• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

DiscountSupplements.com pulls advertising from RxMuscle.com

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
by Anthony Roberts

I???ll update this as I receive more information, but for right now, it appears that my prediction has come true, and DiscountSupplements.com has pulled their advertising from RxMuscle.com. I told John Romano that this was going to happen, and I told him more than once. I cited the company???s history of pulling advertising from numerous sites after only a few months (EliteFitness.com, etc???), and cited the owner of the company???s inability to live up to his end a deal, or even be remotely honest in his business practices.

The members of RxMuscle protested openly and loudly against the new sponsor???and clearly they made their voices heard by refusing to patronize a business owned by such a dishonest person. And now, predictably, the advertising has been pulled. I hate* to say I told you so, but I did, and by getting involved with such a disreputable, dishonest person, John and Dave have sacrificed some of their credibility in the process???for a measly couple of months worth of advertising revenue.

Of course DiscountSupplements.com is now running around saying that advertising on RxMuscle wasn???t generating the revenue it should have, that it???s not worth the money, that they didn???t live up to their end of the agreement (by censoring members more heavily), and that their numbers are falsely inflated. So not only did they lose an advertiser, but they???re going to have a more difficult time finding new ones, I suspect, because now they???re being badmouthed. Multiply this by the fact that they lost a couple of dozen members who walked away with a very sour taste in their mouth, and who are now trashing them all over the place???.well, bringing DiscountSupplements.com on as an advertiser will end up costing them far more than they???ve earned in revenue.

I won???t belabor my point(s) here, but suffice it to say, they lost a lot of respect from a lot of people by getting involved with DiscountSupplements.com, and I???m not just talking about the membership of their own message board (who deserve a public apology) but also a majority of people who work in the industry.

I???m hoping they learned a lesson, and move forward with more attention to the businesses they choose to associate themselves with.

source

by Anthony Roberts
(snip)

Of course DiscountSupplements.com is now running around saying that advertising on RxMuscle wasn’t generating the revenue it should have, that it’s not worth the money, that they didn’t live up to their end of the agreement (by censoring members more heavily), and that their numbers are falsely inflated. So not only did they lose an advertiser, but they’re going to have a more difficult time finding new ones, I suspect, because now they’re being badmouthed. Multiply this by the fact that they lost a couple of dozen members who walked away with a very sour taste in their mouth, and who are now trashing them all over the place….(snip)

source

Certain members clearly needed some censoring as they obviously couldn't censor themselves.

Never purchased from DiscountSupplements.com but I definitely saw the company's advertising banner on the Rx site.

I purchase Species supplements directly from the company, will occasionally shop the local GNC, and I've made several purchases from Bodybuilding.com for my supplement needs or wants.

And those "couple of dozen members" didn't walk away. They were banned due to their own idiocy. It's been a year and change since Rx Muscle launched and that site's pit (a subforum which has been deleted) deteriorated into an area focused on racism, homophobic and misogynistic rants, as well as some of the crudest "humor" imaginable.

Many Rx Muscle members applauded the closure of that area of the site.

I was disappointed that some of the tamer content (a funny pics section, metal thread, and more), wasn't transferred to different subforums before the hard delete was performed on the pit, however it was the site owner's choice and so I won't argue with the man paying the bills.

Back