• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The REAL TALK on half-lifes

Supermans Daddy

Jamaican Rude Boy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been read'n alot of threads that make me think that perhaps the functional, practical use of compound half-life may be misunderstood or just completely omitted. I also don't see many post'n bout orals and AI's half-life and their most effective uses. Also I've seen many plan'n cycles based on active -life instead of half-life which is basically a crap shoot when it comes to get'n max gains and keep'n them.

An important consideration when plann'n a cycle at least to me, in particular the timing of dose'n to be administered, is the active half-life of the drug being employed. We can play the (t) game.The half-life may be defined as the time (t) the level is half of the start'n level of a given compound; at time 2t, the level is a quarter of the startn level, and at time 3t, the level is an eighth of the start'n level, and so on.

This information is vital in the time'n of the dose'n when attempt'n to achieve a more stable blood concentration, which leads to greater overall results and maintenance of gains. Some fluctuations of concentration levels are acceptable, and are also mostly unavoidable, but should be kept to a minimum.

This covers the half-life's of the most commonly used steroids, esters and ancillary compounds.

Oral steroids

Drug Active half-life
Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours
Anavar (oxandrolone) 9 hours
Dianabol (methandrostenolone, methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours ( this is why Dbol is wasted unless it is dosed at least twice daily)
Methyltestosterone 4 days
Winstrol (stanozolol)
(tablets or depot taken orally) 9 hours

Steroid esters

The half-life applies to the ester regardless of hormone attached, for example trenbolone enanthate and primobolan (methenolone enanthate) will act very similarly to testosterone enanthate in terms of release rate.

Drug Active half-life
Suspension within 1 hour
Acetate 1 day
Propionate 1 day
Phenylpropionate 1-2 days
Butyrate 2-3 days
Valerate 3 days
Hexanoate 3 days
Caproate 4-5 days
Isocaproate 4-5 days
Heptanoate 5-6 days
Enanthate 5-6 days
Octanoate 6-7 days
Cypionate 6-7 days
Nonanoate 7 days
Decanoate 7-8 days
Undeclenate 8-9 days
Undecanoate Approx 20 days but math says 19.3 to be exact and yes I am a geek. lol

Ancillaries

Drug Active half-life
Arimidex 3 days
Clenbuterol 1.5 days
Clomid 5 days
Cytadren 6 hours
Ephedrine 6 hours
T3 10 hours

A practical example is if one was to inject 100mg of testosterone propionate and allow blood levels to peak. In approx 36 hours time (half-life duration from the above tables) and provide'n no other injections had taken place, the level would be reduced to 50mg. Again, a further approx 36 hours down the line and levels would have dropped to 25mg, and the value keeps halve'n every approx 36 hours.

Take it for what it's worth. You may find it useful I hope. But what the hell would I know lol

Peace and Love

Last edited:
Good data. Thanks man.

good post for newbies.

yeah, so many dems ignore this info, think it doesnt matter . . . the big debate is timing for multi-ester compounds like sustanon. Dems forget sustanon is about 'sustained release' :coffee:

bump and sticky this post.

Not to nit pick but winstrol has no true half life as it is unesterfied. It's approximate half life is 8-9 hours though. ;)

Great information.

Not to nit pick but winstrol has no true half life as it is unesterfied. It's approximate half life is 8-9 hours though. ;)

Great information.

Thank you.
On another note it is possible to estimate half-life on things like winstrol and the other compounds in their base forms by using the activie-life and divide'n the mg by the (t) of the activie-life to get an idea for how much mg are released in you per hour if you wanted to. Just a pain in the ass to do the timed doseage that way. One guy who I did'nt understand why it looked like his cycle was CRAZY ( which it was doseage wise and even in sheer amount of compounds used) was actually time'n wise was exactly on point was Andreas Munzer. Which for many reasons may be worst example I could use for protocol lol , but his timed doseages were examples of a guy who understood what he needed to do, he just did WAY WAY too much.

Peace and Love

hey supes, I noticed sustanon isnt on the list. Is there a reason why?
Hey Homey, Why did I know somebody was gonna make me do the math for this compound (basically I was just being lazy lol)

Yes there is because of so many different esters it'd be easier to figure out actual mg per hour than a realistic half-life.( that in my mind is the best way to use something like sus and bein practical in timed does, but again what the hell would I know) There are four different half-lifes happen'n at once.I suppose that if you took the half-live of each compound and added the total sum of release per hour over say 6 hours X4 (which is 24 also the length of the shortest ester in the blend) you could get a pretty accurate idea of REAL half-life of sus in your system or you could add the mg of the middle length ester (48 hours) to your first formula to find a safe bet for keep'n plasma and lipids cool as far injection protocol as yet another option. Really I've seen guys get great results with sus,however from what I understand bout esters I just can't at the moment see at other than as something that could be replaced with something a bit more "user friendly" and get better control of it as well as perhaps even better results. But that's just me.

Peace and Love

What's the 1/2 on Halo, SD?

I 've several different studies that give different info on active life as well as half-life for halo. I'ma take those numbers crunch 'em together and say 8.9 to 9.5 as a half-life for Halo.I'm start'n to sound like a "know it all", and I hate that. I 'm no guru, just good at math. lol PLEASE DON"T MISTAKE THE TWO. I just like understand'n compounds.

Peace and Love

PS would someone able post half-life chart of PH. That'd be interest'n as I don't know jack bout that.

I have a stupid question, SD. What do we do with this information? In other words, is there a half-life point where we should be injecting? How do we time the injections using the half-life information? Sorry for the Newbie question.

I have a stupid question, SD. What do we do with this information? In other words, is there a half-life point where we should be injecting? How do we time the injections using the half-life information? Sorry for the Newbie question.

First, there is no need to apologies, we all are gather'n info so no harm no foul Homey !;)
I hope that you can find it useful to time injections as to keep a "healthy" cycle by keep plasma levels balanced as well as controll'n ill side effects. By time'n your injections you have the ability control the amount of compounds are gett'n in your system and for how long. It's really helpful when try'n to get max gains or even more so when change'n compounds during a cycle. It can also be useful for even execute a perfect PCT ( which in the opinion of many "in the know" is more important than the cycle itself).

The most simple way of include'n this in your protocol would be to find the half-life of the compound and base your injects on that.
Example:

Prop=24 hl . Protocol solution / injection every 24hr to keep balanced levels ( which is why I prefer TTP as a short ester with no water retention , less shots. In my case scare tissue become a concern but thats not what you asked). Just use the chart and you can find out what you need to do for that program effectively for that.

Hope that helps you. Never be afraid to ask Homey.

Peace and Love

IML Gear Cream!
i dont know much either, but i think this one should be a stickie. because there the right times for each drug. another great post friend SD.

Great info as always Homey. I'm startin to understand this AAS thing I think;)

Great info as always Homey. I'm startin to understand this AAS thing I think;)

You wrote the book bro, and taught me the Dbol game. You got the knowledge I wish to gain Homey.

Peace and Love

You wrote the book bro, and taught me the Dbol game. You got the knowledge I wish to gain Homey.

Peace and Love
You already know Homey if you have a question just ask any thing for you brother. And just for the record I've learned an awful lot from you too.

SD & Jcar

Glad to see you fella's back and hope all is well. Very useful information as usual. I will try to incorporate some of this knowledge in my upcoming cycle. Stay in touch my friends.

nice to see ya on more now road, missed ya there brother.

To be honest the only reason I dont post more as of late is because I dont see much where I can jump in with useful information. But I read everything, I'm around.

Back