• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Schilling brushes back Vazquez

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
He may be right.

As if Curt Schilling didn't upstage Javy Vazquez enough in the 2004 ALCS, the Boston Babbler hurled another round of shots Monday, promising that Vazquez's second stint in pinstripes will end in the same failure as his first.

Speaking with Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio, the former Red Sox righty gave Vazquez the backhanded praise of being "a phenomenal National League pitcher" - one who will never cut it in the junior circuit.

"I never, ever thought the move to New York the first time was a good one, and I didn't think this (move) was good as well. I don't think he suddenly learned how to pitch when he went back to Atlanta and dealt last year," Schilling said. "It's hard to say this without sounding disrespectful, and I don't mean it that way - the National League is an easier league to pitch in, period, and some guys aren't equipped to get those same outs in the American League. And he's one of those guys."

Vazquez is 1-3 with a 9.00 ERA four starts into his Bronx sequel. Only one of those has come at the Stadium, but that April 14 loss to the Angels was littered with boos - a sure sign the Bronx faithful had not forgotten the grand slam Vazquez served up to Johnny Damon that put Game 7 of the '04 ALCS out of reach in the second inning. Schilling, who forced that seventh game with his bloody-sock Game 6, hasn't forgotten it, either.

"(Vazquez) thrived in Montreal and he thrived in Atlanta, and those are both second-tier cities from a baseball passion perspective. He's not a guy that I've ever felt was comfortable in the glow," Schilling said. "... You're seeing what you're gonna get from him consistently all year. Having said that, he could turn around next week and throw a one-hitter with his stuff. I just don't see him being a consistent winner in the American League."

Read more: Former Boston Red Sox ace Curt Schilling says Yankee pitcher Javier Vazquez can't get it done in AL

Curt Schilling is a blowhard at times, but in this case he is right.

dont totally agree...

Back