardio I should do:
how long, and when (after or before workouts/ time of day/ on or off days)
and what type of cardio would be best to save my joints being that I am quite heavy. I am about 6foot3inches, 222-230lbs.

My goals are to lose fat, and make my cardiovascular system stronger, while retaining as much muscle and strength as possible.
I am starting to cut tomorrow. I have my diet down, just need advice on cardio. Also should I drop the creatine while I am cutting?

Don't drop the creatine. It will help you maintain your strength levels.

As for cardio, I wouldn't do it for fat loss. If you want the better cardiovascular health, go for it. Do what you enjoy for a bit after your workout whether it's biking, rowing, whatever (I'm partial to rowing). I also like to toss 5-6 minutes in before I lift to bring my core temp up a bit before I even stretch, especially in the winter when it's freezing out.

I don't know your current condition but if I recall correctly, HIIT cardio has shown to have a greater effect on VO2 max compared to SS cardio. It really depends on the kind of adaptation you're looking for.

yea rowing sounds like a good idea. I definitely want better cardiovascular health, and also I want to do cardio to speed up the process of losing fat.
Should I do the cardio before I get my PWO nutrition for about 20-30 minutes? I don't think I am ready for HIIT just yet.

so if I don't care about cardiovascular system i shouldn't do cardio? I might weight till I lose weight, then it will be easier on my joints to run, and it will be warmer so I can run outside

You can always do a little walking, that's never a bad thing after a workout. But running is a shitty way to try to lose weight - as you've noted, it's very hard on your joints. Don't run to get in shape - rather, get in shape, get lean, THEN run.

You don't have to do high-impact cardio if you want to improve cardiovascular health. Something like swimming or biking can get you in good cardiovascular shape.

So can lifting and dropping some bodyfat. :)

It's all about the goal. If you want to improve your endurance base, do endurance activity. If you want to get lean, lift heavy and eat less.

So can lifting and dropping some bodyfat. :)

It's all about the goal. If you want to improve your endurance base, do endurance activity. If you want to get lean, lift heavy and eat less.

Alright sounds good, I was dreading all the cardio I thought I was going to have to do. But eating healthy, and lifting are things I enjoy.

Not just eating healthy, but eating LESS of it, okay? It is possible to become obese eating "clean". Trust me, I've done it.

<shakes tiny fist in rage>

Back