• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

A new training routine to gain lots of muscle mass

dsc123

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
my training program recently has consisted of a 4day split with 4 sets of 8 reps, am looking to change it up to continue to see good gains. thanks

mon-chest & tris
bench press
DB incline
DB decline
Dips
skullcrushers

tues-back & bis
chin ups
bent over rows
lat pulldowns
one arm rows
hammer curls
barbell curls

thurs- legs & abs
squats
deadlifts
leg press
calf raises
crunches
planks

Fri- shoulders
military press
shoulder press
olympic bar corner press
lateral raises
upright rows

well it might work, make sure u push your self in the gym

Seriously? That's all you've got?

dsc123, take a look at the link I posted. The articles there will help you resign your program. To sum up the basic issues with your program, there's too much upper body work and not enough leg work and there's too much pushing and not enough pulling.

K phineas wil have a look at the articles and come up with something, the routine I posted was my previous workout, am looking to mix it up a bit as feel it's time for a change

Seriously? That's all you've got?

dsc123, take a look at the link I posted. The articles there will help you resign your program. To sum up the basic issues with your program, there's too much upper body work and not enough leg work and there's too much pushing and not enough pulling.

redesign*

I think three overhead pressing movements on shoulder day is too much. I would have two leg days instead of one, maybe one day where you focus on squatting and one day where you focus on deadlifts? Don't underestimate hamstring work as well: Deadlift variations, hypers, GHR's, Leg curls. Obviously don't do all of those in one workout though.

Your proposed/current routine is all over the place on that split. You need to add in another leg (lower) day as Phineas suggested. You also have too many isolation movements. It's best to build your workouts around compound movements. Here's another link that might help. Westside Barbell Basic Template

Flathead

my training program recently has consisted of a 4day split with 4 sets of 8 reps, am looking to change it up to continue to see good gains. thanks

mon-chest & tris
bench press
DB incline
DB decline
Dips
skullcrushers

tues-back & bis
chin ups
bent over rows
lat pulldowns
one arm rows
hammer curls
barbell curls

thurs- legs & abs
squats
deadlifts
leg press
calf raises
crunches
planks

Fri- shoulders
military press
shoulder press
olympic bar corner press
lateral raises
upright rows

You don't need an entire day dedicated to your shoulders. They are a small muscle group and it's easy to over train. I'd suggest combining your shoulder workout with chest & tris day and cut out the corner press and upright rows and DB decline.

Back