• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Give Me Volume Or Give Me Death

Wow nice chip ups I can't imagine 55 pounds of dead weight added to me, 10 pounds feels like 50 to me.

ha, lots of practice man, it certainly didn't happen overnight....

check out yellowmoomba's journal if you want to see some sick chinning, although I am catching up to him, and will pass him shortly :paddle:

Damn fine workout. Very impressive chinups, especially considering you're heavy, right? Aren't you well over 200?

That is some massive romanian deadlifting, as well. Jesus!

i will start by saying thanks for the kind words, but I will finish by saying, I hate my squat weight. But, I'm working my way back from a groin strain, so it's going about as good as planned. the romanian deads are new for me, I'm used to doing either regular deads or stiff legs off the floor, so taking the weight off the rack in the up position is a bit different for me, but so far so good, real nice hamstring stretch on these too and better form than my stiff legs, I don't use so much low back anymore.

I'm not well over 200 anymore, I'm hovering between 205 and 210 generally depending on the day and what I ate the day before, lol. I tried to get my son to hang on my legs while I was chinning, but he wanted no part of it, hehe.

the romanian deads are new for me, I'm used to doing either regular deads or stiff legs off the floor, so taking the weight off the rack in the up position is a bit different for me, but so far so good, real nice hamstring stretch on these too and better form than my stiff legs, I don't use so much low back anymore.
I thought Romanian deads pretty much were stiff leg deads? Are you doing them out of the rack or like this? Romanian Deadlift

I thought Romanian deads pretty much were stiff leg deads? Are you doing them out of the rack or like this? Romanian Deadlift

Yeah, that's how I do them taking them off the rack and starting at the top. If you check out that example you'll see the guys legs are bent when he goes down, on a true stiff leg dead, you would keep your legs a lot straighter and put more emphasis on your lower back. The Romanian deads hit the hammies more without killing your back.

Feb 20

Squats
230 x 10
260 x 5

Romanian Deads
235 x 10
260 x 5

Chinups
BW+35 x 10
BW+60 x 5
*Coming for you YM.....:teeth:

Awesome squatting. Nice and simple but that's what adds weight to the bar, as your journal shows.

Stiff legged deads are more of an old school bodybuilding exercise I think. I tried them before and they felt incredibly awkward. On those the legs are straight -- no knee flexion.

Romanians are similar but your legs bend at the knees, though not the degree as in conventional deadlifts. You drive your hips back while keeping the barbell (or dumbbells) very close to your shins. You go down generally to about half way down your shins (so in between knees and feet) and then return. It's easier on the mid- and upper-back but still gives great stimulation of the lower back, not to mention the "stretch" of the hamstrings that makes this exercise so famous.

Personally, I love romanians as a higher rep assistance to my main deadlifting. They're great for strengthening the lower back with high reps as the spinal eretor fibres tend to be composed of slow-twitch fibres which will respond better to high-volume, low-intensity stimulus.

Stiff legged deads are more of an old school bodybuilding exercise I think. I tried them before and they felt incredibly awkward. On those the legs are straight -- no knee flexion.
Oh, that sounds kind of bad for you haha fuck that. I've always thought they were the same.

Oh, that sounds kind of bad for you haha fuck that. I've always thought they were the same.

Definitely not the same. Having used both now, IMO the romanians are definitely the better and safer exercise. Once you get the technique down, they feel great, the hamstring stretch is awesome. I would like to add the you probably can use romanians for high rep or low rep work, as I think you can safely move a lot of weight on them (obviously not as much as a conventional dead, but a lot). Stiff legs I would advise to use just low weight high reps as it's much easier to injure your back on a stiff leg dead than the other variations.

Back