• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Trump 'Seriously Considering' 2012 Presidential Bid

busyLivin

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
He's not exactly throwing his hat in the ring yet, but real estate mogul Donald Trump told Fox News on Tuesday that he's giving his first serious consideration to running for president in 2012.

Trump, who said that America has lost global respect, said he's been asked to run as a Reform Party candidate before but if he were to give it a go, he'd be on the Republican ticket.

"I'm a Republican so if I did anything, I'd do it, I guess, as a Republican," Trump said. "I'm totally being serious because I can't stand what's happening to the country. First time I am being serious about it. I've been asked for years to do it. And I had no interest. This is the first time I am -- at least I'm considering it. That doesn't say I'm going to do it ... but I am seriously considering it."

Trump openly discussed the option after Time magazine reported that somebody had been polling New Hampshire residents on possible 2012 presidential candidates -- the survey included dozens of questions about Trump.

Trump told Fox News the poll wasn't his and he didn't pay for it, but said he hears the results are "amazing." He suggested he has the "common sense" and, most importantly, the "finesse" to be commander-in-chief.

"I think my whole life has sort of been about finesse when you get right down to it. I mean it's -- what running a country is, is to a certain extent we have to bring principle back and we have to also bring common sense back," Trump said. "We have no common sense. We have no common sense. And we're losing this country. Mark my words, if we keep going this way, we're losing this country. It will no longer be great. It's not respected to anywhere near what it used to be.

He definitly has experience surviving in a bankrupt enviorment.

Don Trump is an egomaniac. Sounds like he'd fit into politics perfectly. I'm sure he'd sell out immediately to the highest bidder. Practically the secret to success in American politics.

I don't know much about him at all. Of course I know who he is, but politically I'm clueless.

yeah, but Trump is a very successful businessman, so he would not do well in politics, you have to be a brainless drone with a cult type following and be gifted in ass kissing, lying, manipulation, etc. to be a successful politician.

yeah, but Trump is a very successful businessman, so he would not do well in politics, you have to be a brainless drone with a cult type following and be gifted in ass kissing, lying, manipulation, etc. to be a successful politician.

Excellent point. He is pretty well-equipped when it comes to lying and manipulation, but he is no idiot, and is not afraid to try new and innovative things to be successful. That alone would disqualify him for public service.

Trump being president is about the same as Ross Perot, both are very smart, billionaire businessmen, but not politicians.

That would be awesome to get another Admiral Stockdale on a ticket! :rofl:

:finger: Your Fired!!

Why not, his businesses have only declared bankruptcy 5 times.

doesn't matter who is POTUS the corporate special interest system will only allow so much "change" in terms of economics in this country. we started down a path and can't turn around and it will run it's course. that's why the people need to seriously educate themselves more about economics and gain some control on this crazy trend of outrageous household spending right now and debt to income ratios that defy logic. if your new car cost is close to or equal than your annual salary you don't know shit about economics!

Last edited:
^ I agree, I think there are limits (more or less depending on which direction) to what the president can actually get done. I still like Ron Paul.

Gridlock!

That's the best thing that could ever happen. The only time this country seems to thrive is when the two parties cancel each other out and effectively take the government out of our private lives.

That's the reason I want the Repubus to take back congress but Obama to stay in the White House for two full terms. It would equal gridlock. I'd feel differently if I didn't think the current crop of Republicans weren't every bit as bad as the Democrats but, sadly, I do feel that way.

the only problem with that is that a 3rd party has absolutely no political clout. take for example Texas with it's huge oil industry there is nothing that a 3rd party candidate can offer to the big oil lobbyist that will make them get their "electorates" to vote for a 3rd party candidate. even if they claimed to before big oil and further deregulation of the market they have no power in DC to actually accomplish this who in the Senate or House would vote in favor of "their" legislation?. the same would apply to say the the areas in the Mid-West that are heavy on unions. There's nothing a 3rd party candidate could get for them that would make them get their "electorates" to vote for them unless they championed for the unions, but once again they have no power in DC so what could they really accomplish? politics is all about favors and back scratching...

Trump will never be President.

Has no voting record.

Is a .....celebrity.

Buh-Bye.

Waste of a thread.

lawd, give me strength, that this megalomaniac never becomes prez. I can't believe he could ever be taken seriously for a bid as Prez.

But in this day and age, I guess it's all possible.

If he were to get elected.

You'll get what you asked for!

Trump will never be President.

Has no voting record.

Is a .....celebrity.

Buh-Bye.

Waste of a thread.

You list these as reasons Trump would never get elected to the Presidency yet you just perfectly described our CURRENT President prior to his election. :hmmm:

IML Gear Cream!
but he can still run for it.

Oh yeah, he can run.

As Lenora Fulani did, and the Natural Law party Presidential Candidate who wanted to solve the nation's problems with transcendental meditation. :nerd:

You list these as reasons Trump would never get elected to the Presidency yet you just perfectly described our CURRENT President prior to his election. :hmmm:

INcorrect,

Obama had a voting record. Celebrity? Some politicians are, but most are not. I would not consider BO a celebrity, but the definition can be subjective.

Trivia:

Name the last elected President elected who had no voting record.

Oh yeah, he can run.

As Lenora Fulani did, and the Natural Law party Presidential Candidate who wanted to solve the nation's problems with transcendental meditation. :nerd:

and like Fred Thompson did...lol what a freaking joke

INcorrect,

Obama had a voting record.

You consider "Present" a voting record? :no: We can split hairs on that till we're both blue in the face. Technically you're correct in that BHO does have some votes on record but, realistically? No, he has no REAL record.

Trivia:

Name the last elected President elected who had no voting record.

I'll go out on a limb and guess Eisenhower

Good job, Albie. on Ike.

As for this thread - and no offense to who started it.

This just reinforces the fact that the we are f*cked up nation focusing on Trump, Spears, Lohan, and whoever else.

We are f*cked.

Back