• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

sciatic nerve

Budz08

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So about a month ago or so I was in the gym taking care of leg day. I did my usual stretch-mile run-stretch and then went to warm up for squats. I always start out easy and do a couple reps with just the bar to help get my head in the game. Oh...it was also power week so I'm planning on 3x6 but at this point I was regularly going 4x6 on major lifts and pulls (separate issue but what are your thoughts on this?)
I was fine going into my third set but then around rep 4i I felt a slight discomfort around on the left side of my lower back near where the back meets the butt. I racked the weight and tried to I walk it off and stretch. I started feeling pretty good. At the time I thought it was just my back acting up a bit; I slightly tweaked it playing football a few weeks prior to this. Anyway, I called it quits for squats but went through the rest of my workout taking it pretty easy but able to get it done, feeling pretty good actually.
I don't think it was until the next day that I felt this pain shooting down my left leg that started from my back and playing ball was just horrible. Icing it heating it, nothing seemed to work. I haven't participated in any physical activity but by buddies' wives who are nurses (I know not Dr.) told me it might be a sciatic nerve issue. I know it seems like I get hurt a lot but do you guys have any advice on this or any physical therapy I can do myself. No insurance at this time so I'm hoping to avoid any medical treatment. Thanks.

Physical therapy you can do yourself?

You need a proper evaluation. Sciatica is often very misdiagnosed, and you need to determine what exactly is going on before you try and force any sort of training intervention on top of this problem.

patrick

From my extensive experience with back pain and sciatica, I've found the best thing for me is a muscle relaxer for a few days. Like everything else, everyone is different, but I spent the last six months of my enlistment in constant pain from my sciatic nerve. When I got out and went to the VA, they put me on muscle relaxers. Within a week I was free of pain. Twenty years later, I see a chiropractor about once a month, and I have leftover relaxers to use when I get a pinched nerve. I've also found that working my abs helps keep the stress off of my back.

Thanks for the advice bigsteel and pfunk. I'll do what I can with what I have for now and try to work on my core and maybe some warm baths after a workout. Unfortunately, like I mentioned, my resources are limited and I will not be able to see a trainer any time soon...but I think I may go to the local university and see if their trainer can help me out in anyway. Thanks again for the help.

Back