• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

So how about that perfect game that wasn't?

Maybe it's part of a master plan to create a big enough snafu to bring the instant replay discussion up with career changing events being part of the reason to possibly include instant replay.

Have you heard the sound bits from the Ump?
He feels horrible, and went up and apologized to Galarraga

What is with the umps this year and trying to steal the limelight?

Still crazy.

I feel for the ump as well. Umpires are human and make mistakes. This one came at the worst possible time. Great ump with over 20 years of quality service will now be remembered as the guy who blew the perfect game. Unfortunate situation all around. I still hate the idea of instant replay. Human error is part of the game.

Human error is part of the game.

I agree, on the part of the players anyway. But they shouldn't be punished/rewarded for mistakes made by the officiating. I don't want to see a replay on sh*t like balls and strikes, but rather fair/fall calls and really close safe/out calls.

Dont ya think with something on the line like that, you give the edge to the pitcher (you call them out on a bang bang play regardless if you think they may be safe)?

Dont ya think with something on the line like that, you give the edge to the pitcher (you call them out on a bang bang play regardless if you think they may be safe)?

That was exactly what I was thinking. Heck I probably would have been considering it the inning prior.

Back