• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Popcorn Carbs Vs Oatmeal

Soul12

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I don't know a whole lot about nutrition, so forgive my ignorance. I have read that when dieting you want to avoid certain types of carbs (simple carbs) because they only provide quick energy and are high in calories. Oatmeal is often recommeneded for breakfast because of its long lasting energy as a complex carb. So, is popcorn not okay for a diet. I am eating a bag of light microwave popcorn every evening because it seems filling to me, (220 calories, 38g carbs) I am not on a low carb diet at all, I just make sure to get my required protein daily. But people are telling me that popcorn is high on GI index and I am not burning fat efficiently. In short, am I hurting my fat loss efforts by eating a bag of popcorn every evening.

Thanks in advance for reading my long post.

A bag of popcorn says is has 34 grams of carbs versus 54 grams when I have my usual double serving of oats. Which would be preferred?

I don't know a whole lot about nutrition, so forgive my ignorance. I have read that when dieting you want to avoid certain types of carbs (simple carbs) because they only provide quick energy and are high in calories. Oatmeal is often recommeneded for breakfast because of its long lasting energy as a complex carb. So, is popcorn not okay for a diet. I am eating a bag of light microwave popcorn every evening because it seems filling to me, (220 calories, 38g carbs) I am not on a low carb diet at all, I just make sure to get my required protein daily. But people are telling me that popcorn is high on GI index and I am not burning fat efficiently. In short, am I hurting my fat loss efforts by eating a bag of popcorn every evening.

That is probably going to depend on your whole diet within a day.

GI is pretty much meaningless if you're controlling your intake. Popcorn is fine. Ignore your people. They just like to hear themselves talk.

I have just a few more pounds to go on my current cut and it really is going slow, that is why I was asking. I always get confused with the ton of information out there. I guess I listen too much to others when they tell me you have to eat eat certain foods to lose weight effeciently. Thanks for the replies. Appreciate your advice.

However, as a carb source, it's just fine.

Yummy. I think I'll get some popcorn. :)

I have one more question about carbs and cutting in general. Let's say I eat something that has 60 grams of carbs, like two bagels or alot of popcorn. When a person eats a large amount of carbs while cutting does that stop the body from burning fat for a period of time afterwards, etc. like hours? Or does it make no difference how many carbs I consume as long as I am in a calorie deficit and get enough protein for the day?

I have one more question about carbs and cutting in general. Let's say I eat something that has 60 grams of carbs, like two bagels or alot of popcorn. When a person eats a large amount of carbs while cutting does that stop the body from burning fat for a period of time afterwards, etc. like hours? Or does it make no difference how many carbs I consume as long as I am in a calorie deficit and get enough protein for the day?

:)

Back