• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

HELP !!!! with bulking up

EZDUZIT62

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
could use a serious bulking routine
looking to gain size all over
having a hard time changing my routine

Use Baby got Back by Built. Works wonders. You're going to have to post your diet, and tell whether you're on gear or natty to make a better definitive answer to your question. Also how old are you?

Also gonna need to see your training routine.

thanx guys for the advice
I'M 47 wheigh 194 with like 22 bmi...supplements are protein,creatine,,,bcaa's,,jacked for my nitro....my diet is healthy, but struggle to get my calories in..if i'm keeping track i just barely make 2,000
my workout doesn't vary much at all....chest,with tri's or bi's..one day (bench,incline,usually with bar,,,flys, pullovers}
back with ,tri's or bi's the next day { wide and reverse pull downs,seated rows,mainly..mix in others sumtimes...}
shoulders next day {presses,shrugs.upright rows,front and lateral raises}
legs next {hack squats.leg presses,extensions, and curls}
thats pretty much it...been working out consistently for past 2 yrs.
but with no real plan...would like to see where i can go wit it

In a nutshell....

-use primarily or exclusively compound lifts (until you're ready to "fine-tune" muscles needing further work)
-use primarily or exclusively free-weight exercises...if you run out of free weight options for something or are bored then incorporate machines...sparingly
-give plenty of rest time for muscle recovery and glycogen to restore in your muscles (to ensure good performance)
-periodize (i.e. each week use a different rep range and corresponding intensity...intensity in the sense of a value or percentage of your 1 rep max)
-eat over your maintenance calories (i.e. calories to maintain current bodyweight) so your body can create new tissue
-determine your needed macros (ratio of % of calories coming from protein/carbs/fat...everyone's different, but remember you generally should provide at least 1g protein/lb bodyweight
-eat whole foods
-eat frequently (i.e. every 1.5-3 hours tops)
-drinks lots of waters
-cover all vitamins and minerals (invest in a complete multivitamin....not bad, like 30$ for a month and a half of pills)
-drinks lots of water
-stretch AFTER workouts
-warmup before working (foam rollers, static stretch (if needed), mobility, active warmup, exercise-specific warmup...etc)
-plan goals...plan goals for each session
-plan with programs
-don't train "muscle groups"...train in terms of planes of motion (to determine this, all you ask yourself is: what's the target muscle? even if it's compound, there's USUALLY (power lifts excluded) a target muscle..like pecs on bench press or quads on sqauts...during the concentric portion of the lift (i.e. the portion where that muscle is contracting..in a bench that's when you're lifting the weight UP...in a row it's when you're pulling it towards you...pullups when you're pulling yourself up)....are you: pushing the object AWAY from your torso in a horizontal/vertical plane or are you pulling it towards your torso in a horizontal/vertical plane? for legs, it's simpler...are you pushing or pulling the object from your torso?)
-upper vertical push
-upper vertical pull
-upper horiztonal push
-upper horiztonal pull
-lower push
-lower pull
-anything else is supplementary/optional..though it'd be wise to do direct calf training ;) this will cover absolutely every muscle in the body...don't worry...your biceps won't shrink without curls..I haven't curled since September, and my biceps are about 50% bigger since then (from heavy compound pulls...)
-incorporate advanced techniques, if desired (e.g. negatives, pause-reps, supersets, etc)
-SQUATS
-DEADLIFTS
-use proper form
-don't "lock out" a joint on a push movement
-if possible, have a training partner....and I don't mean someone who will lift the bar when you can't bench it..I mean someone who cares about your success..someone who tracks your performance..or at least makes mental notes...someone who will say "that's great! your 10th rep eccentric was controlled this week!"
-while you will likely increase in BF (and don't be afraid to rise into double digits..it's inevitable) don't use this as an excuse to get fat....my belief is as long as your diet is consistent and balanced it's perfectly fine to indulge in "cheat meals" once or even twice a week...just remember to stay on track...it's all about mindset
-veges....raw
-microwaves....stay away from them
-abs....dont do situps and crunches...if you must...stabalizing and twisting movements

gym etiquette

.....unless performing any varation of squats, deadlifts, cleans, rows, or any other important compound lift which, because of unavailable equipement, demands that you need the power cage/squat rack....please...PLEASE stay out of there...it's not a place for (1.) arm curls (2.) shrugs, (3.) wrist curls, (4.) Impractical ball balancing exercises..etc
-grunt or whatever if you must, but don't do it to look intense
-don't stand and stare at lifters when waiting for equipment (unless they're dumbasses using it wrong or stupidly)
-if you decide to do isolations like curls and shrugs, don't do them standing right in front of the DB rack
-don't use the olympic bars from isolation exercises...grab a regular BB
-check your ego at the door....no one cares about over-loaded quarter squats any more than 37 rep preacher curl sets supersetted with semi-kickbacks

aaaandd

-you can't isolation upper, mid, or lower chest...it works as one muscle...you can change the angle for a slight more emphasis but really it's just to provide variety for chest growth stimulation
-you can't burn fat in certain regions of the body by working them...fat burns from everywhere..certain parts will lean out before others...this is determined by genetics and body type..just go with it
-protein powder: isolate = fast burner..complex = slow-burner
-incomplete proteins...combine
-grains with legumes
-grains with seeds
-grains with milk products
-cholesterol: HDL = good...LDL = bad
-fat: monounsaturated (omega 9) = very good, polyunsaturated (omega 3 and 6) = good, saturated = OK in relatively small doses, trans = BAD
-1g protein/1g carbs = 4 calories
-1g fat = 9 calories
-glucoose (carbs) = muscles main source of fuel
-cutting....diet = weight loss...cardio = heart and lung health
-steroids = small balls, zits, and Jay Cutler
-stress = cortisol production = fat production and muscle growth inhibition
-neutral back = healthy spine...rounded back = lots of stress on spine
-caffeine in small doses = more alertness, mild dehydration, small boost in testosterone, increased heart rate, increase circulation
-caffeine in large doses = severe dehydration, adrenal fatigue, testosterone inhibition
-ZMA = helps only if deficient in zinc, magensium, vitamin B12
-sore muscles = no real indication of good or bad workout...let the performance be your measure
-gloves = no natural grip
-barehand = natural grip
-supinated grip = -palms facing you
-pronated grip = palms away
-neutral grip = palms facing each other
-alternate grip = one sup/one pro (helps when lifting heavy loads on deadlifts...avoid for upper pull exercises, as this increases/decreases bicep involvement depending onthe grip..use one or the other)
-trouble with rows? biceps fatiguing before back? tuck your thumb in so your hooking rather than gripping
-wider stance on squats = heavier on hams...toes out = heavier on adductors
-calves...toes in = more emphasis on outer...toes out = more emphasis on inner....straight leg = harder on gastrocnemius (visible muscle)...bent leg = emphasis on soleus (underneath...60% of calf mass)

Okay I need to stop this....

Last edited:
Squat, deadlift, stuff yourself with food, and sleep.

Ummm... yeah. I'm not sure there's anything else anyone can add at this point. Phineas pretty much nailed it. :clapping:

Ummm... yeah. I'm not sure there's anything else anyone can add at this point. Phineas pretty much nailed it. :clapping:

I was intending to make about 10 bullet points for basics, but it turned inta a monster post!

We must alert the authorities....I fear it may consume us all!! *gasp

Phineas = :loser2:

OR!!!

Phineas = :paddle: ?????? (that means badass)

yaaa..I'm badass.

Baby Got Back
Eat lots of food
Don't eat clean - you're not gaining because you're too full. White bread, white pasta, white rice.
Olive oil shots are your friends. Easy calories.

Enjoy your gains. :)

I was intending to make about 10 bullet points for basics, but it turned inta a monster post!

We must alert the authorities....I fear it may consume us all!! *gasp

Phineas = :loser2:

OR!!!

Phineas = :paddle: ?????? (that means badass)

yaaa..I'm badass.

LMAO!
Well... badass... lucky for you, you know your shit! :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
HEY ,,FMJ,,thanx for the response ,,I guess I'm In the wrong spot..I'M looking for a spacific routine to follow
I want to follow sumtin on paper for the next 2 months or so
thanx again FMJ,,you too PHINEAS,,may take alil while to read yours..lol

HEY ,,FMJ,,thanx for the response ,,I guess I'm In the wrong spot..I'M looking for a spacific routine to follow
I want to follow sumtin on paper for the next 2 months or so
thanx again FMJ,,you too PHINEAS,,may take alil while to read yours..lol

Welcome bro.. but thank Phin. I didn't do anything 'cept agree with him. :D

Baby Got Back
Eat lots of food
Don't eat clean - you're not gaining because you're too full. White bread, white pasta, white rice.
Olive oil shots are your friends. Easy calories.

Enjoy your gains. :)

thanx built
You're welcome. You DID see the link to that workout, right? Trust me, do what I posted for two months and you'll see gains.

thanx guys for the advice
I'M 47 wheigh 194 with like 22 bmi...

How tall are you and what is your %BF? You may want to cut some weight and lose some fat first before you begin bulking.

If your not incorporating dips pull ups and push ups into your routine, start doing it. . I start off with reps, then heavy then drop the weight and do reps in a lot of my workouts. I dont feel I'm really working a muscle until I feel one hell of a burn. That's what I strive for in every workout, feel the burn in every muscle you are working. Change it up too, work your muscles from different exercise. Lets face it, Then main ingredient in building a good body is working out. Some would argue diet, but you will only get fat if your not working out. Bust your ass, tear your muscles up. You'll get ripped.

If your not incorporating dips pull ups and push ups into your routine, start doing it. . I start off with reps, then heavy then drop the weight and do reps in a lot of my workouts. I dont feel I'm really working a muscle until I feel one hell of a burn. That's what I strive for in every workout, feel the burn in every muscle you are working. Change it up too, work your muscles from different exercise. Lets face it, Then main ingredient in building a good body is working out. Some would argue diet, but you will only get fat if your not working out. Bust your ass, tear your muscles up. You'll get ripped.

Tisk tisk! You don't need to "feel the burn" in order to know if a training session was productive or not. A good pump or build up of lactic acid isn't indicative of an effective workout. Also, diet is just as important if not moreso than the exercises. You will not build muscle no matter how hard you train if you don't have your diet in place. Also, you will NOT get fat if you don't work as long as your diet is in order. Also, you will not lose your fat if your diet is not in order.
See? Diet is important.

In short:

Train correctly
Eat a lot
Sleep a lot

There's not much more to gaining muscle.

Tisk tisk! You don't need to "feel the burn" in order to know if a training session was productive or not. A good pump or build up of lactic acid isn't indicative of an effective workout. Also, diet is just as important if not moreso than the exercises. You will not build muscle no matter how hard you train if you don't have your diet in place. Also, you will NOT get fat if you don't work as long as your diet is in order. Also, you will not lose your fat if your diet is not in order.
See? Diet is important.
Exactly I used to think that way to but now at 30 several injuries later I came to the glorious revalation that one does not infact need to kill oneself to achieve a good workout

Back