• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Exercise variations.

maltesecorsair

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi everyone:hiya:
I have got a newbie question to ask, if I may. I've seen people saying you need to vary your workout routine to keep the muscles growing or otherwise the body will catch up and you dont get any more results. I wonder whether the addition of weights on the dumbbell/barbell is a good enough incentive for the muscles to grow or do I need to change the whole exercise routine and put in new exercises? (I am doing a full body routine now,with just five total exercises).

Neither - and both. LOL!

You'll need to periodize your training but you'd be amazed at how small of a change can help - something as simple as changing your workout order, your rest intervals or your rep range can do. You can do one workout in straight sets and the next in antagonist pairs. Or vary between unilateral and bilateral work.

No need to completely rebuild every six weeks. Look for p-funk's posts, I believe he wrote something good about this here or perhaps it was on his blog? Also look up Gazhole and cowpimp too - they've both written on periodization here.

Ty for the kind reply sir. I saw Cowpimp's essay on periodization in the stickies (butnot the others, I am trying to sift through the load of results I get upon using the search function.)

If you're just starting out, just keep doing what you're doing until you start to hit a plateau. Meanwhile, keep reading. Lots of good information on here.

I am starting out sir, I did start doing workouts sometime back but somehow I didn't keep at it, got sort of discouraged cos of not making any appreciable increase in muscles/strength and I gave it up.(I know, I should have stuck with it *sigh*). So here I am trying to have another go at working out to hopefully lose some weight, I just hope I can keep at it without getting discouraged.

I am starting out sir, I did start doing workouts sometime back but somehow I didn't keep at it, got sort of discouraged cos of not making any appreciable increase in muscles/strength and I gave it up.(I know, I should have stuck with it *sigh*). So here I am trying to have another go at working out to hopefully lose some weight, I just hope I can keep at it without getting discouraged.

oh come on... I'm sorry but built may have not noticed it but it's MAM not SIR... Built is the AWESOMEST WOMAN not the AWESOMEST MAN :D

LOL don't worry about it, it happens all the time.

Now, enough talk. We are not here to talk; we are here to PUMP YOU UP!!!

-With apologies to "Hans and Franz"

LOL don't worry about it, it happens all the time.

Now, enough talk. We are not here to talk; we are here to PUMP YOU UP!!!

-With apologies to "Hans and Franz"

Hanz and Franz second only to "WILD AND CRAZY"

Umm how do you people realize that you have hit a plateau? By measuring yourself every couple of months?

Depends on your goal. Basically, a plateau is when you stop moving towards that goal.

If your goal is strength, its when you stop getting stronger - i.e. you have a few sessions where you should have been able to increase the weight, but you couldnt.

If your goal is mass gains, a plateau is when you stop putting on weight, or the weight you do put on starts to become largely fat.

Etc etc.

If your program is tailored towards reaching your goal, you will know if you aren't reaching it because you won't improve. Change is a gradual thing throughout the length of a program, not a sudden shift once your program has ended. This is why having a well periodized program, and making comprehensive notes on progress is absolutely key.

Thank you for the reply,sir. I guess I need to have a goal set up which I currently dont actually have. (I do have a vague idea that I want to lose fat but thats about it).I do write down the weights I use and the number of reps I can do with those weights and thankfully I am able to increase the weight or the number of reps every week or so. How do I find out how much of my weight is fat? (I am fat and I do need to reduce it- the way I workout, I must be losing some fat as my total bodyweight has started to decrease but I have no clue as to how much % of fat I have).

Ty for the link sir. ummm it requires me to put in the bodyfat percentage which I dont know :(. (To be honest I think I am all fat). Thank youfor the link to that article too. I am d/l it :). Tyvm for your (and others') patience with my nutty noob questions.

Back