• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Disturbing Article on Dangers of Nandrolone

2tomlinson

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi Guys, I am very interested in opinions on this article from Mods and other experts. It argues dangers of using Nadrolone, Testosterone -- particularly when used in concert with HGH -- that I've never read before, and, frankly, prefer not to believe. Am I amiss in my reading, is this common knowledge? Or scare-tactic bullshit? I've also pasted the link if you care to see the tables the author offers as proof.

The article pasted below is from ergo-log.com. Link: file:///Users/randywaynewhite/Desktop/Nandrolone%20eleven%20times%20more%20damaging%20to%20blood%20vessels%20than%20testosterone.webarchive

Nandrolone eleven times more damaging to blood vessels than testosterone

Nandrolone kills the blood vessel lining at a concentration eleven times lower than that at which testosterone kills them. Researchers from the University of L???Aquila in Italy discovered this in laboratory tests on human cells.

Heavy and long-term use of anabolic steroids such as testosterone and nandrolone increases the chance of fatal heart failure, and even more so when combined with recreational drugs like cocaine.

There are several theories, which do not exclude each other, as to why anabolic steroids have this effect. The most well known is that anabolic steroids make the heart muscle grow, sometimes to deadly proportions. This effect doesn???t set in after a single course of supplements, or even after a heavy dosage, but only after prolonged use. The chance of the heart muscle becoming enlarged increases even more when anabolic steroids are used in combination with human growth hormone.

Anabolic steroids also have an immediate effect on heart and blood vessels. In high concentrations they kill heart cells and produce blood clots. These tiny, almost invisible clots can cut tissue from the blood vessel lining.

Another negative effect of androgens is that they cause blood vessels to narrow (stenosis). Even the very mild DHEA is known to do this in some experiments.

In all these processes the endothelial cells lining the blood vessels are the key factor. Anabolic steroids harden these cells, which causes higher blood pressure. This in turn causes enlargement of the heart muscle. The hardened cells are also more susceptible to blood clots.

This is the background of the Italian study. The researchers exposed endothelial cells to testosterone, the testosterone precursor androstenedione, and two precursors of nandrolone. They then recorded the concentration at which half of the cells stopped growing. The results are presented below.

The more an anabolic steroid reduces growth of blood vessel cells, the more dangerous the anabolic steroid is for the heart and blood vessels. Nandrolone is much more damaging than testosterone, as the figure above shows.

Norandrostenediol on the other hand turns out to be surprisingly mild. [Maybe the stuff is a SARM after all ??? red.] The graphs below show the effect of testosterone [blue], nandrolone [black] and norandrostenediol [green] on the growth and development of the endothelium cells. Nandrolone has a much greater effect on cells then testosterone.

Seems pretty one-sided and focused on the "evils" of the anabolics mentioned. I would need more information to make any kind of decision on the validity of the claims, but at first glance it all sounds pretty fishy to me.

Seems pretty one-sided and focused on the "evils" of the anabolics mentioned. I would need more information to make any kind of decision on the validity of the claims, but at first glance it all sounds pretty fishy to me.

I certainly want to believe it's wrong since my Doc has me on Test, Nandrolene and HGH -- the deadly triad, according to this. Do you think it's a backdoor approach to pushing Norandrostenediol as a better product? Fuck, if it's accurate, though, I need to re-evaulate what I'm doing.

I certainly want to believe it's wrong since my Doc has me on Test, Nandrolene and HGH -- the deadly triad, according to this. Do you think it's a backdoor approach to pushing Norandrostenediol as a better product? Fuck, if it's accurate, though, I need to re-evaulate what I'm doing.

Hard to tell what the motivation might be, but I would not make any major decisions based on this only. Frankly, I would be shocked if there isn't some kind of ulterior motive behind the article.

Thats it im giving up roids i can't give up the coke:coffee:

After reading this, I wouldn't put too much thought into the article...

About Us

Ergo-log.com is a news site about legal and illegal ergogenic aids. When they work, ergogenic aids make us stronger, faster, cleverer and younger. They often have side effects, some of which we can live with, others not.

Our aim is not to encourage you to use ergogenic aids. Nor is it our aim to discourage you if you do use them. We do not approve or disapprove. Ergogenic aids are neither ‘good’ nor ‘bad’ as far as we are concerned. We are fascinated by them, but do not judge them. We report on them. We bring you News.

We are a News site. We do not proclaim The Truth. We do not tell you what you should and should not do. If we report on the harmful effects of a protein-rich diet, we do not say that you ‘therefore’ shouldn't follow a protein-rich diet. If we report on a study that says the risks of anabolic steroids are minimal, we do not say that anabolic steroids are ‘therefore’ safe.

Ergo-log is not about The Truth and does not have a Message. There are enough people in the world who have already found The Truth. Most of them are highly dangerous. Ergo-log.com does not believe in The Truth. We believe in intelligent people who are open to learning about new insights, and who can work out for themselves what is of value and leave the rest for what it is.

Another negative effect of androgens is that they cause blood vessels to narrow (stenosis).

From what I know and have seen, this is not true. Actually it is the opposite.
Testosterone is not only responsible for maintaining heart muscle protein synthesis, but it is a promoter of coronary artery dilation! This last statement was taken from this article....http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/anabolic-zone/67662-hrt-info.html
Although this is a HRT related article, it clearly shows the benefits of test used is moderation in aging men.

dg806, Thanks for the voice of reason. I did not click on "about us" (as did you) and what you pasted is chilling. "Most of the people who have found the truth are dangerous . . ." Fucking weirdos who managed to upset my day until now.

They only cite one science article to support one point of the whole article. Here is the science.

Toxicol Lett. 2007 Mar 8;169(2):129-36. Epub 2007 Jan 3.

Detrimental effects of anabolic steroids on human endothelial cells.

D'Ascenzo S, Millimaggi D, Di Massimo C, Saccani-Jotti G, Botrè F, Carta G, Tozzi-Ciancarelli MG, Pavan A, Dolo V.
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of L'Aquila, Via Vetoio-Coppito 2, L'Aquila 67100, Italy.

Abstract

The aim of this study is to investigate the effects in vitro induced by androgenic anabolic steroids (AAS) (testosterone, nandrolone, androstenedione, norandrostenedione, and norandrostenediol) used illicitly in sport competitions, on the proliferation ability, apoptosis and the intracellular calcium concentration ([Ca2+]i) in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), selected as a prototype of a biological target system whose structure and function can be affected by steroids. For this purpose, we evaluated the proliferation inhibition by cytotoxic assay expressed as the concentration of drug inducing a 50% decrease in growth (IC50). The IC50 was reached for testosterone at 100 microM, androstenedione at 375 microM, nandrolone at 9 microM, norandrostenedione at 500 microM. The IC50 value for norandrostenediol was not reached until a concentration of 6000 microM. The apoptotic effect was evaluated by flow cytometry at IC50 for each drug. We observed that testosterone induced 31% of apoptotic cells, norandrostenedione 25%, androstenedione 15% and nandrolone 18%. We have analyzed the effects of these drugs on [Ca2+]i both in the immediate and long-term continuous presence of each compound. Our data show a statistically significant increase of [Ca2+]i in the acute condition and in long-term treated cultures, suggesting that androgen steroids modulate intracellular levels of calcium independent of incubation time or compound identity. As a whole, this study demonstrates that AAS might alter endothelial homeostasis, predisposing to the early endothelial cell activation that is responsible for vascular complications observed frequently in AAS users.

PMID: 17267145 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

IML Gear Cream!
vascular complications? that's a rather broad spectrum of unfavorable health conditions...

that's like saying glucose causes cancer...lol

Back