• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

San Francisco Bans Sugary Soda from Vending Machines

busyLivin

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ncisco-city-vending-machines-soy-milk-is-in/1

Sugary sodas and fat foods are thinning out in vending machines on city property in San Francisco, the local daily reports, following up on a mayoral directive issued in the spring.

An executive order by Mayor Gavin Newsom bans such "calorically sweetened beverages" as regular Coke, Pepsi and other high-sugar sodas, along with non- diet sodas, sports drinks and artificially sweetened water. Juices must be 100% fruit or vegetable with no added sweeteners, and diet sodas can be no more than 25% of the items offered.

What's replacing them? "Ample choices" of water, "soy milk, rice milk and other similar dairy or non dairy milk," states the directive, which covers both sugar and fat content in vending snacks.

When he issued the order in April, Newsom, a Democrat who is running to be California's next lieutenant governor, said it was to fight obesity and improve the health of city residents. First lady Michelle Obama has been championing that program from the White House.

Land of the free, my ass. I don't drink pop anyway, but this is fucking crazy. Ahh, the joys of big government....

Last edited:
More proof that San Francisco is gay.

Nice city though...aside from the gay. Iain must love it there.

Who fucking cares about San Fransisco?

I will say it is the ultimate irony that the hippies have turned into statists.

I suppose the fact of necessary calorie count this could and would be beneficial, but...

Gavin Newsom, needs to ban drug addicts taking meds and having tax payers of SF pay for them, with claims that they are in necessary need for controlled substances...only to then be let go to then pan handle for thei drug addiction or to take illegal drugs.:wits::paddle:

Sure sugary drinks are bad, but so are corruptive officials at the beck and call of a "private interests" to take more form of the political arena.:nerd:

Sugary sodas are out of San Francisco city vending machines, soy milk is in -

Sugary sodas and fat foods are thinning out in vending machines on city property in San Francisco, the local daily reports, following up on a mayoral directive issued in the spring.

An executive order by Mayor Gavin Newsom bans such "calorically sweetened beverages" as regular Coke, Pepsi and other high-sugar sodas, along with non- diet sodas, sports drinks and artificially sweetened water. Juices must be 100% fruit or vegetable with no added sweeteners, and diet sodas can be no more than 25% of the items offered.

What's replacing them? "Ample choices" of water, "soy milk, rice milk and other similar dairy or non dairy milk," states the directive, which covers both sugar and fat content in vending snacks.

When he issued the order in April, Newsom, a Democrat who is running to be California's next lieutenant governor, said it was to fight obesity and improve the health of city residents. First lady Michelle Obama has been championing that program from the White House.

Land of the free, my ass. I don't drink pop anyway, but this is fucking crazy. Ahh, the joys of big government....

This is fucking ridiculous. Drink bans. Let's let the government think for us. This is part of "fighting obesity", like fruit juice is so much better than soda. What the fuck..."rice and soy milk", come on. What hippy granola heads are getting their agenda pushed here.

People aren't being educated on what healthy eating really is. This is doing nothing. Now I don't really suggest anything be banned, but if they were to ban things, they should do it bogus diet companies who preach false nutrition.

If they really wanted to fight obesity, they'd stop subsidizing corn crops.

This is fucking ridiculous. Drink bans. Let's let the government think for us. This is part of "fighting obesity", like fruit juice is so much better than soda. What the fuck..."rice and soy milk", come on. What hippy granola heads are getting their agenda pushed here.

People aren't being educated on what healthy eating really is. This is doing nothing. Now I don't really suggest anything be banned, but if they were to ban things, they should do it bogus diet companies who preach false nutrition.

:thumb:

Great post. It is absolutely infuriating. Think about this for a bit. Most drugs that were outlawed were done so for reasons just as dumb as this. It starts with magic mushrooms, then the government is telling you what you can and can't eat.

We already started down this slippery slope a long time ago, and now we are down in the valley getting covered with shit. Serves us right, really. Now the trend probably can't be reversed.

They can only ban them from Vending Machines on City property and they have full rights to do so since it's mostly their employees who use those machines. I would want my employees to stay healthy so they can perform at maximum capacity and to keep the benefit costs down. Our vending machine here has double the choices for green tea and juices and only three full sugar sodas because my boss doesn't believe sodas have any value, he never drinks them. We have a water fountain and cooler on either side of the vending machine, and when we order pizza or other food for company parties most of them are mega-vegetarian...

i'm gonna start boot legging

IML Gear Cream!
:thumb:

Great post. It is absolutely infuriating. Think about this for a bit. Most drugs that were outlawed were done so for reasons just as dumb as this. It starts with magic mushrooms, then the government is telling you what you can and can't eat.

We already started down this slippery slope a long time ago, and now we are down in the valley getting covered with shit. Serves us right, really. Now the trend probably can't be reversed.

:clapping:

If they really wanted to fight obesity, they'd stop subsidizing corn crops.

Fuck....couldn't rep. But 'BOOM HEADSHOT' is really all I can say. Pick up damned near ANYTHING at the store and look at the label. CS and HFC are on about 75% or greater of every single thing on the shelves that isnt directly out of an animal or plant.

Fighting obesity has to start with one's self. I believe this banning stuff will not really help that much.

wouldn't matter if it did make a difference... it's none of their business if people want to drink pop, eat mcdonalds or smoke a cigarette.

wouldn't matter if it did make a difference... it's none of their business if people want to drink pop, eat mcdonalds or smoke a cigarette.
Says the guy eating animal crackers and sipping tea on his roof in his avatar....

Well, I'm gonna ban san francisco

IML Gear Cream!
Dale Gribble had to have been sketched directly from that character, right down to the unexplainable hot wife....

Back