• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

State of the Union

DaMayor

Un~Bulking
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well worded. Well spoken. Mostly more of the same. Odds of the objectives/programs/bills outlined being achieved..... ?

Discuss.

Did not watch. I can't stand the spectacle of selective standing and cheering that comes after every goddamn sentence.

I watched a 3rd Rock from the Sun DVD instead.

Did not watch. I can't stand the spectacle of selective standing and cheering that comes after every goddamn sentence.

I agree. I thought Nancy was going to go into orbit a few times. Looked like someone popped her in the rump with a cattle prod. And yes, it is rediculous how the rest of the Dems jumped up like highschool cheerleaders (I was waiting for them to form a pyramid) while the Repub.s sat stoically while whispering to one another.:D I don't see bipartisanship in our future.

Just more bs like always. Only difference I saw was the fact that the speech was tailored more to the individual watcher at home and their approval more than anything. This was achieved by Obama acting like an outsider and giving those "mean, corrupt politicians" a slap on the wrists and reminding them they are Americans and represent the people, and lobbyists are bad, and yada yada yada, blah blah blah. Dont even get me started on corruption, bribes, lobbyists, etc. They control washington, that isnt gonna change, no matter how charasmatic of a speaker you are, or how many times you and your party blame Bush for everything.

Besides all that,.. I thought it was a good speech. :clapping:

lol

Let's see, up until a week ago he had a huge majority in the House and a Super Majority in the Senate yet he couldn't get his bullshit health care passed. Now that the Super Majority in the Senate is gone he's claiming that it's the Republicans who are the reason nothing gets passed??? Lying piece of shit.

Tha'ts all I can post. Every time I think about those assholes in D.C. my blood pressure goes through the roof. :splat:

Nice speech, nothing will happen, but that's probably a good thing.

I sensed some concern that now he might have to give some consideration of what the voters think instead of not really giving a shit while pushing his health care program through.

Let's see, up until a week ago he had a huge majority in the House and a Super Majority in the Senate yet he couldn't get his bullshit health care passed. Now that the Super Majority in the Senate is gone he's claiming that it's the Republicans who are the reason nothing gets passed??? Lying piece of shit.

Tha'ts all I can post. Every time I think about those assholes in D.C. my blood pressure goes through the roof. :splat:

I have that problem, too.

I have only watched half, and it was pretty much what I expected it would be.
The less Obama does, the better. So far, I still feel that is was the better choice. We'll see if I still fill this way a year from now.

IML Gear Cream!

Would someone please take Albob his tonic. :D

well spoken .just some more BS. its still bush's fault at least thats what the speaker of the house says

"This problem "THAT IN INHERITED" was due to the recklessness of a stimulus package passed by my predecessor. I tried to fix it with a stimulus package ten times bigger than my predecessor's. Since that only made the problem ten times worse, I want to pass ANOTHER stimulus package."

GaaaaaaaaaaaaK Goddamnit DaMayor, where's that fucking tonic?!?!? :headbang:

"This problem "THAT IN INHERITED" was due to the recklessness of a stimulus package passed by my predecessor. I tried to fix it with a stimulus package ten times bigger than my predecessor's. Since that only made the problem ten times worse, I want to pass ANOTHER stimulus package."

GaaaaaaaaaaaaK Goddamnit DaMayor, where's that fucking tonic?!?!? :headbang:

I think you got it rainman...:clapping:

Bush was not a repub like goldwater, reagan...just another poser.
what the hell the kids for the next 300years will be paying off the debt. why not another stim package. getme for anothe 300years. what the hell
people have too much money anyway..lol:evil:

it was the same old theatrical quasi choreographed skit...I highly doubt he will achieve most of what he said for two reasons:

1. Its a lie (just like his reversal of NAFTA lie during his campaign)
2. He can't get the USG as a whole to back him up

Only difference is, he has an EXCELLENT method of delivery when it comes to speeches. He can talk the talk better than any other politician out there right now, but he walks the same walk as everyone else

Well worded. Well spoken. Mostly more of the same. Odds of the objectives/programs/bills outlined being achieved..... ?

Discuss.

Nothing to discuss.

The State of the Union is a waste of time.

It's a carefully crafted propaganda speech.

Tune out.

They should not even have such a things as the "State of the Union" address.

Nothing to discuss.

The State of the Union is a waste of time.

It's a carefully crafted propaganda speech.

Tune out.

They should not even have such a things as the "State of the Union" address.

It's in the Constitution to have them.

I don't care. It's a joke.

That was back in the day before the Adverstising and marketing of parties via TV and Internet.

kind of. The Constitution does not say how often or by what means

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient"

he could send a letter if he wanted and fulfill this responsibility

The less Obama does, the better.

Agreed.

And the less any President does, the better.

And the less Congress does the better.

I think Congress should actually meet less, because when they meet all they do is pass more restrictive laws and regulations.

Agreed.

And the less any President does, the better.

And the less Congress does the better.

I think Congress should actually meet less, because when they meet all they do is pass more restrictive laws and regulations.

:thumb:

damn these rules about spreading reputation around again first.

"We need to encourage American innovation...No area is more ripe than energy...batteries...solar panels...build new generation of clean and safe power plants...Passing a comprehensive energy and climate bill...Providing incentives for clean energy and energy efficiency are the right thing to do because the nation that leads in clean energy will lead the global economy" Glad he acknowledged this....

"We will not continue tax cuts for oil companies" Whatever...

:thumbdwn:
"We need to encourage American innovation...No area is more ripe than energy...batteries...solar panels...build new generation of clean and safe power plants...Passing a comprehensive energy and climate bill...Providing incentives for clean energy and energy efficiency are the right thing to do because the nation that leads in clean energy will lead the global economy" Glad he acknowledged this....

You saying the US should lay back and let the rest of the world kick our ass in one of the fastest growing industries? Thats being pretty dense....

You saying the US should lay back and let the rest of the world kick our ass in one of the fastest growing industries? Thats being pretty dense....

I'm saying trying to make oil out as a bad guy is just cheap politics. I'm saying that capitalist economics should decide our energy policy not some yuppie, tree hugging, "look at me I'm so green" douche bag who only got elected because he wasn't george bush. anyone thinking that that paragraph in the state of the union means anything for economic policy is pretty dense

I'm saying trying to make oil out as a bad guy is just cheap politics. I'm saying that capitalist economics should decide our energy policy not some yuppie, tree hugging, "look at me I'm so green" douche bag who only got elected because he wasn't george bush. anyone thinking that that paragraph in the state of the union means anything for economic policy is pretty dense

This has nothing to do with yuppie tree hugging earth muffins and everything to do with catching up to the rest of the world in an Industry that I personally have seen grow exponentially over the 7 years I have been in the business. Solar panels, inverters, batteries, wind generators are hot products, and the Japanese and Germans lead the market, we need to step up our game, the tax incentives help to drive the market, plus it helps to create more jobs....

NUKE POWER CLEAN NO CO2...NUFF SAID..:owned:

Back