• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

No heavy weights for CSU

bigss75

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Figure some people might care since its my alma mater and I think Prince went here too.

Our View: Grow some muscle, Colorado State University

All you iron pumpers out there, save yourselves a trip to the Student Recreation Center front desk to ask where the really heavy dumb bells are, because they’re gone.

No, the weights that weigh more than 85 pounds didn’t get lost. Nobody melted them down or used them for scrap metal. And, no, they’re not being used to make a giant dumb bell sculpture.

Nope, instead a group of students wrote and signed a petition saying that people using heavy weights were intimidating and created an atmosphere of elitism. Then, in a move of infinite wisdom and fairness (yes, that’s sarcasm), the Rec Center removed the weights and put them in storage.

When the Collegian called the Rec Center to confirm, the gym said it doesn’t want to support a culture of bodybuilding, which might be funny if it were a joke.

Apparently working hard enough to use the big-boy weights is now a no no at CSU.

While they’re at it, the Rec Center should go ahead and put a limit on the number of pull-ups a person can do so big back muscles don’t intimidate anyone. Oh, and those hard rock climbing routes –– those need to go too so no one feels left out.

Think you can run for three hours on a treadmill? Too bad, walking speed only should be the rule to make sure lazy drunks like us Collegianites feel comfortable.

One way or the other, because of the Rec Center staff’s asinine decision, all of you out there who’ve worked hard enough to hit the heavy weights, not to mention those of you who use them for common exercises like shoulder shrugs, you’re out of luck.

Sounds like a counter-petition might be in order … unless you’d rather to sit on the couch and eat some potato chips and develop a nice beer gut so none of us get jealous of your big muscles.

The Rocky Mountain Collegian :: Our View: Grow some muscle, Colorado State University

That's absurd. I'm not even that big and I use more than 85 lbs. for things like shoulder shrugs although I think I have benched them. And as far as the treadmill goes that is just stupid. What would be the point of even getting on the treadmill if I could only walk?

Figure some people might care since its my alma mater and I think Prince went here too.

Our View: Grow some muscle, Colorado State University

All you iron pumpers out there, save yourselves a trip to the Student Recreation Center front desk to ask where the really heavy dumb bells are, because they???re gone.
No, the weights that weigh more than 85 pounds didn???t get lost. Nobody melted them down or used them for scrap metal. And, no, they???re not being used to make a giant dumb bell sculpture.
Nope, instead a group of students wrote and signed a petition saying that people using heavy weights were intimidating and created an atmosphere of elitism. Then, in a move of infinite wisdom and fairness (yes, that???s sarcasm), the Rec Center removed the weights and put them in storage.
When the Collegian called the Rec Center to confirm, the gym said it doesn???t want to support a culture of bodybuilding, which might be funny if it were a joke.
Apparently working hard enough to use the big-boy weights is now a no no at CSU.
While they???re at it, the Rec Center should go ahead and put a limit on the number of pull-ups a person can do so big back muscles don???t intimidate anyone. Oh, and those hard rock climbing routes ?????? those need to go too so no one feels left out.
Think you can run for three hours on a treadmill? Too bad, walking speed only should be the rule to make sure lazy drunks like us Collegianites feel comfortable.
One way or the other, because of the Rec Center staff???s asinine decision, all of you out there who???ve worked hard enough to hit the heavy weights, not to mention those of you who use them for common exercises like shoulder shrugs, you???re out of luck.
Sounds like a counter-petition might be in order ??? unless you???d rather to sit on the couch and eat some potato chips and develop a nice beer gut so none of us get jealous of your big muscles.
The Rocky Mountain Collegian :: Our View: Grow some muscle, Colorado State University

Hope the athletes have their own place to train. The whole thing is just silly.

Haha - this is so dumb.

I don't get people who are intimidated by some random guy who happens to use big weights. To me, somebody using big weights properly motivates me.

i think it's intimidating when nerds who can't lift over 85lbs use big words around me.....i'm petitioning they close the library and ban using words only found in a thesaurus or term paper in normal conversation

How about fewer A students too, we dont want to make lazy and/or idiots feel bad about binging over the weekend instead of studying.

I'm not even that big and I use more than 85 lbs. for things like shoulder shrugs although I think I have benched them.

That was actually my favorite part of the article. I love how they didn't pick a movement like a shoulder press or chest press. They instead selected a movement that has lifters more or less using their heaviest dumbbell weight.

I'm also curious how they actually got their way -- wouldn't the rest of the lifting population be up in arms about taking away the men's dumbbells?

I would love to see the geeks running that "gym" their qualifications are what?

When I went to csu it was the scrawny frat guys that would roll 8 deep and at the bench press that would be pricks to everyone. I quit going cause it was always too crowded. What really bugs me the most is they don't want to create a bodybuilding environment, I didnt know that was a bad thing. I get jealous when I see someone more built or stronger and it drives me to better myself. Luckily there are some really good gyms for bodybuilders up there like The Zone or Anytime.

IML Gear Cream!
I can understand a few things limiting what can be done in a gym. Not everybody wants to hear someone sound like he's howling at the moon while trying to hump the ceiling pressing just the bar up on his 83rd set. But taking away the heavy weights just because someone feels intimidated by someone else using them? Sounds like a bunch of slack jawed faggots hate it when someone else puts in the work to use the big boy weights.

Back