• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

As Suggested, I have logged my diet and here are my macros for almos

djturnz

Fat Guy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
1-14-10dietdiary.jpg

I am using an application on my phone to log everything, and it syncs with fatsecret.com.

This is a screen shot of my diet calendar.

My goal is weight loss. I am trying to stay around 2000 calories. Obviously I came up short a couple times, and went a bit over a couple times. I'm not sure where my FAT, CARBS, and PROTEIN should be. But here is where they are.

I have not been logging my exercise except for that one day. Thats why the field is blank.

Ok, so what am I doing wrong?

Good Lord, your protein is way too low. You need at least 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass.

I read the sticky on figuring lean body mass. I have no idea at what weight my ab muscles would start to show, so how do I calculate lean body mass? If I try to use my actual weight, I'll need to main-line Tuna through an IV.

I read the sticky on figuring lean body mass. I have no idea at what weight my ab muscles would start to show, so how do I calculate lean body mass? If I try to use my actual weight, I'll need to main-line Tuna through an IV.

You multiply your current weight by your %body fat expressed as a decimal. This will give you lbs of body fat. Then subtract your lbs of body fat from your total body weight.

For Example: 185 lbs at 13% body fat is 24 lbs of fat and 161 lbs lean body mass.
(185*0.19=24) then (185-24=161)

Next multiply your LBM by 1 to 1.5 to get your daily protein requirement for bodybuilding.
In this example you would need 161 to to 242g of protein/day.

How do I figure my Body fat?

Just estimate.

First question is, how much do you weigh?

Based on the answer to the above and then applying a simple multiplier we can arrive at where to set your protein...that's the first step.

You also need to understand where your "maintenance" calories are. Based on this figure, you can set your daily or weekly caloric deficit and set some goals for fat loss.

And you want "fat loss" not just weight loss.

KY

On Monday January 4th, I was 401lbs.
Today I am 393.6lbs

When I did my mantainence calories, it was around 4300.

According to that link, the Navy says 43%, the YMCA says 29%

According to that link, the Navy says 43%, the YMCA says 29%

The YMCA estimate is more accurate. Use 30% as your starting point.

IML Gear Cream!
Ok, so I need a minimum of 275 grams of protein a day. Now, your post said for body building, is this the same for general fat loss?

I'm not sure how I'll get that much protein going daily. Especially without elevating calories or carbs.

I guess I don't understand the math/conversion here. According to the calculation, I have 275lbs of lean muscle mass? That can't be right. To me, that means if I get down to 280, I'd be ripped. Obviously that is not the case.

So should I go with the Navy number?

If you're 30%:
393*30% = 117lb of non lbm
393-117 = 276lb of lbm
276*1.2 = 331g of protein needed a day

If 43%:
393*43% = 169lb of non lbm
393-169 = 224 of lbm
224*1.2 = 268g of protein needed a day

If the information you've given us is correct your LBM is somewhere around 224-276 taking into account both estimates. So yes, you need around 250g of protein a day.
Some bodybuilding does come into this because if you're lifting, then you'll need something to repair that muscle, and encourage it to "stay" while on low calories rather than burning it up. Therefore a high amount of protein is needed to repair the muscle when on a low cal diet. If that makes sense.

Ok. So I need 250g of protein daily. What should my fat and carbs levels be for daily intake?

I have been trying to stay around 2000 calories. I think I read on here that 1g is 4 calories? So that's 1000 calories right there.

how tall are you? I think you can safely go above 2000 at your size and still lose alot of weight. Infact eating half your estimated maintenance calories might not yield such good progress after a while. Start at around 3000 or 3500(if your maintenance is really 4300). You can then adjust to eat less or slightly more depending on your comfort and/or progress.

As for the fat and protein, as long as you get your essential fats & mutlivitamins, then they can come however you want. It's been suggested to numerous people on this board that you want less carbs and slightly more fat to fill the void as fat is more satiating. But be careful because fat has a higher energy density and so you cannot add one gram of fat for every gram of carbs you take away.

I am 6'3".

It's weird, some days, I end up with 1800 calories after supper and feel perfectly fine, and some days I hit 2300 and feel like I have the munchies.

I guess I need to find some higher protein in the extra 800 calories I need to add to get closer to 3000.

how tall are you? I think you can safely go above 2000 at your size and still lose alot of weight. Infact eating half your estimated maintenance calories might not yield such good progress after a while. Start at around 3000 or 3500(if your maintenance is really 4300). You can then adjust to eat less or slightly more depending on your comfort and/or progress.

I agree, at your size maintenance for you is probably around 4000 calories. If you cut just 500 and get down to 3500/day thats a loss of ~1lb of fat/week. In the first couple of weeks you should lose several lbs/week as you will be losing a lot of water along with the fat. Don't starve yourself, start with 3500/day for the first 2 weeks to help yourself adjust. Then slowly drop to 3000 calories/day. Stay there for a while until the weight loss starts to level off then re-adjust. As you lose weight you require less calories but you've got a while before you need to worry about getting down to 2000 calories/day. Around 2000 calories/day is my cut and I'm only 185lbs at 6'2" and doing very little to no cardio each week. You want to be successful so don't try and rush it by cutting too low on the calories. It's easy to starve yourself for a few weeks but you want to keep this going for months so think long term.

Back