• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Health Benefits. What do you pay?

Doublebase

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My company recently changed our contributions towards health benefits. When I started there 5 years ago they were fully paid for by the company. Every year it would cost more for my company. By the third year we had to contribute. Last year it was about 50$/month for me, my wife and my son. They just informed us today that it is going up to 404$/month for the lowest plan. An HMO. Where you have to get referrels for everything. This really sucks. I'm living off one income right now. Fortunately my wife goes back to work and April and she has pretty good benefits. About 136$/month for family. Thats personal choice also. A single at my company is free BTW. What you guys paying?

I'm single so it's free. All I pay for is a 15$ copay when I go see pretty much anyone.

I also pay like 25 cents every 2 weeks for vision coverage, but I hardly think that counts :)

$120/month for me and the wife...United POS Choice Plus. Only had it for a few months and have yet to use it.

My company recently changed our contributions towards health benefits. When I started there 5 years ago they were fully paid for by the company. Every year it would cost more for my company. By the third year we had to contribute. Last year it was about 50$/month for me, my wife and my son. They just informed us today that it is going up to 404$/month for the lowest plan. An HMO. Where you have to get referrels for everything. This really sucks. I'm living off one income right now. Fortunately my wife goes back to work and April and she has pretty good benefits. About 136$/month for family. Thats personal choice also. A single at my company is free BTW. What you guys paying?

Doublbase, Am I reading your post, correctly?

Last year: $50

This year: $404

!@#$!@#$%@$#%

$134 every 2 weeks for just myself, Preferred Provider can go to any doctor I want never have hassles about I can't get this procedure done or I need to go to this Clinic cause my coverage only covers certain this or that. Doctors love me cause they can actually perform medicine and don't have to worry about what my insurance won't cover.....I've found it to be very handy over the years. I have a co-worker on a cheaper plan and he has to drive from one place to another to another over several days just to get an X-ray and have it analyzed and then get the doctors opinion.... I figure I miss less time at work just by not having to schedule multiple visits for one diagnosis....

I pay $107.45 in each biweekly paycheck for medical and dental. The plans are separate though. Medical covers only myself. Dental covers me and wife.

I did the math: All of my torn ACL expenses that were covered by insurance came to more than I have paid for health insurance since I got my first job out of college (1996). So, I feel I've gotten my money's worth. :D I estimate I've paid about $19,000 for insurance, and all of the ACL expenses came to $23,000 (doctor visits, all surgery expenses, rehab, etc).

Doublbase, Am I reading your post, correctly?

Last year: $50

This year: $404

!@#$!@#$%@$#%

Yes...:( I feel bad for my co-workers that don't have a spouse that can help with benefits and have kids. They are stuck paying that.

$50 bucks every two weeks for myself, full dental, medical, life & 401k.

IML Gear Cream!
I pay $107.45 in each biweekly paycheck for medical and dental. The plans are separate though. Medical covers only myself. Dental covers me and wife.

I did the math: All of my torn ACL expenses that were covered by insurance came to more than I have paid for health insurance since I got my first job out of college (1996). So, I feel I've gotten my money's worth. :D I estimate I've paid about $19,000 for insurance, and all of the ACL expenses came to $23,000 (doctor visits, all surgery expenses, rehab, etc).
Take into account the non-discounted rate at which they charge uninsured, take for example the time I got an MRI and there was a billing error, they sent me a bill for something like $1200.00. After I settled that I got my statement for the month and they had only charged my Insurance provider $480 something....
Out of pocket you might have had to pay 2 or 3 times as much.....

Yes...:( I feel bad for my co-workers that don't have a spouse that can help with benefits and have kids. They are stuck paying that.

OK, so, you went from $50 to $404 per month!

That is a problem for those with mortgages, car payments and basic bills.

All this....just in case...you get sick or in a wreck?

OK, so, you went from $50 to $404 per month!

That is a problem for those with mortgages, car payments and basic bills.

All this....just in case...you get sick or in a wreck?

Yes I know. I just had a baby 6 months ago. Wife is currently not working. I have an SUV payment and mortgage. Thank god I make an ok living. This would def hurt if my wife wasn't going back to work. I don't know how this is ever going to get better. It most likely will get worse. If they want to insure everyone in the country, who is going pay for all that?

On the other hand, they added another 1% to what they are matching in our 401K's. 4%. Not to bad in this economy. My 401K has been rocking too. Up nearly 50% in some of my funds.:)

Wait till you get older and need to see the doctor for other illnesses and injuries.

I pay $43.00 every 2 weeks.
I paid $200.00 a month at my last job.

Yes I know. I just had a baby 6 months ago. Wife is currently not working. I have an SUV payment and mortgage. Thank god I make an ok living. This would def hurt if my wife wasn't going back to work. I don't know how this is ever going to get better. It most likely will get worse. If they want to insure everyone in the country, who is going pay for all that?

On the other hand, they added another 1% to what they are matching in our 401K's. 4%. Not to bad in this economy. My 401K has been rocking too. Up nearly 50% in some of my funds.:)
I thought my company sucked, but 4% match on your 401k, at least my company does 50%...

I thought my company sucked, but 4% match on your 401k, at least my company does 50%...

So if you put in 1000$ each week they give you 500$? That's incredible.

Yes, but there is a $4000 cap per year....still a very beneficent gesture.... We also have Pre-Paid Legal Aid for $15 a paycheck and Identity Theft Protection for $10.....

Yes, but there is a $4000 cap per year....still a very beneficent gesture.... We also have Pre-Paid Legal Aid for $15 a paycheck and Identity Theft Protection for $10.....

O ok. My company gives up to 2K a year now. Which I max out. You would be stupid not to if you can afford it. Free money:)

IML Gear Cream!

Why would you think your company sucked? I have never any company matching that much. Normally its just up to 6%. That is the best I have ever heard. That's what my wife gets and she is a teacher.

being self-employed I am under my wife's insurance policy, I believe it costs around $150/month, however we have an annual deductible of $2500, until that is met we pay 100% out of pocket, so basically it sucks big donkey dick. :thumbdwn:

I don't know how this is ever going to get better. It most likely will get worse. If they want to insure everyone in the country, who is going pay for all that?

Once they make those assholes open up their books for everyone to see by removing that anti-trust exemption, you will find out how not true this is. The profits these guys make is ludicrous, and the means by which they attain them are ridiculous. The change is coming, the gov't is just giving their buddies a few more months to gouge everyone. Reform will pass, probably without a public option or with a stripped-down, opt-in provision for the states. It's just like the credit card change that they gave bankers 9 months to prepare for by raising rates for no logical reason.

I pay $0.

And have no insurance whatesover. It's risky. I won't do this forever.

I pay $0.

Yeah way to risky for me. That's playing with fire. I have a family to care for now.

I pay $0.

that's crazy, if you ended up in the hospital you would be facing some HUGE medical bills.

as an small company employer I am paying close to half a million a year in health care premiums for my employees ( 35-40 employees). I don't see how other small or medium size busineses can keep affording it. Since I became partner 5 years ago ( and can look at the books) the premiums have increased 78%...

Since I became partner 5 years ago ( and can look at the books) the premiums have increased 78%...

I believe it. Used to be free here. Now its over 400$/month!:mooh:

My company is 100% match up to 6% of my total income pretax, which is pretty awesome. After the 6% I think it goes to a sub 10%, but hell, 6% pretax is pretty damned substantial.

I pay $0.

yea, I went for a yr w/o insurance after grad school...didn't have any another option other than medicaid.

Back