• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Does inhibiting DHT hinder gains when on cycle?

Mags

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know a lot of folks take the likes of finasteride to try and stop hairloss on cycle as well as to protect their prostate. However, I was just wondering if blocking DHT when using AAS would stifle gains?

Cheers.

Yes, finesteride will hinder gains. Take it for a while before you cycle.

/V

Thanks. How does it do that? Is it simply a case of the exogenous test not converting to DHT, therefore not bringing the added benefits of the DHT (as I was under the impression that DHT is the real strength/muscle builder, not necessarily test, which is just the 'warm-up' as such)?

Cheers.

Reducing DHT and certainly hinder performance in the gym. Better to use dutasteride if you are gonna block DHT. Taking those to prevent hairloss is a waste, IMO. It's going to fall out anyway.

Reducing DHT and certainly hinder performance in the gym. Better to use dutasteride if you are gonna block DHT. Taking those to prevent hairloss is a waste, IMO. It's going to fall out anyway.

I'm not looking to take it - I've been shaving my head for a few years now as MPB kicked in during my mid-twenties :( - I was just trying to learn a bit more about the role of DHT. I'd read a while a go that DHT could impact gains in a negative way. And when I use to take finasteride for MPB - before my venturing into PHs/AAS - I found I didn't make great gains in the gym. It was only when ceasing it that I saw improvements - particularly with my strength.

Also, apart from being a more effective inhibitor, does dutasteride help prevent acne as it inhibits the type I enzyme as well as type II, or am I getting mixed up?

Cheers.

I have heard that dutasteride works, but whenever you get into aas use you have to be prepared that the hair may go.

I have heard that dutasteride works, but whenever you get into aas use you have to be prepared that the hair may go.

Yeah, I understand that's the case. And as my hair's been disappearing for the past three years anyway, the fact that it would go if I was to take AAS doesn't concern me too much. I was more interested in the anti-acne properties dutasteride has - if any - and the overall effect of inhibiting DHT when training naturally or on AAS.

Cheers.

Back