• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need some advice from any fellow riders out there(motorcycle/leg strength)

1_v8_Merc

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hopefully this is in the best section for this.....
--------

Well this is going to sound kind of silly, but Im new to riding motorcycles, and I just bought a new bike. Actually it's not new, it's a classic bike, but this little sucker weighs well over 500lbs without me on it, and is VERY top heavy for it's size.

I weigh around 160lbs.

Anyways, I hate to admit it, but this thing is a little too unbalanced/heavy for me to handle with ease sometimes.....

I REALLY need to bulk up my legs fast before summer hits....

Basically, I'm hoping to find some other riders out there(bicycle OR motorcycle), maybe you guys have some exercises that are good for handling this bike better while sitting on it and trying to walk it out of the garage or walk it into a parking spot,etc....

Im thinking maybe Lunges, and some quad extensions, maybe some squats?

I have no problems handling it with my upper body, one of my buddies dropped it by accident, I had no problems picking it up all.

I have no problems riding it at all.

It's just my Legs are a little out of shape......

Which exercises should I concentrate on?

Cant go wrong with back squats and deadlifts.
Of course as with any training program you are going to have to track your diet.
Training won't do anything without proper nutrition & rest.

Check out the link in my signature on getting started then ask more specific questions from there.

Always glad to help out a fellow rider! Ok, a couple things:

1. Squats are king. You will not only strengthen your legs, but your entire core with these.

2. Lunges and Deads are great for lower body conditioning also.

Here is the most important one

3. Your legs really have nothing to do with holding up the bike. My girlfriend has a sporty that has a dry weight of 550lbs. She can hold it up easily, and she is 5 foot 97lbs. I promise you are stronger than her! Its all about balance. I would HIGHLY recommend riding around your yard a bit, and get used to stopping and starting on different grades. Uphill, downhill, on a slant. This will help you a lot in learning to balance your bike, and if you DO drop it, its not a big deal in the grass.

If you can afford a training class where they have bikes for you to ride, I also HIGHLY recommend attending one. The usual cost is about 250 bucks. Don't feel like you are above it, I rode for 13 years before I attended one and I learned so much! They really focus on slow operation and clutch control, which is where you would struggle a little.

Good luck man! Get some wind in your hair! (if so allowed in your state)

Thanks alot jMorrison!( and m11)

Its an 82 Suzuki GS650, i bought it not really knowing much about bikes at all.
I used to drag race growing up and i've been working on cars since I can remember walking, lol.
So i've put a lot of hours in this bike, cleaning the gas tank, rebuilt the carbs, cleaning the engine up, replacing all the fluids, tons of other stuff i can't even remember at the moment.

I gotta admit, im hooked! I already want another bike.....they are so easy to work on, compared to cars.

I plan on taking the MSF course, I just have to wait another month or two.

I've taken the bike around my buddies yard a bunch of times, i can get it up to 25 or 30, he's got around 20 acres or so to ride around on.

Even had to push-start the bike a few times!(battery died)....WOW what a workout.

Thanks alot jMorrison!( and m11)

Its an 82 Suzuki GS650, i bought it not really knowing much about bikes at all.
I used to drag race growing up and i've been working on cars since I can remember walking, lol.
So i've put a lot of hours in this bike, cleaning the gas tank, rebuilt the carbs, cleaning the engine up, replacing all the fluids, tons of other stuff i can't even remember at the moment.

I gotta admit, im hooked! I already want another bike.....they are so easy to work on, compared to cars.

I plan on taking the MSF course, I just have to wait another month or two.

I've taken the bike around my buddies yard a bunch of times, i can get it up to 25 or 30, he's got around 20 acres or so to ride around on.

Even had to push-start the bike a few times!(battery died)....WOW what a workout.

As JMorrison said, your leg strength don't have much to do to balance the bike. I am 5'5 150lbs and have no problem handling my 700lbs bike. There are also some neat tricks to lift the bike if you drop it. MSF course is a must get it done ASAP. You can also check the Ride like a Pro video and practice it at your friends place.

Back