• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Eating Bananas

kyle64

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I love Bananas and I know they are great source of potassium, a friend today told me an average banana has 8 tsp of sugar :scared:

This sucks ass, this means I am getting 32 tsp of sugar daily from eating 4 bananas.

What do you guys think? I would hate to toss this great food!

Bananas are good to eat in the morning or before any kind of exercise..
Just avoid them before you go to sleep or are sitting down watching youtube lol

I am not worried about their calories because I count my calories and they are included in my diet but at my age I worry about a lot of sugar causing me diabetes.

Sugar doesn't directly cause diabetes. DM is a disorder that is categorized by a high degree of insulin resistance and both Type 1 and Type 2 are a result of a variety of factors. The most likely reason why one would develop Type 2 would be obesity. As you lean out, your risk will decrease.

Although there is evidence to suggest that 'excessive' intake of fructose can have a detrimental affect on insulin resistance, maintaining a 'moderate' intake is acceptable. Your liver can hold about 50g at a time. This seems to be a reasonable amount to take in each day.

Bananas are good to eat in the morning or before any kind of exercise..
Just avoid them before you go to sleep or are sitting down watching youtube lol

Not another "don't eat before bed" comment...we just discussed this myth in another thread.

I also heard 1 banana a day is all someone should eat.

If you eat the banana in the right time, you don´t have problemes. Eat in the breaksfast or before work. And the sugars of banana is diferent of white sugars, they are better.

I also heard 1 banana a day is all someone should eat.

It's a matter of affording the calories. Bananas are essentially just fructose and glucose. The same glucose that you find in any other carb source and the fructose you find in table sugar and other fruits.

If you eat the banana in the right time, you don´t have problemes. Eat in the breaksfast or before work. And the sugars of banana is diferent of white sugars, they are better.

Nutrient intake timing is very much a matter of preference. Some people respond favorably to carbs and are able to feel full whenever they eat them, some feel more hungry than before they ate the carbs. There is no rule.

The sugars in the banana are actually identical to white sugar (table sugar). Bananas contain fructose and glucose while white sugar is sucrose. The sucrose breaks down into fructose and glucose.

m11, you never cease to amaze me.

... And the sugars of banana is diferent of white sugars, they are better.

Yep. Fructose has a lower glycemic index than sucrose (white sugar)!

Back