• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Chilean earthquake may have shortened earth day by microsecond: NASA.....

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
.....and P-Funk is now an inch shorter! :mooh:

The quake that rocked the South American nation may have also knocked the Earth off its axis.
The 8.8-magnitude earthquake near Chile may have also made our planet's days shorter, according to NASA scientist Richard Gross.
A minor change in the Earth???s axis isn't expected to alter much in terms of weather. The planet's tilt influences the seasons, allowing for winter, spring, summer and fall, and it would take a far greater change in the Earth's axis to affect them.
The Chile quake may have moved the Earth???s axis by about 3 inches, Gross said.
The quake also shortened the day by 1.26 microseconds, the scientist determined, using a complex model he and others developed.
The Earth's rotation was likely affected by the shift in the planet's mass, which could cause it to spin faster.
Scientists believe other quakes, such as the 2004 9.1-magnitude earthquake in Sumatra, have also decreased the Earth's day. That quake is believed to have shortened it by 6.8 microseconds, and altered the axis by nearly 7 inches.
msheridan@nydailynews.com

That's pretty fuckin' awesome if ya ask me.

So a bunch of Mexicans stole something? Where's the news?

I jest! I jest!

I also want to go on the record stating that this news is pantently false.

It's be proven by many, many people that nothing on this planet ever changes unless it caused by mankind. Not the weather, not the oceans currents, and certainly not the the time of day.

Ever.

Now that you mention it, I thought it got darker a little earlier last night. :mooh:

Watch out another million of these and our poles will shift.....

By the way I farted the other day and corrected the microsecond time difference....

I also want to go on the record stating that this news is pantently false.

It's be proven by many, many people that nothing on this planet ever changes unless it caused by mankind. Not the weather, not the oceans currents, and certainly not the the time of day.

Ever.

Yeah... Darwin... what a kook! Him and his rediculous "evolution" theories! :nerd:

This means increased centrifugal force, I assume. You all weigh infinitesimally less and can lift infinitesimally more!!!

Is there proof of these shifts via GPS? I'd assume the sats maintain their orbit....or is there some minute change in gravity that knocks them off too?

Plus you have the lunar laser and satellite laser range finders, they must be able to prove some shift, I mean 3 inches plus 7 in 2004 that's nearly a foot of change.....

IML Gear Cream!
That sounds kind of significant, even though a time zone is much greater than a few inches.

Back