• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

pain in lower back

rayray715

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i have a pain (more discomforting than painful) right below my lower back area. its hard to pin point, its not a muscle pain, its deep in there. i got it after doing deads, and i know its from doing deads, cause i sometimes get the same discomfort when doing them.

i usually stop when i feel like im stressing it, but today i ignored it and kept going. and this isnt the first time i over did it. it goes away with rest and taking it easy on lifts bending at the waist. so i know what i should do and shouldnt do, but want to know how i might be causing it and what the pain is. could it be from repetitive motion, like when u get tennis elbow pain?

i think i might be hyper flexing my lower back( i think thats the right terminology/ bending back too far back). everyone i ask, says i have good form, and i'm not overkilling the weight. also, cant do back squats when it hurts, but i can do front squats. feels like too much pressure on the area that hurts with the weight on my back. also, sittin upright, like on a stool where my hips are higher than my knees, causes discomfort.

i did some stretching afterwards, that helped. i also held onto the pullup bar and let my body hang, it was very relieving until after i got down, then it seemed to hurt even worse.

hope, i gave enough information.im not looking for a diagnosis, just suggestions,maybe past experiences, or tips to avoid and/ or prevent injury.thanks :thumbs:

I have had pain in that same spot, although I can't say for sure what exercise caused it. Similiar I have had "mystery" pains in my neck, knee, and elbows at one time or another. For the most part the pain went away when I stopped going as heavy as I could, everytime I worked out. Working in light days has really helped the pain and hasn't hurt my gains. Sometimes you gotta check your ego, know what I mean?

did squats this morning, front and back. started out light, and progressively went heavier. i focused more on stabilizing my core rather than the push in my legs, and keeping my lower back more upright then arched. i felt no discomfort, no pain, and the lift felt better overall. i guess my form was bad the whole time. gonna try same technic on my deadlift next week, see if that makes the difference.

Back