• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Health Care Bill

Pirate!

Gatekepper
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Can someone provide a link or pdf to the exact bill that is to be voted on? There is so much misinformation in the media, and I'd like to anylize the actual bill.

Good luck reading this crap. I have and there are some good points and many many more bad points depending on what type of situation you're currently in. There' so much govt fat and B.S. in here that doesn't reduce cost of health care one bit. Additionally there is a lot of reference to other pieces of legislature you need to have to decipher much of it.

It's a shame the government has been vilifying insurance companies in error to tug at the hearts of the American people. None of us like insurance companies because they can sometimes suck however the people need to put emotions aside and look at the realities and at what this bill is really going to do to this country.

It's not the insurance company that charges $4K for an MRI, $8K for a CAT scan or in my case $300,000 for a 5 way bypass and 7 days in the hospital (which by the way it was $5,000 per day for the hospital room only!!) The hospitals charge the exorbitant fees and and cry it's because of all the staff, operating costs and of course the R&D that went into the products your using. ($89.00 for a box of tissues!!??) give me a break. That's where they need cost controls. Oh well enough of my soap box/opinion.

Here's a couple Pro/Con's from this fiasco. You'll need to read/interpret the rest on your own.

Positive:
A. It expands Medicaid eligibility for low-income individuals and families.
b. It allows a new tax credit for small business employers who provide health care coverage to their employees.

Negative
A. Creation of 16,000 IRS jobs to review your insurance to make sure it meet the governments level of health care and administer you a fine if it doesn't. (This one was on the news this morning)
B. It imposes a surtax on individuals who do not obtain health care coverage. (So now all the 20 somethings that pay as they go to the doctor will now have to pony up for an insurance plan or pay a $3000-$5000 fine)
C. The new tax credit does not offset the administrative burden of small business owners in providing health care coverage for their employers. Employers will be able to pay a penalty of $750 per employee to stop funding employer based health plans. (basically forcing all health care to be obtained from the government putting 250,000+ people in the insurance industry out of a job).

This is a link to multiple documents pertaining to health care. Fact Checking the White House | Fix Health Care Policy

Senate bill that was passed.:
http://democrats.senate.gov/reform/patient-protection-affordable-care-act-as-passed.pdf

The House Bill:
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3962pcs.txt.pdf

Differences between House and Senate bills:
http://www.politico.com/static/PPM136_100104_health_reform_conference.html

Link to Senator Reids massive 2074 page monstrosity.
http://democrats.senate.gov/reform/patient-protection-affordable-care-act.pdf

ENJOY!!!

it won't be posted until (if) it passes..

Exactly, Pelosi the C***, even said, we have to hurry and pass it so we can ALL find out whats in it!!! Nothin like gettin crap forced down your throat!!!

Exactly, Pelosi the C***, even said, we have to hurry and pass it so we can ALL find out whats in it!!! Nothin like gettin crap forced down your throat!!!

YEP most didn't catch that when she said it..we might be fucted:coffee::coffee:

Thanks, twarrior!

B. It imposes a surtax on individuals who do not obtain health care coverage. (So now all the 20 somethings that pay as they go to the doctor will now have to pony up for an insurance plan or pay a $3000-$5000 fine)

So this will be handled through income tax?

If this thing passes, he'll have done more fiscal damage to the US than Georgie did by waging two wars.

I hope someone puts a bullet in that fucker.

Thanks, twarrior!

So this will be handled through income tax?

your looking at everone that works...all incomes will pay high taxes:coffee::coffee:

He was right when he said he would change politics as we know it. We now have Chicago style politics in DC. Looks like they've finally bribed enough members of their own party to get this disaster rammed down our throats. Too bad some patriot couldn't have assassinated him on the campaign trail.

IML Gear Cream!
He was right when he said he would change politics as we know it. We now have Chicago style politics in DC. Looks like they've finally bribed enough members of their own party to get this disaster rammed down our throats. Too bad some patriot couldn't have assassinated him on the campaign trail.

No assassination that would be wrong ...guy ya need some help he was elected shady as it was with acorn.. but he our prez... but the strong arming and shady back door deals will make him aone term prez but the damage will be done.. accorn is chapter 11 now they is broke:roflmao::roflmao:

:coffee::coffee:

your looking at everone that works...all incomes will pay high taxes:coffee::coffee:

I was asking how they would fine people who chose not to buy an insurance policy.

those mother fuckers interrupted my TV show last night with that damn news!!! :pissed:

:sorry::sorry:

I wonder how long it will be before this is implemented to the point, that I will actually have to go out and purchase insurance?
I haven't had any for 2 years...

Pro-single-payer doctors: Health bill leaves 23 million uninsured | Physicians for a National Health Program

unbiased ( not left or right) critque by doctors of this reform bill

Millions of middle-income people will be pressured to buy commercial health insurance policies costing up to 9.5 percent of their income but covering an average of only 70 percent of their medical expenses, potentially leaving them vulnerable to financial ruin if they become seriously ill. Many will find such policies too expensive to afford or, if they do buy them, too expensive to use because of the high co-pays and deductibles.
Insurance firms will be handed at least $447 billion in taxpayer money to subsidize the purchase of their shoddy products. This money will enhance their financial and political power, and with it their ability to block future reform.
The bill will drain about $40 billion from Medicare payments to safety-net hospitals, threatening the care of the tens of millions who will remain uninsured.
People with employer-based coverage will be locked into their plan's limited network of providers, face ever-rising costs and erosion of their health benefits. Many, even most, will eventually face steep taxes on their benefits as the cost of insurance grows.

If this bill were so good, the Obama admin would've had the votes they needed months before Sunday, without having to bribe their own fellow democrats at the 11th hour. This is about nothing but helping Obama make good on his biggest campaign promise, by passing some kind of reform, even if it accomplishes none of the things he promised it would. It's about keeping him from becoming a lame duck.

I'm not for single payer, but even that would make more sense then this garbage being shoved down our throats. The only good thing that will probably come out of this is getting some of the crooks out of DC this year and helping Obama to seal his fate as a one termer.

IML Gear Cream!
Funny, you guy's are getting bent out of shape for nothing! Wait til this goes to the Senate/if it passes (which it won't), then you can have reason to bitch.

All a semblence of progress!

I was asking how they would fine people who chose not to buy an insurance policy.

the way you file taxes they will be plugged into the system now...running it...a new 20,000 new irs agents they will know:coffee::coffee:

:sorry::sorry:

I wonder how long it will be before this is implemented to the point, that I will actually have to go out and purchase insurance?
I haven't had any for 2 years...
2014 it will be up and running:coffee::coffee:

Funny, you guy's are getting bent out of shape for nothing! Wait til this goes to the Senate/if it passes (which it won't), then you can have reason to bitch.

the nuke option needs only 51 votes they have that in the senate:coffee:

So it seems. I can almost guarantee you this won't pass.

Oh, and very original!

just watch and see they won't let this one die...:coffee::coffee::coffee:

:coffee:

It ALREADY passed the Senate. It was the Senate version the House just passed. It now goes to Obama's desk for signature which is reported he'll do tomorrow.

Can we bitch now?

Back