• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

i think im convinced i cant gain size

nova1970sb

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
well hell, everyone here has been really kind and helpful suggesting new things for me such as diet tips, and work out plans. but i am convinced that i just cant gain weight. when i started working out i weighed right around 170 pounds. i have been goin at it for about 4 months or so now, my lifts have gained quite a bit, for instance my bench press when i started was a weak 95 pounds and now im slightly over 200 pounds, same story with incline. and i am squating close to 250 pounds. but this morning when i got on the scale.....167.4!:geewhiz:

i am eating alot more in my day and even when i wake up at night.
i am getting, according to fitday 2491 callories a day, 97.6 grams of fat, 184.4 grams of carbs, and 221.3 grams of protien.

do any supplements out there really work? i will not do steroids, i enjoy my liver.

up your calories 2500 is not a lot of calories.

Don't get discouraged just yet. Like Ian said, just up your intake...and be thankful that you have the metabolism you have. Strength gains are good, that's progress..focus on that....and EAT.

is there a drink i can do that will give me more callories, i feel like i eat till im about to puke now.

Eat more. It's really not that complicated. Everyone that has trouble gaining weight says they "eat a ton," or some such similar statement. Well, if you increased your intake by 10%, would you gain weight? Probably slowly but surely. What about another 10%? How about another 10%? You get the picture? Eventually, you WILL gain weight. You can't just eat unlimited numbers of calories and see no change.

If you're worried about gaining fat you can increase in 10% increments and monitor weight change. If you don't mind gaining some, just eat a shit ton of food and get those calories up.

I've eaten in excess of 5000 calories per day in order to gain weight in the past. Right now, I guarantee you I would lose weight if I consumed less than 3500 calories per day. If I ate 2500 calories a day I'd be losing multiple pounds per week and starving my ass off.

is there a drink i can do that will give me more callories, i feel like i eat till im about to puke now.

If consuming liquid calories helps you get in what you need then go for it. I usually have a shake or so each day myself, though it's really for more of the convenience factor. Either way, you have to figure out a way; there is no way around it.

You can also try gradually increasing calories like I said. Add 100 calories a week each day until you start to see some noticeable weight gains. You will adapt to it. I used to have to force feed myself. It's not pleasant, but hey, it's what it takes with some people depending on how their body regulates appetite.

well hell, everyone here has been really kind and helpful suggesting new things for me such as diet tips, and work out plans. but i am convinced that i just cant gain weight.

Then it's probably true...

Really... you claim you cannot gain weight and you are barely eating anything. Up your calories to AT LEAST 3500... I am eating 4200+ a day right now, and was eating closer to 5000 and i went from 170 to 195 in under 4 months.

IML Gear Cream!
Encouraging words, lol.:D

Hey Nova...what are you eating? Not how much....What kinds of food? Sometimes it isn't about quantity, it's about caloric density.

I think in this case, it's purely the amount. 2500 calories is enough to feed a sedentary lard ass, not an active individual looking to gain muscle.

I think in this case, it's purely the amount. 2500 calories is enough to feed a sedentary lard ass, not an active individual looking to gain muscle.

The amount of food and the amount of calories are two different things. I gathered from what he said that he felt as if he were stuffing himself, or having to eat too often. This could be remedied to a degree by adjusting the type of foods.
Either way, I think it would be helpful if nova gave us an idea of what he's been eating.

ive been wanted to bulk up, and i am really in to making things easy. and i do not get that much enjoyment out of food anyway so i eat the same thing everyday, like clockwork.

day starts out
5 eggs (3 whites, 2 whole)
protien shake w/milk

peanut butter and jelly sandwich (whole wheat bread, low fat pb, sugar free jelly)

.5 lb of either turkey or roast beef lunch meat and 2 large handfuls of raw veggies (cauliflower broccoli and carrots)

another pbj

whole can of albacore tuna

chicken breast spaghetti with whole wheat noodles and red sauce, and more veggies. (sometimes when i want to spoil myself i have a seared steak, and a large baked potato but that is rare)

protien shake with milk

edit i did not add my protien shakes to fit day when i got the callories and all that.

so add 400 callories 8g fat 8g carb and 72g protien

not sure where u get 96g of fat with those????

why low fat pb?

You need fats, fats are more important that carbs. I was stuck at 205 for the longest time, I changed one thing, "the greatest discovery of 2009" I call it, thanks to Built. OLIVE OIL SHOTS. drink that shit down! I put on 20 lbs in a matter of months. 2-4oz a day. you would be suprized how easy and healthy it is.

go with extra virgin, light tasting, choose a bottle that has a nice green color to it.

4 oz olive oil = 1000 good calories.

Last edited:
Here's your solution:

• Whole eggs. No more "just egg whites"
  • Full-fat natural peanut butter. The monounsaturated fat will help your boys turn cholesterol into testosterone and the fat will help you grow.
  • White rice and white flour - no more whole grains. They're too filling.
  • Red meat - I eat it daily and so should you. Cheaper cuts are fine, the more fat the better.
  • Olive oil - knock back a tablespoon before each of your shakes and you'll get some good, healthy, testosterone-building fat with a nice healthy boost of calories every time
  • Butter your veggies - steamed broccoli or cauliflower slathered in natural butter is lovely - and healthy; the fat helps you get more nutrients out of veggies and broccoli helps clear estrogen out of your body.

Here's your solution:

• Full-fat natural peanut butter. The monounsaturated fat will help your boys turn cholesterol into testosterone and the fat will help you grow.
  • Red meat - I eat it daily and so should you. Cheaper cuts are fine, the more fat the better.
  • Olive oil - knock back a tablespoon before each of your shakes and you'll get some good, healthy, testosterone-building fat with a nice healthy boost of calories every time
  • Butter your veggies - steamed broccoli or cauliflower slathered in natural butter is lovely - and healthy; the fat helps you get more nutrients out of veggies and broccoli helps clear estrogen out of your body.

4 oz too much? lol

IML Gear Cream!
Here's your solution:

so dont eat whole wheat bread or whole wheat noodles? that goes against just about all that i have heard. but i am willing to give anything a shot! thanks for the info.

so dont eat whole wheat bread or whole wheat noodles? that goes against just about all that i have heard. but i am willing to give anything a shot! thanks for the info.

Dude, you're trying to GAIN. You'll have plenty of time to re-vamp your diet in the long run. In fact, I'll throw you an impromtu bone....

From DaMayor to the Hardgainer...

Ingredients
1 stick butter
1 Pint Heavy Cream or ½ & ½
corn starch
penne rigate, rotini???doesn???t matter, just a substantial tubular pasta
peppers
onions
GARLIC
Dried mustard
White cheese???grated havarti, mozzarella, jack, whatever.
Boneless, skinless Salmon fillets???fresh or IQF, whatever???chum will do.
(Just NOT the canned junk! You???re going to cube these bad boys.)

For the bastardized Béchamel sauce

Over medium flame (or heat) warm butter in a medium saucepan until melted, gradually whisk in cream. As this reaches the boil throw in a hand full of grated cheese. On the side, mix about ½ cup corn starch with luke warm water..just enugh to dissolve. Once blended, while whisking back and forth, pour a thin ribbon into the sauce. Continue whisking until the sauce begins to thicken. (keep some cream near by in the case that the sauce thickens too quickly). If this happens, whisk in more cream. Add a pinch or two of dried mustard and as much garlic as you prefer. Salt and pepper to taste as well.
When the sauce is nice and thick, (thicker than alfredo but thinner than sheetrock mud) turn heat to low while you prep the other ingredients.

The Other Stuff

Par-cook the pasta. If the time on the box says cook for 11 minutes, cook it for 7 minutes. You want it to be al dente???drain, toss in a little EVOO, and hold.

Slice the salmon fillets into ¾ to 1??? cubes.

Slice the onions and peppers into fine ribbons.

In a large bowl, container, whatever, combine the pasta, the veggies and the salmon. Pour the béchamel over these ingredients and fold until well coated???.add more cheese if you like. Fold the mixture into a casserole dish, pan, or whatever you have on hand that is oven friendly. Top with cheese generously, and bake @ 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes.​

Don't ask me what the dietary info is like....It will make you GAIN..trust me.:nerd:

The amount of food and the amount of calories are two different things. I gathered from what he said that he felt as if he were stuffing himself, or having to eat too often. This could be remedied to a degree by adjusting the type of foods.
Either way, I think it would be helpful if nova gave us an idea of what he's been eating.

Ah, I see what you're getting at. Eat more calorie dense foods so he doesn't feel like he has to force feed himself. I agree!

Peanut butter is my favorite calorie pumping machine. I could easily eat a jar a day, though I refrain from that, haha.

Ah, I see what you're getting at. Eat more calorie dense foods so he doesn't feel like he has to force feed himself. I agree!

Peanut butter is my favorite calorie pumping machine. I could easily eat a jar a day, though I refrain from that, haha.

Exactly.

Peanut butter....Man, I really REALLY like peanut butter..if nothing else, lol.

In general, men feel "fuller" on higher-volume food, while women in general feel fuller on higher-fat food. Personally, I cut on high-fat food because it's more satiating, but this is often NOT the case for men, who need the feeling of "volumetric fullness" to feel fed.

Now SOME women feel fuller on this type of diet, too - and some men find a higher-fat diet more satiating. I'm speaking very generally here. But this is often true - and often maddening when a skinny guy who "can't gain" eats exactly the same way as his girlfriend who "can't lose": she's hungry on the lower-fat diet and overeats, while he's too full on the higher-volume of food that comes along for the ride on a low-fat diet.

As an aside, fatter people often find a higher-fat diet more satiating - hence the frequent success of the Atkins diet among the obese. (On Atkins, you get 65-80% of calories from fat and less than 10% of calories from carbohydrate - and this was the only diet I could tolerate when I was dieting down from my own former obesity)

Back to you - the whole-wheat stuff isn't that much more nutritious than white, and you may find it too filling to get in all that fibre. Currently, you're eating a high-volume, low-calorie diet that fills you up and prevents you from overeating.

There is no way you can gain unless you find a way to get in more calories than you require - and this means calorie-dense food that won't fill you as much.

Everyone has offered a lot of good info.

As most others have said, you need to eat more - plain and simple.

2500 calories/day is not a lot for a male who weight trains regularly. I eat 3k to maintain and 3500-4500 to put on mass depending on how long I stay at a hyper-caloric level. I have even been up to 5k for extended periods of time (multiple months).

If your goal is to put on size you have to treat your eating behavior as you do your training. For "hard-gainers", eating needs to be programmed, progressive and consistent. Those three principles apply to anyone, but especially for people who find it hard to put on weight.

Programmed meaning you have a set idea of what you are eating. You know what you are going to do and there is little guess room.

Progressive
meaning the more weight you put on, the more you will have to eat to continue putting it on. This is because you will expend more calories per day to maintain the lean mass that is added to your body

Consistent meaning you have to do this nearly everyday. Consistency is the hardest part for many.

I have fast food everyday nearly just to bump up the cals. I cook with extra servings of EVOO, put 2 capfuls in my protein shakes which i take every morning or sometimes before bed for the daily creatine.

i went and got some olive oil today, man that was a nasty shot, but i will do it. twice a day. hopefully that will start to help.

so new question i am eating about 2900 callories a day after my protien shakes and adding the 2 ounces of olive oil, so that makes 3380 callories, do you think i will see size gains on that over what i have been? or do i need to eat the 5k callories people here are talking about, cause i cant afford that!

Add in two tablespoons of peanut butter a day and you should be set for a bit. Its cheap and easy. Just eat a spoonful upon waking and before sleeping. It really depends on how fast you want to gain, jump up to 4500-5000 calories and you could gain almost 5 lbs a week, or you could stay around 3500-3800 and gain slower..

OK, here we go again.

Eat what you like. Forget about all the suggestions about what YOU should eat, IMHO.

I battled a hell others can not imagine. I was undiagnosed with Graves for a DECADE.

Now it is under control. I still need 4000 cal a day to maintain an intense metabolize and a steady weight. To gain weight I down large amounts of food others here would never touch. I like dark beers and cheese cake.

: )

Back