• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Replacing bench press with corner press

gtbmed

Greg
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What are your guys thoughts on this?

The angle of a corner press seems to put it in-between vertical and horizontal. I hate benching and was wondering if this is a good enough substitute.

It's more of a shoulder movement, it's definitely heavy on the anterior delt but not so much on the chest. Great exercise though.

Have you tried Floor Press? A lot more fun than regular benching. What about dips or using dumbells?

It's a vertical press. You have to lean forward too, so the line in which you are pushing is pretty much parallel to your trunk. I don't think it's a good substitute for the bench press necessarily, but more for an overhead press.

Bench press

At first was getting no pec development from bench presses,just did ego lifting!My main exercice for pec is low incline dbll presses! I don't do it the way most people are though, i get more of a full range of motion!!!Main difference is when going down,I keep dbll close to my pecs but rotate them so they are parrallel to my body, like this i can go lower on the eccentric portion of the movements and get a fucking good stretch!

Alright, I think I'll just bench press with dumbells as it feels more natural to me. For some reason BB bench press feels very uncomfortable on my wrists, shoulders, and elbows.

Gaz, yeah I've done floor press a few times and really like it. I think I'll mix it in every once in a while.

At first was getting no pec development from bench presses,just did ego lifting!My main exercice for pec is low incline dbll presses! I don't do it the way most people are though, i get more of a full range of motion!!!Main difference is when going down,I keep dbll close to my pecs but rotate them so they are parrallel to my body, like this i can go lower on the eccentric portion of the movements and get a fucking good stretch!

i do the same, get another couple more inches going down

Check this shit out. How come I feel like my triceps get more of a workout doing dips with hands on chair and feet on a chair rather then when I use my actually machine designed for dips.. Like one from a gym you know?

After having weird "clicking" issues with my left shoulder when doing regular dumbbell presses i opted to just turn my hands from perpendicular to parallel. This as simple as it sounds made all the difference. My weight went up, my chest really feels the pump, and the clicking is gone.

In the end the real question is "Why do you want to find a substitute for bench press"?

Back