• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Milk Thistle

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Curt am I wrong in doing milk thistle while on cycle flushes gear out making less effective? Maybe I was taught wrong milk thistle only during pct - can you enlighten me : thanks

Was planning on using milk thistle while taking Super-DMZ Rx and during my four-week PCT (along with some other products).

newbie2bb brought up some questions and I was hoping for some input here.

Will milk thistle make supplements and/or gear less effective if stacked with those products?

Thank you for your time. :nerd:

Was planning on using milk thistle while taking Super-DMZ Rx and during my four-week PCT (along with some other products).

Will milk thistle make supplements and/or gear less effective if stacked with those products?

You are going to use gear???

Ha curt beat me to it and funny Vit C. | still counts w your stuff to lol and I am being sent that stuff too

I'm not sure what it does when stacked up against other known supplements, but as far as gear's concerned, it dosen't seem to have any effect other than protecting your liver.

^No.

I'm asking for newbie2bb.

What I'm doing is partaking of a legal supplement courtesy of IronMagLabs, Super-DMZ Rx.

It's like vitamin C.

Honest.
There is limited evidence that milk thistle inhibits the androgen receptor, however its a high concentration in-vitro study on a prostate cell line.. this may not be transmittable to milk thistle supplemention and muscle growth in man. If you want liver support then use Liv-52 as it has not been shown to interfere with any AR to my knowledge.

Silymarin inhibits function of the androgen receptor by reducing nuclear localization of the receptor in the human prostate cancer cell line LNCaP

Wen Zhu, Jin-San Zhang and Charles Y.F. Young,1 [SIZE=-1]Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Department of Urology, Mayo Graduate School, Mayo Clinic/Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA [/SIZE]

A number of reports have shown that the polyphenolic flavonoid silymarin (SM) is an effective anticancer agent. Agents with novel mechanisms of blocking androgen receptor (AR) function may be useful for prostate cancer prevention and therapy. Previous studies showed that silibinin (SB), the major active component of SM, could inhibit cell proliferation of a human prostate cancer cell line, LNCaP, by arresting the cell cycle at the G1 phase without causing cell death. This study further delineates the potential molecular mechanism by which SM and SB exhibit antiproliferative effects on androgen-responsive prostate cancer cells by inhibiting function of the AR. We observed that SM and SB inhibited androgen-stimulated cell proliferation as well as androgen-stimulated secretion of both prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein (hK2). Additionally, for the first time, we show that an immunophilin, FKBP51, is androgen regulated and that this up-regulation is suppressed by SM and SB. We further demonstrate that transactivation activity of the AR was diminished by SM and SB using gene transfer of PSA promoter and hK2 androgen-responsive element constructs. However, expression and steroid-binding ability of total AR were not affected by SM in western blotting and ligand-binding assays. Intriguingly, we found that nuclear AR levels are significantly reduced by SM and SB in the presence of androgens using western blotting assay and immunocytochemical staining. This study provides a new insight into how SM and SB negatively modulate androgen action in prostate cancer cells.

Full text at Silymarin inhibits function of the androgen receptor by reducing nuclear localization of the receptor in the human prostate cancer cell line LNCaP -- Zhu et al. 22 (9): 1399 -- Carcinogenesis

Weldingman swears by Milk Thistle and it doesn't effect his 700lb Bench Press..

Oh did i mention he's the Light and The Way?

dont mean to high jack curt, just quick question. wats a good dosage for milk thistle? heavy, curt , anybody, i take 4g ed now but if on better than 2gr ewk gear?

dont mean to high jack curt, just quick question. wats a good dosage for milk thistle? heavy, curt , anybody, i take 4g ed now but if on better than 2gr ewk gear?

I'm not Heavy or Curt, but it's reccomended that you do not take more than 4,000mg e/d.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm not Heavy or Curt, but it's reccomended that you do not take more than 4,000mg e/d.

ok, so iam at maximum. thnx flat. i said or " anybody" at end. but thnx bro alot. ive been waiting for a answer. i dont know wats going on, i should of just looked on bottle your right it says dont exceed 4 times ed. wat the hells wrong with me dahh. lol.

WOW! THAT IS A LOT of milk thistle.

I use it. But I have never come across a concrete study that proves that it helps us in the manner we want it to. Liv52 is the way to go.

/V

I use it. But I have never come across a concrete study that proves that it helps us in the manner we want it to. Liv52 is the way to go.

/V

Do you "ONLY" use Liv 52?

I have some and i only use 2 tabs a day of the Double Strength version. I also take about 800mgs of NAC and Milk Thistle

ok i got it 300 to 500mg ed is recomended. thnx for the help.

Last edited:

/V

Did you read that abstract heavyiron posted?

Ordered a bottle of Liv-52 online last night. :thumbs:

ok i got it 300 to 500mg ed is recomended. thnx for the help.

Of milk thistle?

IML Gear Cream!
^^^yeah curt, is that to low. i just assumed since my liver is so good with it i would take the max recommened dose, which is 4gr. but 3- 800mg now?

^^^I don't know.

The bottle I have offers this suggested use:

As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 2 capsules three times daily with water before meals or as directed by your physician.

That's 500mg capsules, so their max recommended or suggested dosage would be, what, 3000mg or 3 grams every day, right?

Saw 1500mg somewhere but lost the cite or link.

But then heavyiron posted the article or abstract stating that milk thistle lowers testosterone? Endogenous what?

^^^^Honestly, no clue, unclem. Hopefully someone else will chime in or you'll get a message from someone. I'm going to check out the other DMZ threads this weekend. See if anyone has outlined their planned PCT.

I'm still just pre-loading milk thistle. lol

Waiting to receive my Liv-52, ordered recently.

^^^iam just going to go with a few grams. because ive been on heavy doses and liver enzymes came back low about 2 weeks after drol 150mg cycle plus. but let me know wat u find out. thnx very much bro.

Received my LiverCare® today. On the label it states "U.S. version of Liv.52®"

I'll be continuing my milk thistle at 1500mg per day (one 500mg capsule a.m. and two 500mg capsules p.m.) and two Liv.52 capsules per day (one in the morning and one at bedtime).

Just protects your liver bro, no affect on the gear from everything I've researched.

Back