• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Horrible headaches during lifting... Plz Help!

New_Lifter

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Just starting about 1 week ago, whenever I try to lift heavy weights, I instantly get a massive headache sort of like a migrane. Its really bad and it hurts enough to stop me from working out... it goes away when I stop lifting though... if anyone has any ideas about what to do please post, Thnx...

does this happen any other times besides working out, like other physical activities. it might be blood pressure related.

Practice proper breathing (and don't grit your teeth!).

You are probably straining very hard, gritting your teeth and holding your breath. Concentrate on proper breathing during each exercise, each rep, each movement.

Don't take my advice as gospel though. I think there are others on this BBS who may be able to help you better.

Tank, it seems to happen whenever I do strenuous activity, and I do sort of hold my breath while lifting so I will try breating right also... thnx guys

Breathing is important to avoid injury and high blood pressure spikes, you may want to consider getting it checked as well.

If its "sort of like a migrane" that means you have a history of migranes. You might be triggering the migranes with something you are doing, eating,... I usually get headaches when the weather changes like before a cold front comes through. Freaky, stupid little headaches are so bad sometimes that I've got to stop working out and go take aspirin.

Hope you find the answer soon.

About 20 years ago I felt a pop in my head while doing some heavy leg extensions (holding my breath) followed by a bad headache. For a few days afterward I would get a headache whenever I would strain with anything. After laying off for a couple weeks and breathing correctly duing exercise from that point on I have never had the problem come back. Definitely get it checked out if it does not clear up soon. Good luck.

Make sure your drinking enough water as well. I get a headache sometimes if I'm dehydrated. Good luck!

Thnx for all the replies guys, Im gonna take some time off and get it checked by an MD. Thnx again

Originally posted by dgl
About 20 years ago I felt a pop in my head while doing some heavy leg extensions (holding my breath) followed by a bad headache. For a few days afterward I would get a headache whenever I would strain with anything. After laying off for a couple weeks and breathing correctly duing exercise from that point on I have never had the problem come back. Definitely get it checked out if it does not clear up soon. Good luck.

Jesus man sounds like you had an anyurism of some sort ( a blood vessel popping in yer head, possibly leading to stroke or instant death) did you ever get checked out by a doc?? that would scared the crap outta me.

IML Gear Cream!
Pop

I was a teenager at the time and did not know better. Never went to the doctor but others have said the same thing as you have. Since that time I never hold my breath while straining during lifting or anything.

anyurism?? It better not be! they said I might have to go in for a CT scan or something, but it does seem to be clearing up as of lately... i havent been lifting for about 1 week.

Back