• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Big Boy Basics

Andalite

A Beached Whale..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi everyone!!

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and the best of luck for all your goals.

A new year means a new journal so welcome to Big Boy Basics!!!

Goals are as they have always been: to stay injury free and get stronger and hopefully lose some of the chub ;)

For all newcomers, 4 weeks of training = 1 Mesocycle.

Today marks the start of Mesocycle 17. I don't do routines - I train. I follow templates. Here's the template for now:

THURSDAY: DEADLIFT TRAINING
  1. Deadlifts
  2. Front Squats
  3. Core Training

FRIDAY: BACK TRAINING
  1. Heavy Rows - either dumbbell, barbell, chest supported or machine done 3-5 sets of 1-5 reps depending on the exercise
  2. Pull-ups - all weighted for as many sets and reps as I like. mostly I aim for 25-50 total reps all done with some added weight.
  3. Medium Rows - either high or low cable rows or unilateral cable rows for 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps
  4. Facepulls or Shrugs
  5. Core Training

SUNDAY: SQUAT TRAINING
  1. Overhead Squats
  2. Front Squats
  3. Back Squats
  4. Grip Training
  5. Core Training

MONDAY: PRESS TRAINING
  1. Pistol Squats
  2. Press Variant - either military or bench variants within for heavy work
  3. Pull-ups - light for example; 3x8 or so
  4. Supplementary Press
  5. Core Training

I suffer from a slew of shoulder and lower back injures so staying injury free is my #1 goal.

For those interested, my "stats" at the moment are:

I weigh 195 lbs @ 5'7
Pistol Squats: 13 reps per leg
Back Squats: 365 lbs
Front Squats: 295 lbs
Overhead Squats: 185 lbs
Military Press: 185 lbs
Deadlifts: 475 lbs
Bench Press: 225 lbs

A very Happy New Year to everyone once again and I will check in later with a journal update hopefully.

Oh, and for those concerned, here's my youtube channel: YouTube - anuj247's Channel

Cheers!

Happy new year to you too!

All the best for your goals.

Mat

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

Once again: A very Happy New Year to one and all!! :)

Workout:

Deadlifts:
(415 lbs x 1 rep x 5 minisets) x 2 cluster sets
435 lbs x 2 reps
The goal was to do 2 cluster sets of 5 minisets - each one being a single rep. Last week I had messed up on this but I finally got the hang of it. I thoroughly detest cluster sets. They totally put me off my groove. I did the final set with 435 lbs for sheer giggles.

Front Squats:
185 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
205 lbs x 3 reps
I have been struggling with Front Squats for quite a while now. I have zero technique with these. Just 3 weeks ago I hit 295 lbs for the 4th or 5th time over the span of two months and it was through sheer brute strength. Thats a no-no for me. I would like to perfect and hone in my technique. So, I have gone back to the drawing board and the first change I have made is switching my grip from a rather unstable cross grip to a clean/weightlifters/olympic grip. I am sure with this more stable grip and working on my form from the ground up I will be surpass 295 lbs over the next few months.

Hanging Air Kicks:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets

Cable Wood Chops:
15 kgs x 12 reps
20 kgs x 12 reps
20 kgs x 12 reps

Videos:

Deadlifts & Front Squats:
IronScene | Powerlifting Videos

Overall Impression:

This was a better workout than last week. It takes some getting used to these weird octagonal shaped plates...I need to work on my grip more. I am going to be trying a new fun exercise for grip training this coming Monday..

Have a great day today everyone and thank you for reading! :)

Back Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

Was so bloated...and still am.​

Workout:

Chest Supported Rows:
160 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
180 lbs x 3 reps
190 lbs x 2 reps
I used a lighter weight than last week for my work sets but my overall volume was through the roof. I will increase the weight after I have spent some more time getting used to this exercise and getting my form down..

Pull-ups:
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps x 2 sets
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 4 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps
Total Reps = 20
This just wasn't happening today...I wasn't feeling it at all. It's been a few weeks since I've done proper weighted Pull-ups so this is to be expected. I'll be fine next week - especially since I am not hitting Pull-ups 2x a week with this new template.

High Cable Rows:
75 kgs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Facepulls:
40 kgs x 12 reps x 2 sets
I actually felt these in my traps...awesome!

Front Planks:
BW x 60 seconds x 3 sets

Hammer Curls:
22 kgs x 5 reps x 3 sets
I hate arm work...But I desperately want huge forearms :p

Videos:

Chest Supported Rows & Pull-ups:

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone's had a great weekend full of fun, excitement and promise!

Good luck for the next week and thanks for reading as always!​

Squat Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

Went in very late and had almost no energy..​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:
135 lbs x 3 reps
155 lbs x 3 reps
175 lbs x 2 reps
Decent...I paused at the bottom of 175 for the longest time to make sure I had my form down..

Front Squats:
185 lbs x 3 reps x 6 sets
205 lbs x 1 rep
225 lbs x 2 reps
Still working on grip here...It's getting better but I need to stretch my forearm muscles more. I need to squat "down" more and keep my elbows higher.

Back Squats:
295 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
Form was very meh...I'm GM'ing the weight a bit and I dont feel comfortable....

Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Overhead Squats, Front Squats and Back Squats:

Overall Impression:

Gonna spend tomorrow resting and eating....I hope everyone's had a wonderful Monday!!! :)

Back Squats:
295 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
Form was very meh...I'm GM'ing the weight a bit and I dont feel comfortable....

I find myself GMing the weight sometimes too and it's usually a result of lower back fatigue. I noticed that you DL on Thursday and then hit the back again on Friday. Then, after just 1 day of rest, you're squatting. That's not a lot of time for the back to recover. Plus you had already done overhead and front squats, so it's understandable that your back would be fatigued at that point in the workout.

I find myself GMing the weight sometimes too and it's usually a result of lower back fatigue. I noticed that you DL on Thursday and then hit the back again on Friday. Then, after just 1 day of rest, you're squatting. That's not a lot of time for the back to recover. Plus you had already done overhead and front squats, so it's understandable that your back would be fatigued at that point in the workout.
aye..thats very true. Plus, I haven't done back squats regularly in over a year so I am a bit rusty with the exercise. Thanks for dropping by and I agree with you observations. You actually read my entire journal lol...I appreciate that! :)

Press Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

Was in a bit of a hurry today but the overall volume would have been low to begin with because I need to set a base mark from which to progress.​

Workout:

Pistol Squats:
BW x 4 reps x 2 sets
Felt pretty comfortable.

Overhead Press:
155 lbs x 3 reps
175 lbs x 1 rep x 2 sets
I will build on this come next week. I am not sure where I am going to keep rotating a variant of the press on a week to week basis but I might do some crazy bell incline close grip bench presses (wow..what a mouthful!) next week.

Pull-ups:
BW x 10 reps
BW x 8 reps
BW x 8+1 reps
Total = 27 reps
The goal here is to increase overall volume on this exercise as the weeks progress. On this day no weighted pull-ups are done because I need to keep my form in check, etc...

Unilateral Lat Pulldowns:
35 kgs x 6 reps x 2 sets
40 kgs x 5 reps

Decline Dumbbell Punches:
14 kgs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Pistol Squats, Overhead Press, Pull-ups, Unilateral Lat Pulldowns & Decline Dumbbell Punches:

Overall Impression:

The next 2 days are rest days...I plan on losing the bloat and relaxing! I hope everyone's having a swell week! :)

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

This is last night's workout...I pretty much sat on my ass all day so I was very lethargic when I hit the gym lol...​

Workout:

Deadlifts:
(415 lbs x 2 reps x 3 minisets) x 2 cluster sets
455 lbs x 1 rep
I really wanted to hit 4 doubles but all I could muster up was 3. Next week I am going to increase rest period from 25 seconds to 30-45 seconds and really try for get 4 doubles with 415 per cluster set.

Front Squats:
185 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
205 lbs x 3 reps
I used three fingers this time and I added 2 reps to each of the 185 sets...

Lat Pulldown Crunches:
40 kgs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Overhead Plate Sidebends:
25 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Dumbbell Windmills:
12 kgs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Overall Impression:

Tiring workout. I am getting better at cluster sets. I am not used to rep work but I think I'll improve over the next few weeks. I aim to get 4 doubles next week and then I'm gonna increase the weight and go back to singles hopefully with 435. My overall aim is to hit 435 for doubles in a cluster set but it may be a while before I can manage that.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend! Thanks for reading, as always! :)

IML Gear Cream!
Nicely detailed journal here :thumb: Keep up the good work and moving those big weights.

Back Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's workout..​

Workout:

Chest Supported Rows:
160 lbs x 6 reps x 4 sets
195 lbs x 2 reps
Double progression right here, guys...If y'all want to read up on Single, Double and Triple Progression, check out this article: Strength Training with Single, Double and Triple Progression.

Pull-ups:
BW + 20 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 3 + 3 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 1 + 1 + 1 reps
BW + 50 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps
Total Reps = 15
Decent work...

High Cable Rows:
75 kgs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Facepulls:
40 kgs x 12 reps x 2 sets

Suitcase Deadlifts:
115 lbs x 6 reps x 2 sets

Hanging Air Kicks:
BW x 20 reps x 2 sets

Videos:

Chest Supported Rows & Pull-ups:
YouTube - M17 W2 Back Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

I hope y'all have had a good weekend thus far...I went and saw Sherlock Holmes and thought it was pretty entertaining. I'm looking forward to seeing the Book of Eli.

Tonight is Squat Training. I leave for the US on Monday night and I arrive on Tuesday (US Time). So, I won't be training for the next 3 days at the least. I've shifted my Deadlift Training from my usual Thursdays to Fridays over the last 2 weeks but I will resume Deadlifting on Thursdays once again as soon as I get back. So after tonight's squat training update, the next journal update will be on Thursday of the following week. I know I'll be having only 6 days between Deadlift sessions but I should be fine because I will have rested for 4 nights and 3 days straight before my workout. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!! :)

Full Body Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

This is Sunday's workout. Like I mentioned before, I won't be hitting the gym till Thursday so I had to modify my press and squat training days and basically combine them. The exercise order is a bit unorthodox (for me) because I was making the workout on the spot. I was very sore from Back Training the day before. This was my 3rd workout in a row - something I rarely ever do so I didn't make it too crazy!​

Workout:

Flat Dumbbell Press:
75 lbs x 6 reps x 3 sets
I have been suffering from some shoulder pain recently. I may have not mentioned this before but I suffer from genetically loose shoulder joints which are very prone to dislocations (which are very painful - not the fun kind). So, I have to maintain a very delicate balance between pushing and pulling exercises and over the last month my pulling has overly exceeded by pressing - which is also bad for me. So, I am going to start pressing a bit more. It's weird because too much and too little pressing both mess up my posture and my shoulder girdle's happiness.

Pull-ups:
BW x 8 reps
BW x 10 reps
BW x 8 + 3 reps
Total = 28 reps
I know I did Pull-ups like 2 days back to back but this felt really good on my shoulders.

Front Squats:
185 lbs x 3 reps
195 lbs x 3 reps
205 lbs x 3 reps
215 lbs x 3 reps
225 lbs x 3 reps
235 lbs x 3 reps
185 lbs x 7 reps
Still working on technique. Gonna do some lower weight and much much more volume next week. The best way to get my body to adapt to this new grip is to practice, practice and practice some more. So volume is where this is at. Though, I need to make sure quality remains awesome.

Dumbbell Windmills:
14 kgs x 6 reps x 3 sets

Push-ups:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets
My shoulder hurt a LOT initially with this but I finished each set off with some scapular push-ups which REALLY helped me. I could hear the clicking as my shoulder slid into place. Good times...

Hammer Curls:
22 kgs x 5 reps

Unilateral Shoulder Press:
66 lbs x 3 reps
66 lbs x 5 reps
This felt really good on my shoulder.

Videos:

Flat Dumbbell Presses, Pull-ups, Front Squats and Unilateral Shoulder Presses:

Overall Impression:

I leave tonight....Damn, my body is so painfully sore its unbelievable. Muscles which I didn't know I even had are screaming in pain lol..!! I'm looking forward to the 16 hour flight tonight because I'll be fast asleep even before the plane takes off.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend and good luck to y'all for next week! I'll see y'all on the other side! :D

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

I am feeling very weak and tired...I've been under the weather recently and I shouldn't have gone to the gym but I am too stubborn and hard headed to quit.​

Workout:

Deadlifts:
(415 lbs x 2 reps x 3 minisets) x 2 cluster sets
I felt very weak and really just sick and ill today...and it took a huge toll on me. You guys can see my form absolutely deteriorate in the video...

Front Squats:
205 lbs x 3 reps
I wasn't feeling good and I had nothing in the gas after this. Actually, thats not true: I could've done another 2 sets but I wanted to keep something in the tank. I will do better on my Squat Day later this weekend.

Weird Ab Exercise:
BW x static holds x 3 sets

Videos:

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone's had a great week. I am looking forward to this weekend!!! :)

Squat Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

I am in Dallas right now for the MLK weekend and I went to LA Fitness to workout like normal. I've been eating like a 150 lb'er so I did not have as much energy as normal. On another note: I weighed myself this morning at 195.5 lbs which is about 5 lbs less than last month. So I am pretty pleased with myself. I want to drop to 180-185 though.​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:
135 lbs x 3 reps
145 lbs x 3 reps
155 lbs x 2 reps
I need to practice more with this. Next week I am going to do more work in this same weight range.

Front Squats:
205 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
225 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
Damn my wrists hurt like a bitch after these!!!

Back Squats:
315 lbs x 1 rep x 3 sets
I wasn't going to do these but I figured I'd try. My form on the first rep sucked but I was able to keep my chest up for sets 2 and 3.

Farmers Walks:
125 lbs x 1 trip x 3 sets
This was super difficult. My grip has been lagging pretty bad. It's been 4 weeks since I've done any grip training but I am gonna work on this from now on out.

Plate Pinches:
25 lbs x 30 seconds x 2 sets

Pallof Press:
42.5 lbs x 12 reps
47.5 lbs x 12 reps
50.0 lbs x 12 reps

Videos:

Overhead Squats, Front Squats and Back Squats:

Overall Impression:

This workout was better than the last disaster of a Deadlift workout mainly because I felt better. I think my diet has to be improved greatly if I want to continue progressing and that is what I am going to do.​

Press Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

This is last night's workout. I was in half a mind to not go train but decided to stop being lazy. After every few months of dedicated training I fall into this lull where I become lethargic with no motivation to train. Thats how it has been for the last 1-2 weeks. But not things are different. I am easing back into training and hopefully I'll be fine for the next few months :p

Workout:

Pistol Squats:
BW x 5 reps x 2 sets
Good stuff

Incline Close Grip Crazy Bell Bench Press:
165 lbs x 3 reps
185 lbs x 4 reps x 2 sets
165 lbs x 5 reps
Man...this exercise is so difficult! Paul, who I have shown training with me a number of times, can bench in the low 300s and he has a hard time putting up 230-250 for reps on this exercise. As for a weakling like me, this exercise hits my shoulders and triceps the most. Very cool!

Pull-ups:
BW x 9 reps
BW x 8 reps
BW x 10 + 2 reps
Total = 29 reps
Decent..

Arm Work:
Did some hammer curls and lying tricep extensions. I didn't write the weights or the sets and reps because I was just fooling around. I think I took 50 lbs for Hammer Curls and 25 or something for the dumbbell tricep extensions..

Side Plank Rows:
27.5 lbs x 30 seconds
32.5 lbs x 30 seconds
42.5 lbs x 30 seconds
I love core training!!!

Videos:

Pistol Squats, Incline Close Grip Crazy Bell Bench Press and Pull-ups:

Overall Impression:

Gonna focus on my diet. I have dropped from 200 to 195. I now plan on migrating to 190 and below. Slow and steady though...slow body recomp all the way!​

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 4

Beginning Thoughts:

This is last night's workout..My diet has been pretty decent: mainly protein and veggies and other carbs but I think I'm not getting enough fat. I also feel a bit tired throughout the day which is weird for me...Maybe I need to up my calories a bit for a couple of days to get back on track.​

Workout:

Deadlifts:
425 lbs x 5 reps
This was a backoff session so I kept the intensity just didn't make it too hard on myself. In this cold weather my hands develop quite a bit of dry skin and my damn calluses get ripped off which ends up making my hands hurt whenever I grip the bar. 135 lbs is just as painful for my hands as 425 and I hate having a compromised grip!

Front Squats:
225 lbs x 3 reps
245 lbs x 2 reps
275 lbs x 1 rep
I just wanted to work towards a relative max. I'm glad I got 275. 275 using the clean grip feels a LOT more comfortable than 275 using that silly cross grip.

Weird Ab Exercise:
BW x 7 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Deadlifts, Front Squats & Core Training:
YouTube - M17 W4 Deadlift Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone has had a great week. I'm looking forward to the weekend! Cheers and thanks for reading as always! :)

Back Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 4

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's workout...​

Workout:

Dumbbell Rows:
110 lbs x 6 reps x 3 sets
120 lbs x 4 reps x 2 sets
I love this exercise!

Pull-ups:
BW + 20 lbs x 2 + 2 reps
BW + 20 lbs x 3 + 3 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 2 + 2 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps
Total = 16 reps

Cable Rows:
160 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Facepulls:
80 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets

Inverted Rows:
BW x 8 reps x 2 sets

BW x 8 reps x 3 sets

Forearm / Bicep Exercises:
Did some random 3-4 sets of arm work here...Reverse curls, hammer curls, wrist curls, etc...Nothing solid just picked a weight, did it to failure and jumped to the next exercise..

Videos:

Dumbbell Rows, Pull-ups, Cable Rows & Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes:
YouTube - M17 W4 Back Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

I'm gonna rest tonight and just heal up. Tomorrow is Squat Day.

I hope everyone had a fun Friday night! :)

Squat Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 4

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym...​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:
135 lbs x 3 reps x 2 sets
155 lbs x 2 reps
Next Mesocycle I am gonna spend more time working on technique. I am gonna try to hit 185 soon.

Front Squats:
225 lbs x 3 reps x 6 sets
Ok so here is the plan with these for now. I have never tried much volume on front squats and I am still working on technique. Today's workout went to shit because my shoulders and biceps were hurting for some reason. So It was hard to concentrate on my form. But, I got all 6 sets. Next week I will add 5 lbs to the bar and week after another 5 lbs and so on and so forth. I figure that around the 250-260 lbs mark this linear progression will fail. When that happens I will do something similar to what I did for Deadlifts with the modified Poliquin 1-6 Principle. It will help consolidate my strength gains before I aim to nail 315.

Back Squats:
Skipped. This is a sort of low volume deload type workout so I didn't want to push it.

Farmers Walks:
105 lbs x 2 trips x 3 sets
Decent...

Pallof Press:
47.5 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets
52.5 lbs x 12 reps

Videos:

Overhead Squats, Front Squats and Farmer Walks:
YouTube - M17 W4 Squat Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

Decent workout. I have my Press workout tomorrow...​

IML Gear Cream!
Press Training
Mesocycle 17 - Week 4

Beginning Thoughts:

Last night's workout right here...Went in feeling pretty good and was determined to spend a good deal of time doing press work because lately my shoulders have been feeling very unstable and I don't like that.​

Workout:

Pistol Squats:
BW x 6 reps x 2 sets
Next Mesocycle I am gonna spend more time on quality.

Overhead Press:
155 lbs x 3 reps
160 lbs x 3 reps
165 lbs x 3 reps
170 lbs x 3 reps
175 lbs x 2 reps
185 lbs x FAIL
155 lbs x 4 reps
Since I'm doing this exercise for the first time in like ages..I decided to go Quality Volume on this. I'm writing up a plan for progression on this exercise soon. I plan on breaking through the 185 lbs mark.

Pull-ups:
BW x 10 reps
BW x 9 + 1 reps
BW x 8 + 2 reps
Total = 30 reps
Decent..

Push-ups:
BW x 20 reps x 2 sets
Destroyed me...

Videos:

Pistol Squats,Overhead Press and Pull-ups:
YouTube - M17 W4 Press Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

Eating has been relatively good so I am going to work on that and do some R&R over the next 2 days which I have off from training.​

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 18 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

Been eating right for the last few days...​

Workout:

Deadlifts:
415 lbs x 2 reps
425 lbs x 2 reps
435 lbs x 2 reps
435 lbs x 2 reps
445 lbs x 2 reps
I had to hit 5 doubles today...My camera messed up on the first set with 435 and it got blurred (weird).

Front Squats:
185 lbs x 8 reps x 2 sets @ 65%
I am using the Brad Gillingham cycle for Front Squats for the next 12 weeks (or so). I have a feeling I overstated my lifts so I might be in a bit of trouble soon lol...

Weird Ab Exercise:
BW x 7 reps x 3 sets

Hand Extensions:
2 bands x 10 reps x 3 sets
This a new grip exercise. We're so used to training our grip (whether it be crushing grip or static grip or that third form of grip training which escaped my mind lol) that we neglect our antagonistic grip muscles. So, while I also train for squeezing my hand, this exercise forces you to open your hand. I have a video up of it too...

Videos:

Deadlifts, Front Squats & Core Training:
YouTube - M18 W1 Deadlift Training.wmv

Hand Extensions:
YouTube - Hand Extensions.wmv

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone is having a good week...Tomorrow is Friday finally lol!!! Cheers and good luck!!!​

Back Training
Mesocycle 18 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's workout...​

Workout:

Dumbbell Rows:
110 lbs x 5 reps x 5 sets
120 lbs x 3 reps

Pull-ups:
Skipped this. Zero energy.

Cable Rows:
160 lbs x 13 reps x 2 sets
170 lbs x 13 reps
190 lbs x 7 reps

Facepulls:
60 lbs x 15 reps x 2 sets

Inverted Rows:
Skipped

Skipped

Videos:

Forgot my camera..​

Overall Impression:

Time to rest. Oh, I went and saw Edge of Darkness last night..Good movie.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend. Thanks for reading!!! :)

Squat Training
Mesocycle 18 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym...​

Workout:

Front Squats:
255 lbs x 1 rep @ 90%
225 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets @ 80%
Running the Gillingham cycle right now. My boy Xiva from Muscle Mecca suggested this cycle...Let's hope I make some gains on it! :)

Metabolic Conditioning for 2 rounds:
Unilateral RDLs = 25 lbs x 7 reps
Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes = BW x 10 reps
Cable Pull-throughs = 80 lbs x 12 reps
Side Plank Rows = BW x 30 seconds
I haven't done any conditioning training in like 5 months now. I want to get back to doing this more regularly because it keeps me in good shape. I have to make sure I don't overdo it because this stuff drains me. Today was a reasonable okay day and I managed to do some good. My form was kinda iffy on several sets (y'all can see that in the video) but it will improve.

Grip Training:
Crushers @ 150N for several sets, reps and static holds
I managed to get my hands on one of these crushers (CoC I think) and I used it. Pretty cool.

Videos:

Front Squats & Metabolic Conditioning:
YouTube - M18 W1 Squat Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

Pretty tiring workout....​

Full Body Training
Mesocycle 18 - Week 1

Beginning Thoughts:

Last night's workout....​

Workout:

Pistol Squats:
6 +6 + 6 = 18 reps
Decent

Overhead Press:
155 lbs x 3 reps
160 lbs x 3 reps
165 lbs x 3 reps
170 lbs x 3 reps
175 lbs x 2 reps
180 lbs x 1 rep

Pull-ups:
BW x 8 reps
BW x 8 reps
BW x 8 reps
BW x 8 + 2 reps
Total = 34 reps
I managed to hit my goal of 30 reps in 3 sets last mesocycle. So now my new goal is to hit 40 reps in 4 sets.

Unilateral Press:
60 lbs x 7 reps
70 lbs x 4 reps

Push-ups:
BW x 15 reps x 2 sets
Unilateral Presses and Push-ups were super-setted.

Hammer Grip Chin-ups:
BW x 6 reps x 2 sets
Great finisher...

Videos:

Pistol Squats, Overhead Press, Pull-ups, Push-ups, Unilateral Press & Hammer Grip Chin-ups :
YouTube - M18 W1 Full Body Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

Ate like a pig...Terrible self discipline.​

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 18 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

Felt like absolute crap today. I've had so much school work to do that I was/am beat.​

Workout:

Deadlifts:
415 lbs x 2 reps
435 lbs x 2 reps
455 lbs x 2 reps
455 lbs x 2 reps
435 lbs x 2 reps
Another week of doubles...

Front Squats:
170 lbs x 3 reps x 8 sets
Done real fast....

BW x 8 reps x 3 sets

Hand Extensions:
2 bands x 10 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Deadlifts & Front Squats with my boy Darien hitting a 505 Deadlift!!!:
YouTube - M18 W2 Deadlift Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

Oooooh the weekend is so close!!! :)

Back Training
Mesocycle 18 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym...I forgot to mention this but my calluses are hurting like hell today. They were hurting yesterday as well and were a limiting factor of sorts on my Deadlifts but today the pain was close to unbearable yet I didn't use my straps till Facepulls rolled around :)

Workout:

Weighted Pull-ups:
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 50 lbs x 1 rep x 2 sets
BW + 30 lbs x 4 reps
Total = 15 reps
Last time I was too toasted after Dumbbell Rows to do Pull-ups so this week I switched the order around.

Dumbbell Rows:
110 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets
115 lbs x 5 reps x 2 sets
120 lbs x 5 reps

Cable Rows:
170 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets
200 lbs x 5 reps

Facepulls:
60 lbs x 15 reps
80 lbs x 15 reps
100 lbs x 15 reps

Front Planks using alternate arm and leg:
BW x 60 seconds x 2 sets

Videos:

Pull-ups & Dumbbell Rows:
YouTube - M18 W2 Back Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

Gonna go be a pig tonight and eat a lot. Hopefully recovery will be fast that way :)

Squat Training
Mesocycle 18 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

Working out Sunday night is awesome. Gym is ALWAYS empty :)

Workout:

Front Squats:
260 lbs x 1 rep @ 92.5%
230 lbs x 3 reps x 5 sets @ 82.5%
Damn difficult...

Farmers Walks:
105 lbs x 2 trips x 3 sets

Metabolic Conditioning for 2 rounds:
Barbell Reverse Lunges using Front Squat Grip = 65 lbs x 8 reps
Dumbbell Windmills = 30 lbs x 8 reps
Unilateral RDLs = 65 lbs x 7 reps
Renegade Rows = 40 lbs x 7 reps
Nearly threw up...

Grip Training:
Crushers @ 150 lbs for several sets, reps and static holds
I just purchased a #1 CoC...Waiting for it to get here.

Videos:

Front Squats & Metabolic Conditioning:
YouTube - M18 W2 Squat Training.wmv

Overall Impression:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! :)

Back