• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Evolution

omerta2010

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm going to ramble and start tracking my diet and cardio as I go from 260 to 200.

Tyler Durton (Fight Club): "You have to know the answer to this question! If you died right now, how would you feel about your life? "

My ultimate goal is to answer with "awesome" but I know I have a long way before I can.

Was a pretty good weekend.

Friday: Step Mill 65 Minutes Intervals alternating 3 to 5
Saturday: Step Mill 60 Minutes Level 3

Monday 5/17/10:
Step Mill: 60 minutes level 4

Food:
1 x Detour Low Sugar Protein Bar
1 x Can Albacore Tuna w/Mayo
1 x protein shake 50g protein no sugar.

Will update as I eat more.

Monday 5/17/10:
Step Mill: 60 minutes level 4

Food:
1 x Detour Low Sugar Protein Bar
1 x Can Albacore Tuna w/Mayo
1 x protein shake 50g protein no sugar.

Will update as I eat more.

Was that breakfast?

What protein brand do you use? I've tried just about everything.

I'm trying to eat something every 3-4hrs.
So the bar was breakfast on the way to work.
Protein Shake was a betweener
Then tuna for lunch.

I'm experimenting with protein powders but the current batch is the Syntrax Nectar, I put a shaker in the freezer for a couple hours to get the water ice cold and it ends up tasting almost like a slushe. (bad spelling)

I used to really like isopure when I was watching my carbs, but this is much more affordable.

Finished yesterday's food with:

Another protein shake 50G, sipped on this for about an hour.
1 x can of chicken with mayo and pesto

and that was it for yesterday.

Today at the gym did 60 minutes step mill on interval level 4

Started taking Redline Hardcore Ultra today, took 2 before the gym and sweat more than I can remember. I had been taking the Ultra 6 Black and at least the sweating and focus wasn't the same as it was today. I'll keep my opinion going on this.

Food:

Breakfast:
1 x low sugar detour protein bar
1 x protein shake 50g
2 x tuna with mayo, I'll nibble on this throught the afternoon to help keep the hunger down. for some reason I'm really hungry today.

1.5 Chicken Breasts with about a cup of rice.

Today at the gym did 60 minutes on the eliptical setting was "random"

Redline Hardcore Ultra:
Took 1 last night before leaving work and couldn't tell any energy difference
Took 2 before the gym this morning and sweat more than I can remember. I can tell when I take 2 at a time there is a definate energy boost.

Food:
Breakfast:
1 x thin bagel
1 x detour low sugar bar
1 x can chicken with mayo and about 10 triscuits

1 Chicken Breasts with about a cup of rice.

Today at the gym did 60 minutes on the step mill level 4

Redline Hardcore Ultra:
Took 2 last night before leaving work and I think I need to not call it energy boost as much as it's a focus and elevated energy but without that major spike or the type that keeps you from sleeping.

Took 2 before the gym this morning and the crazy sweating continues.

Food:
Breakfast:
1 x detour low sugar bar
1 x can chicken with mayo

Omerta, welcome to IM

Just something I noticed -- your calories appear to be extremely low. What macros are you running?

Hi M11, thanks for checking out my journal.

I honestly haven't been keeping track of macro's or calories. I have been making sure to keep the protein as high as possible as I know my body reacts well to low/cycling of carbs.

I've been struggling to keep the eating consistent while at work, so that is one of my priorities this week.

IML Gear Cream!
Friday: Step Mill - Level 3 -15 minutes, Level 4 - 35 Minutes, Level 5 - 10 minutes

Goal for the week: Level 5 - 60 minutes

Monday:

Step Mill: 60 Minutes Level 4

Food:
1 x Granola Bar
1 x Can tuna with mayo
1 x shake with 50g protein

Finished yesterday with a banked potato with about 2 tablespoons of ranch.

Tuesday:
Step Mill: Interval Level 4 to Level 5, 60 minutes

Food:
1 x detour low carb (on the way home from the gym)
1 x granola bar

Finished Yesterday with a salad with a grilled chicken breast.

Wednesday:
Eliptical - random level 9 60 minutes
(I have to do the eliptical for a bit as my knees are starting to hurt doing the step mill, I'll take a couple days away from it and try again on monday)

Food:
1 x detour low carb
1 x can tuna with mayo

Finished Yesterday with a turkey sandwich.

Thursday:
Eliptical - Interval incline 4-11 - 60 minutes

Food:
1 x detour low carb
1 x can chicken

Long Weekend but back at it now:

Tuesday: 60 minutes step mill level 4 (knee felt really good so I'm going to stick with level 4 for a week or so to see if that helps build more stability)

Food:
1 x detour low carb
1 x can chicken
1 x can tuna

Finished day with a roast beef sandwich

Wed: 60 minutes step mill level 4

Food:
1 x detour low carb
1 x shake with 50G protein
1 x large chef salad
1 x can chicken

I'm going to give another shot at urging you to re-evaluate your diet. It appears as though you are getting far fewer protein and total calories than you need.

Also, I'd highly recommend dropping the protein bars -- they are just a terrible source of nutrition.

M11, do you have a site you reccomend to calculate the macro's.

I think my body is adjusting to the current majoy calorie deficit I've been in, over the last 2 weeks I've only been losing 1lb/week while leading up to that I'd been averaging 5 lbs/week.

I'm going to have to come up with a goal for the macro's as soon as possible.

In July I'm going to add in weights and start splitting my hour 50/50 weights to cardio so I'm going to have to work on figuring out what type of split and I think I'm going to concentrate on compound excercises since I only have 30 minutes/day.

I'm going to throw some idea's out in here and closer to july i'll put it all together.

Do you think I'd be better off going with a protein shake instead of the bar? I just don't have enough time between the gym and going to work to make regular food.

fitday.com is very popular. If you have an iPhone/iTouch, the FatSecret app is fantastic. Check out the link in my signature to get an idea of where your macros should be at.

And yes, a whey shake would be a much better alternative than the detour bars.

IML Gear Cream!
I'll have to check out fitday.com today and see if I can't work up a plan.

Have 3 more bars to finish then I'll stop buying them and switch to shakes:

Yesterday had another roast beef sandwich (finished leftovers)

Thur: 60 minutes step mill

Food:
1 x detour bar (only 2 left)
1 x protein shake 50g protein
1 x can tuna

I'm going to do some research today and try to start seting up some macro goals and post them here. Will try to start the new plan for food tomorrow morning.

M11, I do appreciate your advice. I think I've been to focused on getting back to it to make sure I'd stick with it.

Now it's time to get a real plan in place.

So according to fit day, without the gym I have an average of 3300 calories to maintain, so the daily gym sessions should bring that up to say 3800-3900.

So if I shoot for say 1500-2000 deficit and just be patient and know I'll get the weight off

I'm going to shoot for:
200-250g protein, so 800-1000 calories from protein
75-90g fat, 675-810 calories from Fat
75-100g carbs, 300-400 calories from Carbs

So on the low end I'd have roughly a 1775/day to 2210/day so if I follow this using fitday I should keep burning fat.

I will be doing some things to try to keep my body from adapting, ex: weekends lower the fat and increase the carbs. and throught the week play with the fat and carbs to keep my body guessing. All the time though staying under maintenance for total calories.

I'll start this tomorrow morning.

You'd be better served establishing your maintenance through experience rather than a calculator. Additionally, a deficit that large is pretty extreme -- something like 500/day would be a bit more prudent unless you are scheduling in refeeds. Nonetheless, give those macros a shot and you can make adjustments from there.

Also, I'd recommend riding out the same strategy as far as you can before you start tinkering.

Very true, I was just putting what it said down. The split is what I've decided to do. I normally don't care about calories as much as making sure I take in enough protein as I'd like to keep as much muscle as possible until I start the weights.

Yesterday ended up with: 1600calories with 190/74/9 (P/F/C)

The weekend would be considered refeeds as those days all meals are with my wife and always have at least one meal of pizza, plus a cheat meal in those 2 days.

The tinkering is more for my sanity because I know if I go to long without mixing up carbs I can become very crabby and hard to live with. But sprinkled and mixing them in seems to keep me much more even tempered. (or so the wife says)

Cardio today was: 60 minutes level 4 stepmill. the knee seems to be feeling much better after this week. Next I'll try some more intervals next week and see how that feels.

It just ended up that way. I'm thinking about making sandwiches with my tuna and chicken mixtures as that would help bring the calories up as well as bring up the carbs to a more reasonable level.

The link in your signature is really good info, thanks for reccomending it.

Friday food: 1800 calories with 190/84/16 (P/F/C)
Saturday: guessing as couldn't find nutrition for fitday on some of what I ate 3100 calories 100/120/300 (P/F/C)
Sunday: guessing again: 2500 calories with 85/68/375 (P/F/C)

I really need to figure out how to get my wife and I into better eating habits on the weekends during the week it flows smoothly but the weekends even make me feel like crap.

Monday 6/7: Step Mill 28 minutes on level 4 intervals, and 32 minutes level 5 intervals

Knee felt alright so we'll try level 5 all 60 tomorrow.

Monday 6/7/10: 1744 calories with 179/82/47 (P/F/C)

Tuesday 6/8/10: Step Mill 28 minutes level 5 intervals, 32 minutes level 6 intervals.

Tuesday 6/8/10: 1300 calories with 121/48/45 (P/F/C) (way to many meetings yesterday so I ended up missing a meal and the whole eating schedule was off)

Wed: 6/9/10: Eliptical 60 minutes interval 4 to 10 incline resistance 8-9

Back