• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is it just my genes?

kpwrestler4

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay, so I'm 14 years old and over the past two years of wrestling I've gotten a perfect six pack. This is great, but my overall goal is an 8 pack, and I can't get it. I've been doing steady cardio with my workouts, I have a very healthy diet, and I drink a lot of water. I weigh 135 lbs and I'm 5'6. Am I doing something wrong or is it true that some people just can't get an 8 pack because of their genes?

You might not have that number of "muscle blocks". I'm no anatomy expert, so I'll rely on Google:

The Rectus Abdominus muscle is commonly known as the "six-pack" muscle of the abs. Thin bands of connective tissue give it that appearance.

I suspect those thin bands vary from person to person.

Okay, so I'm 14 years old and over the past two years of wrestling I've gotten a perfect six pack. This is great, but my overall goal is an 8 pack, and I can't get it. I've been doing steady cardio with my workouts, I have a very healthy diet, and I drink a lot of water. I weigh 135 lbs and I'm 5'6. Am I doing something wrong or is it true that some people just can't get an 8 pack because of their genes?

If that's your pic in your avi, I'd guess you're still too high in BF but Curt is also right.. it could just be your composition.

If that's your pic in your avi, I'd guess you're still too high in BF but Curt is also right.. it could just be your composition.

Well, it feels hard over where the last two abs could be, and there is a small bit of fat there, so I guess I'll just burn it off and see if it's my composition or not. And yes, that is my pic.

Well, it feels hard over where the last two abs could be, and there is a small bit of fat there, so I guess I'll just burn it off and see if it's my composition or not. And yes, that is my pic.

What would you estimate your BF to be? I'm not bashing, but from the photo it looks like you have luv handles. That's why I suggested it could be BF.
Don't check around your abs, see how much you can pinch on your lower back and sides.

What would you estimate your BF to be? I'm not bashing, but from the photo it looks like you have luv handles. That's why I suggested it could be BF.
Don't check around your abs, see how much you can pinch on your lower back and sides.

Their's not much to grab, I just have massive hips for some reason. The last time I checked my BF% it was 10%, but that was months ago and I've lost weight. I'll check tonight.

Their's not much to grab, I just have massive hips for some reason. The last time I checked my BF% it was 10%, but that was months ago and I've lost weight. I'll check tonight.

How did your check your BF%? I only ask because those little meters they sell at GNC or whatever are not accurate at all.

You are fourteen, and skinny. You need to be eating and playing sports, not wasting your time counting your abs.

Now go eat a sandwich with a big glass of milk, and go climb some trees, okay? Get bigger, stronger and more muscular, and you'll be able to see those blocky abs you seek. Pinky-swear!

- Mom

Back