• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

wait isnt America the 3rd roman empire?

THE_BROSKI

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i mean america is pretty much all the sons of Europe in one huge large land empire with the biggest shit just sayin

will we have the same fate as rome tho?

According to the broiology, usa will drown in its bullshit.

Doesn't take a genius to see the downward spiral the Western World is on.

As a dual citizen of the two great empires, america and china this is my take.

China seemingly growing in economic power because we have not wasted the majority of our national budget on wars that cannot be easily won. We have concentrated on it internally. Although we are a powerhouse of generating legions of scientific and mathmatical saavy citizens, I don't think our country can indoctrinate inventiveness like my adopted county America. Although, in the latter, we are not generating the educated legions of scientists that are needed to advance society further with new products, which in turn, generate new exporting goods, which in turn, feed our economic engine. We import basic scientists from India and china and europe and turkey and train them in our educational system, but now we are losing them as they return to their countries which are rising in economic power. We are no longer a country that produces much of anything, but we are still a culture of great improvisation and problem solving.

The sleeping giant is India and Russia. The former, the largest democracy with citizens indoctrinated with both a culture of enterprising citizens and scientific know-how. Unlike china, they produce legions of scientifically saavy citizens but also promote free thinking enterprise like America. As for russia, just look for george freidman's take on stratfor, he is more eloquent than I could ever be.

We are no longer a country that produces much of anything,

The toyota camry and honda accord are over 90% made in America. I think your statement is a bit of a fallacy about the USA. We still produce quite a bit.

The toyota camry and honda accord are over 90% made in America. I think your statement is a bit of a fallacy about the USA. We still produce quite a bit.

I would not count on our car industry to enhance our export economy or prevent the continual decline .....

I would not count on our car industry to enhance our export economy or prevent the continual decline .....

im not counting on it to do either. i'm simply using it as an easily understood counter example to your statement that the united states doesn't produce anything anymore. I tend to believe the US is on a downward slide. I would point to very different indicators however.

I think we are talking two different things. What I meant was that we don't produce anything new in terms of recent innovative technology like we used to. Yes there is the Ipad etc. but it is on the very generation that was produced during Bill Gates era. We are still riding on the coattails of our past achievements. And lest we remember that the coattails were on the backs of foreign basic scientists in chemistry, physics etc , a majority of whom are foreign nationals going back to their respective countries. IN almost all research labs I worked at I was one of maybe a handful of americans ( naturilzed one at that) in a sea of asians, europeans, indians, turks etc.

It is a bottom up disintigration. Those of us at the bottom, basic research scientists supported the top heavy industries managed brilliantly by americans. But now that base is crumbling. I believe the best way this country can get back on track is to invest in homegrown american scientists, since america is a place where we can thrive the best yet we are losing. the top 6 out of 12 pharmaceutical companies are now european, we used to command the top 10.

I am selfish that america must succeed, because despite China's brilliance in forging ahead as a super world power, we are symbiotically tied in to america's success. We aren't buying up your bonds to own America, ( although it looks like it doesn't it?) but because we must help america survive. Ironically, as a twin along with my dual citizenship , I feel that we are twin countries with different personalities, just like my sis and I.

I would not compare america to rome in one very important regard. America has from its birth been a highly innovative, non stagnant society capable of problem solving better than most I believe. But I am prejudiced, since I am an American.

Last edited:
i mean america is pretty much all the sons of Europe in one huge large land empire with the biggest shit just sayin

will we have the same fate as rome tho?

It sure does look that way. As someone mentioned earlier, we have very little in the way of science and technology anymore. I was just reading an article not too long ago that about 70 to 80 percent (I can't recall) of university students in fields like biology,chemistry, engineering, and math (all the hard stuff I stayed away from, lol) are not from the US. Even when I look at my friends in college (Many of them from India, Pakistan, E. Turkistan (the Xinjiang region of China), Ukraine, Iran, Gulf countries) they all had majors dealing with science and tech. I was the only history major in the group.

Isn't that what a successful and powerful nation is made of? We don't have that anymore and if we don't do something about it the world will look at us in a different way 10 years from now. I don't see Obama doing anything about it (or about anything for that matter), so we'll see what happens.

It sure does look that way. As someone mentioned earlier, we have very little in the way of science and technology anymore. I was just reading an article not too long ago that about 70 to 80 percent (I can't recall) of university students in fields like biology,chemistry, engineering, and math (all the hard stuff I stayed away from, lol) are not from the US. Even when I look at my friends in college (Many of them from India, Pakistan, E. Turkistan (the Xinjiang region of China), Ukraine, Iran, Gulf countries) they all had majors dealing with science and tech. I was the only history major in the group.

Isn't that what a successful and powerful nation is made of? We don't have that anymore and if we don't do something about it the world will look at us in a different way 10 years from now. I don't see Obama doing anything about it (or about anything for that matter), so we'll see what happens.

did u guys ever look at this country as a string a that got into a bunch of knots like really knoted and FUCK-ED up knoghts where its like impossible and takes you 20 minutes to get un-tied to where the point maybe the only best way to fix is a new shoe lace ( revolution) ?

If you can't text or eat this revolution you speak of, Americans aren't going to go for it. The average American now is nothing like the ones several generations ago.

I think a fix would be to forgive any student loans if an american majors in a basic science and actually enters the field. If a physics major owes as much as a business grad who later goes on to get a high level managerial job, it's no surprise our best business schools are being populated by disenchanted science majors who used to grovel for limited NIH grants to support their research.

The US could very easily be the top power in the land of education and science like we were. It all begins at home, with the parents. Let the kids decide what they want to be, encourage and support their choices. There's more to being a parent than donating a sperm or egg cell and leaving it alone long enough to grow up into an infant and later on showing up for parent/teacher conferences once a semester.

My daughter wants to become a forensic anthropologist. We're helping to direct her into the classes she will need to go in that direction. We also let her indulge in the fictional books that are still based on real life actions or situations. The only think she hasn't had some experience with yet is the smell of dead people.

My son wants to be a cook or chef. So he gets his practice cooking food at home. Learnign the basics so he can handle himself in home ec classes in high school.

My youngest boy is interested in Iron Man. Could that turn into a career? He's smart enough and he thinks rationally enough he could get into weapons design and manufacture.

I'm one hundred percent behind what they want to do with their lives and will do what I can to help them toward those goals.

When away at college success depends on the kids themselves. Can they control the urge to go party 7 nights a week?

We need historians, psychiatrists and psychologists, sociologist to record and straighten out all the little psychopaths the schools churn out nowadays.

We aren't Rome (by the way...Nazi Germany was the proclaimed 3rd Roman Empire) b/c we are missing one integral missing practice that the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd empires were committed too. Occupation.

We have never conquered a foreign army and physically occupied their homeland....we may have a military presence for some odd years (or a limited presence on a long term basis) but we have a full track record of rebuilding the countries we've beat in war.

As far the education aspect goes...I'm not terribly concerned when our averages poorly compare to the rest of the world. I'll take the top 10% of our students against the top 10% to any other country...any time. Our 30-80 percentile may not stack up well, but our best and brightest are the the worlds best and brightest. I found it interesting that some one posted about our students going away from the hard sciences due to poor pay, which is a shame. I read somewhere in 2007 that over 60% of MIT grads (business, physics, math, english...60% of ALL MIT grads) went to go work in finance. If the USG sees a long term deficiency here, they need to begin incentivizing by forgiving debt for science majors. We can only rely on foreign brain drain for so long

There are also a couple things to consider. China's population. Because of that one simple thing that gives them more honors students than the US has students.

China is also starting to have problems with regular workers who are realizing that they should get a bigger slice of the corporate pie. I've been saying that for years. Was only a matter of time.

China is also starting to have problems with regular workers who are realizing that they should get a bigger slice of the corporate pie. I've been saying that for years. Was only a matter of time.

A major difference between western education and eastern (and pretty much all other) education is that in the west we focus focus a lot on problem solving and creativity, whereas in the east they focus on simple memorization.

Now kids don't even have to come up with the correct answer. As long as they put in effort and came up with something they get credit for it. It's messed up.

Effort is being confused with results.

IML Gear Cream!
I found it interesting that some one posted about our students going away from the hard sciences due to poor pay, which is a shame. I read somewhere in 2007 that over 60% of MIT grads (business, physics, math, english...60% of ALL MIT grads) went to go work in finance. If the USG sees a long term deficiency here, they need to begin incentivizing by forgiving debt for science majors. We can only rely on foreign brain drain for so long

I also think it is cultural. It never occurred to me when I moved to the states that being good in science and math made me less feminine or more geeky. It was just something expected of us back in the Far East. I had too much self worth to succomb to that line of thinking and it never affected my dating potential once I was in college, but I and my twin were definately a social pariah in the american high schools.

That's the case in pretty much every American high school.

I also think it is cultural. It never occurred to me when I moved to the states that being good in science and math made me less feminine or more geeky. It was just something expected of us back in the Far East. I had too much self worth to succomb to that line of thinking and it never affected my dating potential once I was in college, but I and my twin were definately a social pariah in the american high schools.

I never understood that. I find a woman that's smarter than me to be attractive. A pretty empty shell is just eye candy, nothing more - no substance.

A major difference between western education and eastern (and pretty much all other) education is that in the west we focus focus a lot on problem solving and creativity, whereas in the east they focus on simple memorization.

Let's see if it stays like that. No Child Left Behind really puts a focus on memorization and takes it from creativity with their focus on test scores.

It also plays to the lowest common denominator rather than encouraging our top students to excel.

I never understood that. I find a woman that's smarter than me to be attractive. A pretty empty shell is just eye candy, nothing more - no substance.

Dumber girls put out more. Plus, it is a fact that smart and successful women have more relationship problems due to the fact that they don't put up with as much bullshit.

I go for the airheads with the big booty and try not to use big words.

I find the idea that smart girls are given less social attention in high school to be utterly bogus. All the hot girls in my high school were in AP classes and everyone of em got around. guys don't give a damn either way if a woman is smart or stupid in high school. If she is hot she is going to get attention.

when it comes to marriage all bets are off. everyone is looking for their own thing.

In the waning decades of the Finale Romana the form of popular entertainment had dwindled into base violence and sex.... Now look at all of our current high grossing movies they either have to have explosions or scantily clad women in them or both, boxing is on the out and MMA is in, next step is bring a weapon into the ring, then give the lions and tigers rescued from dot com mansions something to do throw them in the ring along with the fighters....

Fuck yeah! I'm all down for some violence and sex.

Back