• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Rapid Fat Loss Diet

icarus33

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just started the rapid fat loss diet,

Here's basically what I ate today.

Meal 1: 50g Whey protein

Meal 2: 4oz Chicken Breast

Meal 3: 50g Whey protein

Meal 4: 4oz Chicken Breast and cup of green beans.

Meal 5: 2 Teaspoons of Natty PB

How does it look? Is there anything I should change?

Couple things I might consider adding since this is a strictly restricted cal, fat, protein diet:

- you can get the value of veggies w/o the veggies from powdered greens mixes like Greens + (available at most nutrition stores, Whole Foods, etc)

- You might end up wanting some fiber (Citrucel, etc.) to keep things moving thru.

Well you eat only that ,and you should drop it pretty quick. You better EASE your way back into moderate calories once you are done with this diet ,because seems like even starting eating a normal diet too quick after such a restricted diet your weight would shoot back up.

Veggies for sure.

and Natty PB for a Rapid Fat loss diet?

Natty PB has quite a bit of fat to be included in an RFL diet.

What is your current weight and BF%? Are you supplementing with fish oil? Are you eating fibrous veggies?

Also, I'd suggest switching the protein powder out for solid meals because protein shakes aren't the most filling way to get your protein.

:DNot trying to be sarcastic, but have you read the book?:shrug:

Meal 1: 50g Whey protein
Meal 2: 4oz Chicken Breast
Meal 3: 50g Whey protein
Meal 4: 4oz Chicken Breast and cup of green beans.
Meal 5: 2 Teaspoons of Natty PB

First off...what category are you? :thinking:

1.) Peanut Butter has got to go. Natty or otherwise, it is calorically dense, has waaay too much fat for RFL, and sugar as well.
2.) The whey suppliment is not entirely bad, but I wouldn't use it as a "meal". Try to use whole foods whenever possible, and use the whey to tweak your numbers if you get in a pinch. (I would also check the amount of sugar and carbs in the protein powder.)
2a.) Try to schedule your carb intake around workouts....pre-workout, post-workout, there are different views as to the "when" part of this....don't worry about that so much.
3.) You definately need to include fibrous vegetables. Don't go crazy with them, but try to include some with every meal if you can stand it.
4.) Keep your water intake high. RFL will squeeze the H20 out of you if you aren't careful.
5.)Take the suppliments outlined in the book.

Good Luck......and get used to tuna and mustard.

This diet is intended to be a very aggressive keto diet - its very simple and relies on the PB for the fats & proteins. But I guess you can also comment on the carbs that come with it. But anyway this is how THIS diet is defined, its not a list of stuff randomly put together.

Okay, you need to rethink this.

The PB should probably go. As has been said, it's too calorically dense and has a lot of fat/carbs. Plus, it probably won't fill you much.

You're at about 140lbs. of LBM. Protein intake should be at least 1.5g/lb. of LBM. So at minimum you should be getting 210g of protein per day, which you don't seem to be getting with the diet you provided in the OP.

Maybe let's back up. What is your purpose for running this? Are you planning on doing it for 30 days or something like that?

IML Gear Cream!
This diet is intended to be a very aggressive keto diet - its very simple and relies on the PB for the fats & proteins. But I guess you can also comment on the carbs that come with it. But anyway this is how THIS diet is defined, its not a list of stuff randomly put together.

Rapid Fat Loss aka Lyle's PSMF does NOT rely on peanut butter for protein. This is not a fat and protein keto diet. This is a protein sparing modified fast, and it has very specific guidelines that are built around three sex-specific bodyfat categories.

Besides, peanut butter contains very little protein. Most folks probably think of and use peanut butter as a fat source.

The PB should probably go. As has been said, it's too calorically dense and has a lot of fat/carbs. Plus, it probably won't fill you much.
Exactly.

You're at about 140lbs. of LBM. Protein intake should be at least 1.5g/lb. of LBM. So at minimum you should be getting 210g of protein per day, which you don't seem to be getting with the diet you provided in the OP.

Maybe let's back up. What is your purpose for running this? Are you planning on doing it for 30 days or something like that?

Sassy, he's a Category II dieter, and will be a Category I dieter when he drops below 164. The timelines and refeeds are specific to the Category.

As a category II, you will consume 1.25g protein per pound LBM (about 900 calories including 200 or so tag-along calories from fish oils and leafy greens), and lift twice a week. You may walk up to an hour a day if desired.

Supplements will include 1g potassium, 1g calcium, 500mg magnesium, 10g fish oil, a multivitamin, and 1g vitamin C.

You get one modest "free" meal per week if desired, and one mandatory 5-hour carbup. The carbup is low-fat, with protein the same as you will have been running (ie, for you, about 175g) and anywhere from 200-400g carbohydrate, mostly in the form of fairly refined starches, such as white rice.

When you hit 164 you may transition to category I, which is 2g protein per pound LBM. Note that your calories will now increase to about 1320 or so a day. Workouts are as they were before, but you don't get a free meal and you continue this for about 12 days - and then do a two-day carbup.

Day 1
140g pro
560-840g cho
<50g fat

Day 2
140g pro
280-420g cho
<50g fat

The workouts I like to do are these, and I train every third day:
(All exercises done as 3 X 5-8 reps)
Workout A
Squats
T-Bars or other row
Bench press - flat or low incline

Workout B
Hang clean and press or corner press
Romanian Deadlifts
Chins

Agreed.^^^^

At risk of sounding like Lyle......It's all in the book.:wits: (That was fun)

RFL is one of those diets that should draw a minimal number of questions, simply because it is all outlined in the book....it's pretty simple, don't over-think it. If you haven't read the book, then odds are you will not experience (optimum) results....if any at all.

20g Carbohydrate, 20g Fat.....the maximum of each you should take in per day. Again, you could probably eat mor fat, but why interfere with the outcome? (EDIT: May Vary for different Category)

Set up a FitDay Account. Research the foods you can eat (also in the book) input the macros for each item...keep the list short if possible. I recommend reading every single label from the actual products you eat and enter them as custom foods. This way, if you get into a bind, you can work out exactly what foods you need to eat, and the information will be accurate, as opposed to some of the generic descriptions on fitday.

RFL is NOT the Atkins Diet.....(opinion>)you have to follow your macros meticulously and follow the rules of the diet. Otherwise you will be spinning your wheels.

Last edited:
Damn it, Built....would you let me know when you're gonna beat me to the (post) punch so I won't look like the posting jackass?:suicide:

:nana:

Damn it, Built....would you let me know when you're gonna beat me to the (post) punch so I won't look like the posting jackass?:suicide:

:nana:

Oh right... Like Built would have helped you avoid that. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

DaMayor, do you count fish oils in your fat allowances? I tend to go a bit higher than 20g of fat if you include fish oil supps.

My rule of thumb for this diet is - eat as few carbs and fats as possible with the protein. I have a tough time staying under 20g of fat but I can accept that since the deficit I'm running is already pretty big.

DaMayor, this is a very good point you bring up: RFL is NOT the Atkins diet.

Gtbmed, like you I go higher fat when I do RFL - one reason is satiety, but another is DRY SKIN. I just couldn't take it. RFL can be followed with higher fats and higher calories - it'll just work slower. As written, Lyle's guideline is THE VERY LOWEST you can drop your calories. Eat more than this lower limit, you just don't drop as fast.

I was thinking this was a diff diet that I'd seen several years ago - never mind me.

Sassy, the name probably threw you.

"Rapid Fat Loss" is the name of Lyle's book - but most online geeks in physical culture know it as PSMF - "Protein Strictly Mother Fucker".

I actually feel pretty well-satiated while on PSMF. I feel like I'm eating a good amount of food too. Cutting out carbs and other calorie-dense foods like PB definitely helps that I think.

Oh right... Like Built would have helped you avoid that. :rolleyes::laugh:

Good point......jerk.:D

GTBMED said:
DaMayor, do you count fish oils in your fat allowances? I tend to go a bit higher than 20g of fat if you include fish oil supps.

Initially I did, but as time went on (and as Built mentioned) I realized that a slightly higher fat intake from "fats without feet" (i.e, fish oil) was not a problem. I do keep a close eye on every other fat source.

Junk In Da Trunk said:
DaMayor, this is a very good point you bring up: RFL is NOT the Atkins diet.

Well, I have seen people completely abuse the Atkins Diet.... and have read a LOT of misguided folks thinking they can tweak RFL drastically and expect results.....not gonna happen. The diet is simple, but requires a LOT of discipline and focus if results are to be expected.

Oh, and a good mentor ain't a bad idea either.;)

IML Gear Cream!
At 200 lbm, I have to take in 400g of protein...how in the hell do I eat that much food? My favorite whole foods contain fat!! Eggs and flank steak especially! I want to get back on it, but I am trying hard to figure this on out LOL. I need cottage cheese and have one that has 3g of fat, with 16g of protein and 1% fat. I will use that at night, but the issue of egg whites alone suck ass. Oh incidentally, Walden Farms saves my ass.

Also, does the training which usually consists of heavy compounds with 3x5-8 reps differ if getting ready for a contest using this protocol? I wonder only because I am in a bit of a pinch and need to drop some bf fast for a show coming up. I would think it doesnt.

I've been following the Palumbo style keto in which fats are allowed, but he states that if you run into a bind and stop losing weight, switch to veggie/protein day until the fat starts dropping again....what was said about the dry skin is definitely true. My lips felt like they were sunburned, and my joints ached from only 2 days of veggies only. It sucked. Of course I didnt stop the fish oil and wouldnt but still. It hurt like hell!

Sassy, the name probably threw you.

"Rapid Fat Loss" is the name of Lyle's book - but most online geeks in physical culture know it as PSMF - "Protein Strictly Mother Fucker".

There was another soemthing like "Not So Natural Fat Fast" or something that I first saw on elitefitness back in the day, but I don't see it there anymore. It was essentially 30 days of ANPB & protein mix. You'd usually start losing your mind about 3 days in.

OH MY GOD, yes, I remember that one. I first saw it on femininemuscle, back in the day.

Also, does the training which usually consists of heavy compounds with 3x5-8 reps differ if getting ready for a contest using this protocol? I wonder only because I am in a bit of a pinch and need to drop some bf fast for a show coming up. I would think it doesnt.

I've been following the Palumbo style keto in which fats are allowed, but he states that if you run into a bind and stop losing weight, switch to veggie/protein day until the fat starts dropping again....what was said about the dry skin is definitely true. My lips felt like they were sunburned, and my joints ached from only 2 days of veggies only. It sucked. Of course I didnt stop the fish oil and wouldnt but still. It hurt like hell!
bump?? Please?

At 200 lbm, I have to take in 400g of protein...how in the hell do I eat that much food? My favorite whole foods contain fat!! Eggs and flank steak especially! I want to get back on it, but I am trying hard to figure this on out LOL. I need cottage cheese and have one that has 3g of fat, with 16g of protein and 1% fat. I will use that at night, but the issue of egg whites alone suck ass. Oh incidentally, Walden Farms saves my ass.
this too?

Whaddya need to know, bud?

It should be called the "Rapid Muscle Loss Diet!" Dieting doesn't even seem like restriction...And I stay around 5-7%BF Add some calories unles your a buck 10.

No spam

Last edited by a moderator:
what are the most protein rich foods with minimal fats (chicken and tuna have been mainstreams for me, as well as egg whites, but they taste like dooty), that are also PSMF friendly?
Secondly, the training; I know it consists of 3x5-8 mostly compound moves, but for an emergency and precontest regimine, should it change? I'm willing to do what I need to do-and Marianne, you know me, I'm kind of psychotic and do what needs to be done. So lay it on me!

Back