• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Give Me Volume Or Give Me Death

IML Gear Cream!
Sept 4

Decline Bench Press
215 x 8
215 x 8
215 x 8
215 x 8

Chest Supported Rows
125 x 8
125 x 8
125 x 8
125 x 8

Standing OH Press
140 x 6
140 x 6
140 x 6
140 x 6

Chinups
BW+10 x 6
BW+10 x 6
BW+10 x 6
BW+10 x 6

What's up big fella ? Has Ryan started school yet? B starts tomorrow (3 half-days a week) She's also doing gymnastics 1 night a week.

Looks like standard stuff in here. What's the new strategy?

What's up big fella ? Has Ryan started school yet? B starts tomorrow (3 half-days a week) She's also doing gymnastics 1 night a week.

Looks like standard stuff in here. What's the new strategy?

Doing OK man, wifey started back at work so it's me and the kids all day again, and it's real real fun let me tell you (kill me) lol.

Ry starts school next week, he's got the 3 day thing too, so that should be a nice break where I'll only have to deal with one of them for a few hours, then hopefully when he's done with school, the little one will take her 2 hour nap, and then life would be grand, haha. But of course we know it never works out as planned right?

no new strategy with the training, but the workout ADD has kicked into full effect, so I don't know what's going on here.:mooh:

Sept 12

Chest

Slight Decline Bench Press
250 x 6
250 x 6

Low Incline Bench Press
245 x 6
245 x 6

Dips
BW+90 x 6
BW+90 x 6

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go back to a *gasp* bodypart max-ot split for a while. I need some help for my training ADD, I really have it bad, instead of just focusing on getting to the gym and pushing weight, I need to analyze and over analyze everything from set/rep schemes to exercise choice, etc., when I really just need to lift.

oh yeah, here's gonna be my split:
chest
back
off
shoulders/arms
legs
off
repeat

At least your muscles don't get used to the same old routine every time :hehe:

IML Gear Cream!
Sept 15

Legs

Leverage Squat Machine
320 x 6
320 x 6
320 x 6

SLDL
275 x 6
275 x 6
275 x 6

*skipped calves today no time.

Ive finally come to the conclusion that it really sucks getting old. I turned 36 yesterday, and it just sucks that you no longer are able to do the things you used to do so easily. I play roller hockey and I remember back in the day I used to be pretty damn good, I was fast, I scored goals at will, and i was generally always one of the better players in the league. Fast forward to today, I am slow, my joints always kill me after a game, my groin is permanently shot, my elbows hurt the next day after a few pushing matches in front of the net, and I just generally suck now. Sure, it's fun, it's good cardio, etc, but it sucks when you USED to be really good at something and now you're not.

working out is just as bad. It's more of a challenge to find exercises that don't HURT you to do them as it is to do them with heavy weights. I can no longer do any tricep isolation exercises without pain in my elbows. So long as I play hockey, I might never barbell squat again because of my groin. I don't think I can flat bench press anymore without pain in my shoulder. My all time favorite, dips, are useless for me now, as my shoulder and elbows hurt too much afterwards. The list goes on

I guess the challenge is finding a few things that you CAN do pain free and have the mental willpower to stick with them and work with what you got, I guess. After all, it is only weightlifting, there is more important stuff in life, but when it's your passion, it's just tough to swallow.

AND I'm only 36....

/end rant

Dude,

Take a FULL 7 Days off. It's hard to do but I promise you - it will help. :thumb:

Sept 21

Seated OH Press with trap bar (no back support)
107.5 x 5
125 x 5
140 x 10

Chinups
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW+22.5 x 10

Neutral Grip Flat DB Press
85 x 12
85 x 12
85 x 10

DB Rows
90 x 12
90 x 12
90 x 12

Doing 531 again? Your workouts look good. No more free squats?

Doing 531 again? Your workouts look good. No more free squats?

i was doing some 5/3/1 for a couple of weeks, I decided to tone things down a bit and go with an old doug hepburn strength routine instead. I started my hockey season, and I just can't do the volume and intensity of 5/3/1, even though it really isn't that much, but my 36 year old body is starting to feel it. Pushing myself on the 5/3/1 sets is just not a good idea right now. The hepburn routine is 3 reps on every set and each workout you just add a set, so you start at 4 sets of 3 and work up to 10 sets of 3 then increase the weight and go back to 4 sets. Probably more total "tonnage", but less intense since you aren't gutting out heavy sets of 8+ reps.

I stopped squatting a while ago cause I hurt my groin playing hockey. I am still able to skate pretty much pain free even though the area is sore, but my free squat stance put a lot of pressure on my groin area and i just couldn't do it. My machine is a lever machine, so I am able to use a close stance and not hurt my back or groin and still perform the squat motion at least. I've actually seen some develpment of my outer quads that I never got from free squats, probably due to my stance.

I'd really like to get back into hockey. I played it for most of my life but in the past few years I haven't been able to play. Do you do a men's league or just pickup games?

BTW I squat narrow too and I like it a lot better also. I always felt like my hips and groin hurt when I tried squatting with a wide stance.

I play in an adult roller hockey league, we play regulation size rink, 5 on 5, only thing is that it's no check, which apparently all of them are, which is a shame cause it gets annoying playing defense and having a poke check as your only weapon against a 21 year old speedster flying up the wing, 9 out of 10 times they get around me, and it's like that for all the defensemen, but I've learned to not take it so seriously and just use it as a night out and some good exercise.

Back