• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Can I have some humble pie with my diet advice request.

KelJu

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I thought I knew what I was doing, but I can't seem to break through the wall I have hit. I cut calories and ended up gaining more weight and muscle. I have no F'ing clue how that happened other than my body has gone into homeostasis. I am going to swallow my pride and ask for help. Here is my typical daily diet.

Meal 1: 8:00am
2010-07-25-a.jpg

Meal 2: 12:00pm
2010-07-25-b.jpg

Meal 3: 5:00pm
2010-06-19-b.jpg

Meal 4: 9:00pm
2010-07-25-d.jpg

Daily Total
2010-07-25-e.jpg

* The macros listed above are typical for a weekend day. During the week, everything stays the same except meal #2 is replaced with the following:

2010-07-25-f.jpg

Starting June 1st, I was 265. I lost down to 250lb in about a month. Now I haven't been able to lose any more weight since the start of July. Nothing in my diet changed other than maybe adding more protein. My training has been pretty good, and even though I am on a fairly intense calorie deficit, I am making gains in the gym.

The problem is that I don't want to make gains in the gym right now. I want to cut fat. It just makes no sense to me to cut calories anymore than what I have. Is my metabolism shutdown? Should I increase the calories to about 1,700 for a few weeks then regroup with a completely different nutritional plan?

I have heard good things about UD 2.0. I was thinking about buying the book on amazon unless somebody has a link to the information and/or the time to help me build a diet plan.

whoa, sorry to get of subject but where do i get that calorie calculator?

Is that right that you are only consuming 1200 cals a day? I am NO expert just in the process of learning more about cutting...

whoa, sorry to get of subject but where do i get that calorie calculator?

Is that right that you are only consuming 1200 cals a day? I am NO expert just in the process of learning more about cutting...

Yes, and I know it is fucking stupid. I think to a certain degree when the weight loss stopped, I took the approach towards my own body of "all right mother fucker, you don't want to shed fat, I'll fucking punish you!".

Then my body said back to me "who the fuck do you think you are! I'm your body and I will do whatever the fuck I want to do!"

In the process I think my metabolism has crashed.

Yes, and I know it is fucking stupid. I think to a certain degree when the weight loss stopped, I took the approach towards my own body of "all right mother fucker, you don't want to shed fat, I'll fucking punish you!".

Then my body said back to me "who the fuck do you think you are! I'm your body and I will do whatever the fuck I want to do!"

In the process I think my metabolism has crashed.

In the short time I have been cutting I have noticed that my body does not like extremely low cals either! I am going to try 1800-2200 a day and see where that takes me...

I think you are right with the 1700 or so you suggested, but again, I am NO expert

Pump up your calories for 1-2 weeks. Then, slowly drop them again to more reasonable levels (1200 is not reasonable for someone your size outside of a PSMF).

When I say pump up, I don't mean to 1700 either as that's still likely below maintenance. Probably need 2300+ for a week or so.

I think you have the right idea regarding what types of food to be eating but you're not eating often enough in my opinion. Try to be eating every 3 hours. Why not up the fats (healthy of course) and completely cut the carbs out and go for a keto style diet? Simply just protein and fats with every meal and zero carbs then once per week have a very high carb day with low fats.

P.S keep up with the weights and try low intensity cardio before breakfast or immediately after your workout.

Hope this helps and keep up the good work!

1200... WTF DUDE. That's way too much. EVERYONE knows that weight loss happens at 4 - 500 cals!! sheesh :nerd:

Let me reiterate the point that I was consuming between 1,500 and 1,600 calories for nearly three weeks when the weight lose stopped. The extremely low calorie intake that I am at now is the result of constantly dropping over the coarse of the last few weeks.

Let me reiterate the point that I was consuming between 1,500 and 1,600 calories for nearly three weeks when the weight lose stopped. The extremely low calorie intake that I am at now is the result of constantly dropping over the coarse of the last few weeks.

I'm just talking shit.

IML Gear Cream!
You dropped yourself into the starvation zone. Like Danzik said, you need to kick it up for a week or so. Try cycling carbs if this happens to you all the time.

I think you have the right idea regarding what types of food to be eating but you're not eating often enough in my opinion. Try to be eating every 3 hours. Why not up the fats (healthy of course) and completely cut the carbs out and go for a keto style diet? Simply just protein and fats with every meal and zero carbs then once per week have a very high carb day with low fats.

P.S keep up with the weights and try low intensity cardio before breakfast or immediately after your workout.

The whole "eat every 3 hours" thing is a myth. It was dis-proven years ago. Mind you there are other reasons to do it, but they're all personal preference and have nothing to do with overall weight loss or increasing your metabolism.

KJ - why not do a week or 2 at maintenance and then try a PSMF? It will kick start your metabolism.

Slowly increase to maintenance on the first week and then hold maintenance for the 2nd.

KJ - why not do a week or 2 at maintenance and then try a PSMF? It will kick start your metabolism.

Slowly increase to maintenance on the first week and then hold maintenance for the 2nd.

I think I will do that. I upped my calories today slowly. I'll take the next few weeks to regroup and plan out a new diet.

Use carbs for a lot of the increase over these two weeks. You'll bloat. Don't worry about it. The carbs will help you pop up thyroid and leptin.

Yes the 3 hours or 6 meals a day stuff is dead.

Kel when was the last time you did a carb up? You have to think dude, you've been working out too. If you're doing that many calories on a moderately active day you're leaving sub 1k to live on. You're definitely on the backside of the curve by now.

Back