• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

anti-inflammatory b4 the gym???

07bobber

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have calcium deposit in my shoulder, can I take an anti-inflammatory b4 the gym???

After Neuromuscluar Aspects class, I am reluctant to take any anti-inflammatory unless I am injured. I personally would not take it on any day of working out but maybe on a day of rest.

Inflammation is a good thing if its a short while. This was a question I got wrong on an exam that I disputed, but its what helped it sink in. What was the correct answer? "Take anti-inflammatories if inflammation exceeds 24hours." Honestly, Id think if it was longer than 2 days, it would be advisable to take them then.

Including omega3 in your diet would control most inflammations. Flax seed oil works wonders for me.

Have a nice day!

I've never done that before, but I'm guessing it would make you sick to your stomach?

Welcome to the miracles of modern medicine! I think we're blessed to live in an age where we're fortunate to have a fix-it in the form of a pill to feel better- Thank you Advil.. plus we've all but banished bubonic plague. That said, by and large we're an over medicated society.

Generally, at least in the case of excersize, some inflammation is good-we tear muscle to build muscle in the rest phase. Plus I like that post work-out soreness.
The real question is, how does your calcium deposit affect your workouts. Is it your rotator cuff? That's very common. Either way, yours is a specific case: if you can go without, do. But do take some ibuprofen in as little as 8 hours post work-out you're still feeling sore. Generally, taking an anti-inflammatory before you are inflamed doesn't quite work - "How does the Ibuprofen know to go to my shoulder?" Because it it's job is done with the chemical receptors in the brain. It doesn't work as efficiently when you try to take it preemptively.

To be frank, your best course of action is addressing the underlying cause for your long term health & well being. Honestly, Long term: a good naturpath and or D.C. who is trained in kinesiology would be beneficial - plus diet & gut health are huge. I think everyone would benefit from a cleanse. Short term: Fish Oils! they do a lot for your body (find one that's the most bio-available -I use Designs For Health for all my supplements) & will help you in the long term; they're good for you for so many reasons including ridding your body of free radicals: you get good short term + long term health!

Cheers!

Change your diet!

Add - N3's, N6's, beef, fatty fishes, berries, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic........

Choose anti-inflammatory foods and get rid of foods that cause inflammation.

Get rid of rice, potatoes, sugars, breads....

thanks for the advice but I am allergic to shellfish and seafoods like salmon and trout, it really puts a hamper on my diet, the calcium deposit causes pain during chest and I avoid overhead presing, I am coming off a broken leg so I am not ready for another surgery yet, if i sleep on my left shoulder I have pain in the morning, I had a cortisone shot and it did nothing

try vitamin d for that. just dont go overboard.

All that diet info from Jodi is right though.. also, keep in mind sugar in your diet - and the things that turn into sugar in your body- go right to the source of any infection. So if there's inflammation in your body, sugar will find it's right to it and make it worse. By the by, you can take your Ibuprofen as soon as you're feeling discomfort, but like any drug, if you can go without it's much better for your body & long term health.

I heard tell of someone soaking brown paper in apple cider vinegar and letting it seep into your skin all day- seems to make sense if you think of what it will to calcium carbonate in a glass, but due to the dearth of real data I can't get behind it.

I found this link: do a ctrl F and in the finder box search for this I think it'll help.
"Alternative and Herbal remedies"

w w w (dot)arthritis-treatment-and-relief.com/herbal-remedies-bone-spurs.html

I did find this info about a non-surgical treatment- I hope you feel better soon--

"Over the last decade, several reports have shown successful treatment of chronic calcific tendonitis with the use of shockwave therapy. Shockwave therapy is thought to work by inducing so-called 'microtrauma' and stimulates blood flow to the affected area. Most reports on this method of treatment of calcific tendonitis show guarded success--perhaps 50-70% of patients improving after one or two high-energy shockwave treatments. This treatment of calcific tendonitis can be painful, and usually requires anesthesia in order for it to be tolerated by the patient. The good news is that there is a very low complication rate from shockwave therapy. Most patients will develop a hematoma (bruising) from the treatment, but otherwise there are few complications."

IML Gear Cream!
I can't find a doctor in south Florida that does that procedure, I looked into it and want to try it

Change your diet!

Add - N3's, N6's, beef, fatty fishes, berries, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic........

Choose anti-inflammatory foods and get rid of foods that cause inflammation.

Get rid of rice, potatoes, sugars, breads....

Can you give me a list of anti inflammatory foods that you found in your experience have worked?

I have tendonitis in my hip and have been looking for a way to control the inflammation after my squats sessions without popping pills

ask jugger about a shot he recommened to me i asked my dr and he said " what is that" my dr is a beauty boy, so i got cortisone. it worked 3 days. i forget the name .

Back